Oklahoma Woman Works To Free Slaves In Bangkok’s

churchill

Oh, and I wonder how many guys out there have paid one of these young ladies a fair amount of baht per month to stay out of this terrible buisness, only to find that as soon as their ass is on the plane they're straight back on the pole.

Let's forget being PC for a moment.

Q: Why do you think well paid (supported) girls head back to the pole in such a hurry?

A: They enjoy their work.

Rubbish - most are addicted to drugs or alcohol and it's the only way they know to get money.

If they are supported by Fred the 50 year old fat baldy butcher from Scunthorpe, they'll maybe go back to find a better model.

I strongly object to being personaly brought into this debate - surely this is against forum rules :D

Fred the Butcher (Scunny)

:)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe we ought to start an organisation- Im going to call it "Gat Dan Yuu" (anyone get that?) and itll work to save girls "rescued" by this woman from these areas, to help them and their families survive the ordeal financially before the girls can get back to work.

I assume you mean กตัญญู. Do you actually know the real meaning of this word?

I've spent a lot oftime at the largest alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre in the country and believe have helped prostitutes get out of their addiction and therefore prostituting themselves usually in Pattaya and always to white sex-addicts. Have I hurt the whore-mongers in Pattaya - I hope so - sad motherf******s - they really don't know how much misery they cause.

Some of them are now trying to help other bar prostitutes in Pattaya escape the horror of having to give Helmutt from Hamburg and Chuck from Chicago sex for 500 baht.

They hate it and anyone who says otherwise needs to open their eyes.

FREElancers working there, notice free is highlighted

If they enjoy it that much why do they charge?

Might it make you feel guilty if you realised you were responsible( if you are a monger) for some of these girls addiction and death?

They hate it?

The work? That's understandable.

But compared to what? Starving and slaving in a rice field or sweatshop factory? Does that sound fun? Most of the world's humanity does not work for pleasure.

What offends me about these Xian missionaries:

-- There are many yaabaa addicts among the sex workers, never heard of a farang making a Thai a yaabaa addict (they do that to themselves)

-- they do not really respect Buddhism

-- they overplay the slave card, you could say any low wage worker who won't eat unless they work is the same kind of slave

(they also deeply disrespect the plight of REAL slaves of the world, and they do exist today, by claiming the average Bangkok go go pole dancer is a slave)

-- they hate homosexuals and transgenders and think they should come to their God and be "healed" which means they want to CHANGE their sexuality and that is just wrong to force that on anyone

That said, if charities want to offer programs to train sex workers for decent work outside that business, for those that want to make the effort that part is good thing. However, they muddy it up with their imperialistic Christian crusader mentality.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe we ought to start an organisation- Im going to call it "Gat Dan Yuu" (anyone get that?) and itll work to save girls "rescued" by this woman from these areas, to help them and their families survive the ordeal financially before the girls can get back to work.

I assume you mean กตัญญู. Do you actually know the real meaning of this word?

I've spent a lot oftime at the largest alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre in the country and believe have helped prostitutes get out of their addiction and therefore prostituting themselves usually in Pattaya and always to white sex-addicts. Have I hurt the whore-mongers in Pattaya - I hope so - sad motherf******s - they really don't know how much misery they cause.

Some of them are now trying to help other bar prostitutes in Pattaya escape the horror of having to give Helmutt from Hamburg and Chuck from Chicago sex for 500 baht.

They hate it and anyone who says otherwise needs to open their eyes.

What percentage of hookers are Acholics? every profession has a percentage that hates it and drives them to booze. I see a lot more drunken white sex addicts at 1pm then I have hookers. Living in BKK where there must be a hundred thousand I rarely if ever see smashed bar girls until later in the night and certainly only a small percentage. The white sex addicts as you put are are nearly all smashed . Who will save them? Its admirable that you choose to help people but your certainly overstating the grimness of it all

McGee said in January she learned that the International Mission Board was cutting some missionary positions due to budget constraints and her position would no longer be funded. She said she thought the timing was right to start her own ministry offering the same kind of help, but with a broader vision.

So The Missionary Position isn't as popular after all!!!!

FREElancers working there, notice free is highlighted

If they enjoy it that much why do they charge?

Because they can.

I'm pretty sure that most pro football players and rock stars enjoy their jobs, but they still get as much money as they can out of it.

Many of these girls do enjoy different aspects of the job. Some enjoy getting paid to flirt, some like trying to see how much money they can get out of a guy, some like drinking for free, some love to shag just about anybody.

Presenting them as "slaves" (in the industry for Westerners) is just plain silly. :)

We are not even touch the freelancers - uni students, middle class freelancers that well do it for extra dosh so they can get the newest nokia.

Any rate its a bloody profession no less no more. Western thinking is so bloody annoying at times. Any rate - faire play to the lady if this is what she wants to do with her time, but she treading water so to speak.

Missionary mentality - western society is responsible for corrupting the savages, so we must enlighten them. :)

Missionary mentality - western society is responsible for corrupting the savages, so we must enlighten them. :)

For example, see what 400 years of Spanish rule achieved in the Philippines.

In Angeles City the Mormons and other religious bigots give out bibles (and other assorted literature) to the bargirls at hygiene (a once a week health check required by City Hall).

In Angeles City the Mormons and other religious bigots give out bibles (and other assorted literature) to the bargirls at hygiene (a once a week health check required by City Hall).

I'll try to be unbiased here. My wife went up north for a few days leaving me in BKK. I trekked to Cowboy to sit and have a soda and watch the chaos in a "no hassles" bar. Two ladies joined me, I bought them drinks but made it clear I had a wife. After losing all efforts, they asked what I was doing...I told them I was just bored, getting over the flu and wanted to walk around and see people after being shut in for 2 weeks. I then asked some pointed questions like "Why do you do this?" they both said "money". So I said "If you had enough money, would you do this?" they both jumped to answer "hel_l no". They said it's only money so I think it's more economics forcing them into prostitution. Sure it's easy money but given a choice of school or a job, they'd do anything but this. They wear long pants, long shirts to try to compensate after getting off work returning to a conservative girl. It's sad in my objective view. I wish I could give them opportunities like education or an equal paying job. THere are some Patpong places that do hook them on heroin (I've seen it) and keep them in the small brothel. They're militant sorts and dangerous. I kept my questioning to a minimum there.

Many reading this will drift to the famous areas for a little action. Just for grins, ask why they do it and if they had a choice would they continue? Marrying a farang is also likely a second choice had they had a choice in country for the same opportunities.

The same with US prostitution except in the US it's for a drug fix (I work with the homeless and addicted in US inner cities so I gravitate to the underbelly of societies).

"Saving" them...not sure about that. BUT if she could bring along a monk and some respected people of BKK society with her and offer an equal paying job, that would be a Thai solution to a Thai problem. If you step back and think about it, these people are no different and no less intelligent than we are; they're just poor. It could be your sister or daughter out there praying for an opportunity for a better life however she can get it for her family.

Some of the article is sensationalized; I'd be interested to see what replacement opportunity she's offering other than a new religion (if she is).

Be easy on people trying to make a difference however they can. Unless you're in the trenches helping others, criticizing helps no one, right? Buddhism and pre-crusades Christianity is about tolerance. Nothing wrong with helping however they feel they can, right?

^I have also chatted with said ladies with gf in tow. Course they do it for money nothing learned from this, and funny thing is lot of them had pretty good jobs prior making 20K a month. Ask them why they quit a good paying job by Thai standards? I don't want to work 6days a week. Easy money to go with farang and have fun. In summary its more about laziness and materialism if the truth be told. You notice most have the latest mobile costing more than 30K bht and other assorted sundries.

Poor is relative - trying going to other places in the world, Thai(s) have much more than most least we forget.

I then asked some pointed questions like "Why do you do this?" they both said "money". So I said "If you had enough money, would you do this?" they both jumped to answer "hel_l no".

I have some friends who do very dangerous work where they live underwater in a very small area and work on an oil rig. If I asked them if they would do it if they had enough money, they would say hel_l no too.

A LOT of us rather get great pay for doing a different, more pleasant job, but that is not how the world works.

Some like working in the bar, some don't, but they all like the money. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I then asked some pointed questions like "Why do you do this?" they both said "money". So I said "If you had enough money, would you do this?" they both jumped to answer "hel_l no".

I have some friends who do very dangerous work where they live underwater in a very small area and work on an oil rig. If I asked them if they would do it if they had enough money, they would say hel_l no too.

A LOT of us rather get great pay for doing a different, more pleasant job, but that is not how the world works.

Come on - there's no comparison.

Sure, diving and working offshore sucks - I've done it - but it's nothing like giving BJs to dirty old foreigners.

again:

Female construction workers - tip to the hat to this women. Working and living hard every day under extreme conditions only a stone's throw away from the easy going bar scene, where thy could joint at any moment...at a place where thousands of other women enjoy a rather easy life with foreigners, these young and beautiful hard working women show dignity...

Sure, diving and working offshore sucks - I've done it - but it's nothing like giving BJs to dirty old foreigners.

They can say no. Absolutely they can and do. They also can say no unless its 1000bht regardless of how old or young you are. Being a photographer for penthouse magaizine would be sensational. Cleaning toilets suck. Yet we have plenty of toilet cleaners , point being there is always some one somewhere who will accept the lowest of the lows both in east and west. There are also thousand of girls that would sleep with a young hunk for free and the 500bht just a bonus.

Maybe, but asking bar girls if they rather do something else if they made the same money is rather pointless. It is like asking anyone if they would prefer to be a movie star? :)

Also pointless because they will not admit they enjoy it even if they do (which is often the case). The girls will always play for sympathy cash.

^I have also chatted with said ladies with gf in tow. Course they do it for money nothing learned from this, and funny thing is lot of them had pretty good jobs prior making 20K a month. Ask them why they quit a good paying job by Thai standards? I don't want to work 6days a week. Easy money to go with farang and have fun. In summary its more about laziness and materialism if the truth be told. You notice most have the latest mobile costing more than 30K bht and other assorted sundries.

Thought that is worth repeating.

I'll try to be unbiased here. My wife went up north for a few days leaving me in BKK. I trekked to Cowboy to sit and have a soda and watch the chaos in a "no hassles" bar. Two ladies joined me, I bought them drinks but made it clear I had a wife. After losing all efforts, they asked what I was doing...I told them I was just bored, getting over the flu and wanted to walk around and see people after being shut in for 2 weeks. I then asked some pointed questions like "Why do you do this?" they both said "money". So I said "If you had enough money, would you do this?" they both jumped to answer "hel_l no". They said it's only money so I think it's more economics forcing them into prostitution. Sure it's easy money but given a choice of school or a job, they'd do anything but this. They wear long pants, long shirts to try to compensate after getting off work returning to a conservative girl. It's sad in my objective view. I wish I could give them opportunities like education or an equal paying job. THere are some Patpong places that do hook them on heroin (I've seen it) and keep them in the small brothel. They're militant sorts and dangerous. I kept my questioning to a minimum there.

Many reading this will drift to the famous areas for a little action. Just for grins, ask why they do it and if they had a choice would they continue? Marrying a farang is also likely a second choice had they had a choice in country for the same opportunities.

The same with US prostitution except in the US it's for a drug fix (I work with the homeless and addicted in US inner cities so I gravitate to the underbelly of societies).

"Saving" them...not sure about that. BUT if she could bring along a monk and some respected people of BKK society with her and offer an equal paying job, that would be a Thai solution to a Thai problem. If you step back and think about it, these people are no different and no less intelligent than we are; they're just poor. It could be your sister or daughter out there praying for an opportunity for a better life however she can get it for her family.

Some of the article is sensationalized; I'd be interested to see what replacement opportunity she's offering other than a new religion (if she is).

Be easy on people trying to make a difference however they can. Unless you're in the trenches helping others, criticizing helps no one, right? Buddhism and pre-crusades Christianity is about tolerance. Nothing wrong with helping however they feel they can, right?

I know a girl working on walking street with a degree. She just said the money was not very good and it was boring. She also said that nothing is more fun then opening a bar on walking street with your best friends.

again:

Female construction workers - tip to the hat to this women. Working and living hard every day under extreme conditions only a stone's throw away from the easy going bar scene, where thy could joint at any moment...at a place where thousands of other women enjoy a rather easy life with foreigners, these young and beautiful hard working women show dignity...

your kidding right? they are construction workers for a reason, most are as ugly as sin. Have you ever looked into the back of the cattle trucks they transport them in? rest assured a beutiful young exotic lady will not be amongst them

Not withstanding that I think it’s a pity so many of these do-gooders we have in Thailand have to link up their charity & efforts to help with their Christian committments (meaning: I think it would be so much better if they could get on it with it unconditionally), I don’t think some of the drivelling critism of her efforts written here are justified.

As far as the girls themselves are concerned - the truth of the matter, quite beside what the girls themselves think at the time, is that the majority of them will one day in the 30’s and 40’s, when their youthful looks and charm have past them by, find themselves back up North looking back with regret for having passed by their early years on their backs, pleasing foreigners – who now couldn’t give a shit for them or their circumstances.

Oh yes, they are themselves no less to blame, but they are also victims of circumstance – circumstance that most foreigners from the West have had the fortune not to be subjected to.

Yes, I know many of them set out to earn their fame and fortune, find an ex-pat partner ect ect ect …… and indeed, some do, but for the overwhelming majority, that will not be their lot later in life.

Thank God for the likes of Mrs McGee when we have had our fill and moved on.

And as for comments that the girls like what they do – yes, of course there are some that think it’s a hoot and have a laugh, but for the majority you are bluffing yourself if you think that smile is genuine – most get little pleasure out of it, It strips them of self dignity and self worth, they no more enjoy servicing “long noses” than they enjoy the poverty and lack of opportunity that sent them South in the first place.

For every one that makes success of been on the game, there are a dozen more who find it thoroughly unpleasent and degrading.

Don’t kid yourself – its easy to pretend a turd is a chocolate pastry if one has too.

Well, if you don't like giving them why not go back to work offshore, or at least find some clean young foreigners?

What I don't get is why is that legalized prostitution in the west is accepted. however pity the poor Thai slaves forced into barbaric acts with stinky old men.

You guys dont think that a legal 18yr old in a well established brothel doesnt need to blow 70 year old men? or obese westerners? They even pay taxes these days but we dont see much effort to free those "sex slaves" . What about porn stars who will save them? they even got plenty of coverage as a rising industry in a global recession on CNBC of all places! these western woman have far more options than Thais yet they chose the worlds oldest profession to make a living. Why all the negativity toward sex tourists in Thailand when the girls don't have as many options as the hookers in the west?

Well, if you don't like giving them why not go back to work offshore, or at least find some clean young foreigners?

It seems that he has already being giving them to dirty old foreigners offshore.