Retirement Extension Maptaput

I thought I'd report on a success.

Extension due on 9 September and I went in a little early.

Usual forms filled in and signed.

TM 7 filled in and signed, photo attached

Copies of passport picture page, visa stamp page and departure card all signed

Pension letter validating more than 65k baht per month (pension letter was dated 28 July 2009)

Bank letter verifying a bank account and copies of the current balance. (no need for the letter and copies but done as proof of working cash on hand)

Presented the paperwork to the staff officer about 0930, was asked for the 1900 baht fee about 10 minutes later and went to see the final officer about 15 minutes after that. I had no questions asked of me by anyone. The last officer asked for a signature near my photo on the TM 7. We spoke briefly for a minute about the need for the bank letter and she confirmed to me if the pension letter shows an income of more than 65k no bank documents are needed. I said thank you very much and was out of the office just after 1000 with my stamp good for another year 10 September 2010.

This is my second extension at Maptaput and 5th total. All extensions have been easy and this was by far the fastest.

Well done.

What sort of pension letter was required? From whom etc.?

I thought I'd report on a success.

Extension due on 9 September and I went in a little early.

Usual forms filled in and signed.

TM 7 filled in and signed, photo attached

Copies of passport picture page, visa stamp page and departure card all signed

Pension letter validating more than 65k baht per month (pension letter was dated 28 July 2009)

Bank letter verifying a bank account and copies of the current balance. (no need for the letter and copies but done as proof of working cash on hand)

Presented the paperwork to the staff officer about 0930, was asked for the 1900 baht fee about 10 minutes later and went to see the final officer about 15 minutes after that. I had no questions asked of me by anyone. The last officer asked for a signature near my photo on the TM 7. We spoke briefly for a minute about the need for the bank letter and she confirmed to me if the pension letter shows an income of more than 65k no bank documents are needed. I said thank you very much and was out of the office just after 1000 with my stamp good for another year 10 September 2010.

This is my second extension at Maptaput and 5th total. All extensions have been easy and this was by far the fastest.

The "pension letter" in my case is a signed and sworn to affidavit from the US Embassy that states what my monthly income is in US dollars. The consulate officer asks if the stated information is true and correct under penalty of perjury and he then notarizes and signs the document.

The US Embassy has a fill in the blank form for this purpose. They do not ask for any proof of the stated income or the source. The cost to notarize this affidavit is 30 USD or 1020 baht

At Maptaput the Thai immigration officer at the time of application for the extension examines this document. Calculates the dollar/baht amount is over the 65k per month figure and that's it. They can ask for further proof of income if they choose. In my case for the 5 extensions over the years no questions were ever asked beyond the pension letter.