New To Suvarnabhumi And Balking At Food Prices?

relayer

Is one really allowed to take a bottle of water thru' all the checks and onto an aircraft?

I never bother, refill empty bottle airside and on board.

Plenty of water on Thai flites, being offered alla time, juice too.

No, I was misinformed.

TG924, a night flight, was sadly lacking in fluids offered last Friday.

Next time I will obtain water between check and boarding.

• 1 month later...

There is a smaller, less crowded and more laid back place up the other end of the building at the same ground level. It has some tables outside in the garden. Good place for tea/coffee and some bakery stuff and Thai food. Also uses the coupon system. Also caters largely for airport staff. Prices good.

Does swampy have burger king yet?

Yes there is one in the newly revamped domestic departures eatery (airside - entrance next to Boots at the end of the long travelators). Thank goodness, gone is the hugely overpriced format and in comes a marginally overpriced format with many western chains. Result - many falangs using it, thus creating a good business out of a former desert. Who said Thais do not learn in business?

It is still better to go to level one if you want cheap/Thai food and if you have the time to get down there and back before going airside.

Edited by SantiSuk

Can you use Magic Restaurant ,if you are in transit form Domestic to International ?

Magic is landside, so it depends whether you are able to come out of domestic and go back into international. If your hold luggage is not checked through then you will necessarily be going landside in transit. If you are checked through then I suspect you cannot go landside (but ask when you check in at your first port of departure). Magic is good but it is not worth making a deliberate effort to avoid being checked through just so you can go eat there in my opinion - particularly now that you can get semi-reasonably priced food in the domestic departures airside area (which should be accessible from domestic arrivals if you ask, I would guess). See my previous post immediately above.

• 2 weeks later...

Passing through Swampy recently, on a 2-hour domestic-to-domestic connection, we tried out the food-court with an entrance between Piers A & B, Never Again ! :) Average-cost per-meal/drink was 250B ! :D

So on the way back, a week later, we used Magic Food on Level-1, for under 100B per-person, and I think the food is even better than before. There were many farang tourists, some with all their luggage with them, eating down there too.

'Nuff Said ! :D

I am a little confused as to where this is.

To get to it, you have to pass immigration, or it's situated in the Departures (where you check in for your flight)Arrivals area?

What floors are the Depatures/Arrivals?

And is 1st floor the ground floor (in UK)?

I think that you might want to (or should) get your spelling ability up to snuff before you make any new posts :D

Are you really talkimg about the place where they have some airplanes landing and taking off or is it some place where people with dyslexia want to write about, just to get a few posts up :D

It's always classic when a pedantic critic steps in his own litter box...... :D:)

Edited by WarpSpeed

Last week I ate at the other food place on the first floor. It is on the domestic side of level 1. You have to exit level 1, walk outside on level 1 until you get to the end of the building and then enter from the outside. It is called Nad Jour. It does NOT have the voucher system (you pay cash). All meals were 30 baht and can of singha was 45 baht. The advantage of Nad Jour over Magic is that you can sit outside if you are a smoker. It has the most amazing view of the garden (which was totally deserted). For me Nad Jour was the oasis of Bangkok Airport and an even better kept secret than Magic Food court. By the way, the food was "aroy mak".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Last week I ate at the other food place on the first floor. It is on the domestic side of level 1. You have to exit level 1, walk outside on level 1 until you get to the end of the building and then enter from the outside. It is called Nad Jour. It does NOT have the voucher system (you pay cash). All meals were 30 baht and can of singha was 45 baht. The advantage of Nad Jour over Magic is that you can sit outside if you are a smoker. It has the most amazing view of the garden (which was totally deserted). For me Nad Jour was the oasis of Bangkok Airport and an even better kept secret than Magic Food court. By the way, the food was "aroy mak".

Love to try it

Can you take luggage in?

When you walk out at level 1 do you turn left or right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So what are the best and most inexpensive choices for a bite and a couple of beers once you have been through the passport control point.

I am assuming that the magic food court and the coupon places are only accessible before you have checked in.

So what are the best and most inexpensive choices for a bite and a couple of beers once you have been through the passport control point.

I am assuming that the magic food court and the coupon places are only accessible before you have checked in.

I think you are out of luck with this one. Better to fill up before you leave for the airport or hit the Magic.

Answered for myself today. It seems Magic is open by 5AM--I think it was closer to 5:30 when I stopped by but there were already people seated with food at that point. Subway in the basement is open very early as well, I am pretty sure it was still before 6 when I went by.

Answered for myself today. It seems Magic is open by 5AM--I think it was closer to 5:30 when I stopped by but there were already people seated with food at that point. Subway in the basement is open very early as well, I am pretty sure it was still before 6 when I went by.

Good to see an update. thumbsup.gif

For me, if travelling economy, I use the pizza slice place on the way to D...and then continue straight on past the information desk to the other side on the right is a shop selling cheap cans of beer. I buy a couple and then park myself at the free internet booth and consume them while annoying you all.

OK, I think I misunderstood one of the above posts and thought it closed around midnight. But I checked it again about 3:30AM and it was packed, coupons definitely available for sale. Did not see haw mok though, which was the only thing I was looking for.