Buying A Barbeque

bkkmick

I 've just had some work done on my garden and it's time to buy a barbeque.

I've had a look at those on offer in Home Pro but they're not very good.

I've checked online and half decent BBQ was about 30k whichh seems expensive for all a BBQ does.

Anyone know of a decent place selling BBQ's around Bangkok (not too expensive please).

Thanks

Mick

I've checked online and half decent BBQ was about 30k whichh seems expensive for all a BBQ does.

Anyone know of a decent place selling BBQ's around Bangkok (not too expensive please).

Thanks

Mick

Sometimes on the side of the road you will find them for sale along with other garden stuff, this is where I've had my last 2 from,basic metal frame with half an old drum, works great, all for the shocking price of 600 baht.

They last about 2 years. :)

Thanks

Mick

Oh come on, it's so easy to build your own BBQ if you can lay one brick on top of each other, add

a hot plate or grill and off you go :)

Don't forget the chimmy or you will roasted as well :D

Thanks

Mick

Verasu (normally expensive) lists some on their website :http://www.verasu.com/e_catalog.php.

In any event, before buying, you really should talk to Brad McElroy, who owns the Barbeque Store. He is a real good guy and if his are too expensive he will point you in the right direction for what you are looking for.

BBQ's are hugely overpriced here - most Thai buy from the pushcart and have no need for them so the market is farang at farang prices. I am still using a Sears model from 1978 - new innards every few years. Have had the Home Pro Chinese clones and they are dead and buried within a year.

Thanks

Mick

Give this guy a looksee: http://www.gasbbqthailand.com/homepage.html

Mac

Thanks

Mick

We use the old Thai "cooker" type (tin bucket with firebrick) they work great with the readily available hardwood charcoal and cost between 100-150 thb in the country. They rust out in a year but not a great problem.

Alternatively photograph or draw a super chef Cadillac of a bbq and take to a stainless fabricator...you can get gas fittings any place if thats what you need.good luck :)

if you are looking for a coal bbq then best in town is the WEBER .. villa market has a few sellection on their branches .. that is what i am using at the moment. it has been 3 years and still perfect .. it is good for indirect cooking.

• 2 weeks later...