Carryboy Showroom/installation

mnbcm

Hi,

Before you decide on your hardtop take a look at the Alpha version (also made in Thailand).

it has a lot more features, more style and has a solid fibreglass rear door frame.

I had a Carryboy on my last vehicle (a Vigo) and it leaked like a sieve.

The last straw was having to replace the broken rear glass 2 times as there is no support/backing for it, so I changed it for an Alpha, which was much better.

The leaking also stopped because the Alpha has a water drain on the side.

Hope that this helps.

Best regards,

Tiger.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

Hi,

Before you decide on your hardtop take a look at the Alpha version (also made in Thailand).

it has a lot more features, more style and has a solid fibreglass rear door frame.

The last straw was having to replace the broken rear glass 2 times as there is no support/backing for it, so I changed it for an Alpha, which was much better.

Hope that this helps.

Best regards,

Tiger.

I hadn't noticed those around. Any idea what the price comparison is between similar carryboy and alpha models? Where are they installed in Chiang Mai?

Here's a link to Alpha for anyone else looking around http://www.alphainnovation.com/index.html

Hi,

Hope that this helps.

Best regards,

Tiger.

I hadn't noticed those around. Any idea what the price comparison is between similar carryboy and alpha models? Where are they installed in Chiang Mai?

Here's a link to Alpha for anyone else looking around http://www.alphainnovation.com/index.html

PBS adjacent to Tesco Lotus, excellent service, polite efficient and warranty thier work. 2 thumbs up

I don't know where the Alpha dealer is in Chang Mai, sorry.

the Alpha cost about 2,000 bhat more than the Carryboy but after replacing the second glass it would have been cheaper to have bought the Alpha in the first place.

I also looked at Sammitr when when buying but found that they do rust (despite their ad campaign saying otherwise), which is why they do not sell very well in Europe.

Everyone has their own taste so the hardtop should be to your liking but i would suggest that you look at all 3 of the big brands and compare what you are getting for your buck.

Go to their local dealers and have a good look over the hardtop, have a play around with the opening and closing of the rear doors windows, etc.

Don't beleive everything that the salesman tells you (the Sammitr dealer told me that Carryboy had closed down and could no longer service the hardtop and that was 4 years ago).

As i have mentioned my second hardtop was the Alpha and the things that impressed me the most were the following (details lifted off their website):

1. The reinforced fiberglass tailgate frame (no more broken glass)

2. Lateral drain (at least my kit now stays dry)

3. The wing lock's stainless steel locking system (this is a major one for me as the door opens and closes smoother and easier than the other hardtops)

Also the design of this lock means that the rear does not vibrate when you are driving.

4. Rear exterior modern style handle (i found that the handle on the Carryboy was too small and kept on trapping my Farang fingers, whereas the Alpha version didn't).

Also i preferred the style of the Alpha.

Anyway, whichever you choose is up to your personal preferences and needs.

Just give us a report on how you get on when you have the hardtop so that other members can use this as a reference.

Best regards,

Tiger.

Edited by tonytigerbkk