Charity Clothing Donations

StevieH

You could take them (washed, dried and folded) in plastic bags to the local Wat and they will be redistributed, to those in need. My Thia wife and I do this every couple of months and it seems to be accepted. One one occassion we saw one of the ladies who is always present begging, wearing a nice shirt that I had just donated before the lengthy praying session. But please, not that you would, do not donate clothes that are in disrepair. And 2nd hand underwear may be impolite.

Some government hospitals also have a social department that could distribute them to needy clients. Check with them first.

You can donate clean clothing to an organisation called Freedom House who is located behind the turquoise fence down beside Wat Lam Chang. The clothing gets distributed to the refugee kids and their families that the organisation helps :)

They will happily accept such items at the old folks home on Moon Muang (just as you enter Moon Muang heading north)

I have taken heap's of stuff there and they are always very appreciative.

Take it to a temple and you will see the monk's wearing it when they leave the 'monkhood' after they have done their stint. :)

And there is a major business enterprise in the realm selling old clothes (especially Levi's, Wrangler's etc)

Edited by john b good