Gateway Down?

Hurricane51

I've been having problems getting out to other countries for the past few days on HTTP protocol. FTP and VoIP are working (for the most part), but http drops. I'll make a connection to Google, start a search, then I get a lot of page not found, etc. Torrent downloads and uploads stop completely. Connections to local sites are unaffected (local ADSL download test and obviously this site).

Anyone else suffering??

I've been having problems getting out to other countries for the past few days on HTTP protocol. FTP and VoIP are working (for the most part), but http drops. I'll make a connection to Google, start a search, then I get a lot of page not found, etc. Torrent downloads and uploads stop completely. Connections to local sites are unaffected (local ADSL download test and obviously this site).

Anyone else suffering??

which isp

A lot of internet traffic has been disrupted recently due to more under-sea cable damage,

I did notice last night, however, that when i rebooted my modem my internet traffic was pretty much back to normal.

Although the issue you described could be a DNS server related problem, you could try over-riding your browsers DNS settings to use something like OpenDNS

Anyone else suffering??

which isp

True

Same here on Phuket. Gave up last night as couldn't connect at all.

Can connect this morning and access email but have been attempting to upload just one small word file for the past five hours! Called TOT to ask if there was yet another problem with Phuket's connection, guy had me run a speed test and told me everything was okay! Well, no it's not, is it :)

I've been calling TOT almost everyday for the past week with one problem or another. Yesterday I could receive email but not send. I use my own mail server ISP in the U.S., they could find no problem.

T.O.T wanted me to check/change all my settings. No reason to as I hadn't changed anything. Late afternoon it was working again. This A.M. I received a call from a T.O.T. tech, "Is it working? Sorry for the inconvenience". No real reason given.

The other reasons given in the past week;

1. Network problem

2. Check my house (they did, found nothing wrong)

3. Problem with Dslam

4. Problem with telephone line somewhere, will fix. (yeah! Right!)

Today had the internet disconnecting about every two minutes for about an hour.

Sad, but it is the only hardwire connection I can get at my home (near Mae Rim, Chiang Mai).

yesterday monday i tried to get cash from 2 atm's each time error see your bank

i phone nationwide in the uk to see if my card had been blocked

she said that gateway is down

your card is ok

my tot connection is fine normal for web pages

but torrents are not registering all though there is a lot of seeders and the download speed is below 30

don't you love thailand