One Year Non-imm B And Dbl Tourist Visa

Hi,

I need some help please.

I need a double entry tourist visa and my boyfriend a Non-Imm B one year (he works here in Thailand with work permit).

We don't know which is the best place to apply.

The last two times we went to Vientiane, but they said they can give only 3 months Non-Imm B. (We had all papers for one year - they said not because our application, but they give only 3 months.)

Maybe KL would be good for non Imm B, but we read here they give only single entry visa. And on they website I read for tourist visa application need hotel booking. Is it right? They ask for it really?

(This will be my 3rd tourist visa, I have one from Kota Bharu, one from Vientiane.)

So, somebody can recommend a place, where we can get both visa?

Thanks.

He can get a multiple entry visa in KL if he has at least 9 months remaining on his workpermit. He will need that plus all the company documents.

You can get a single entry tourist visa there without a problem. No hotel or onward tickets needed.

You can find more info from reports posted here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

Edited by ubonjoe

You will not find any two consulates or embassies that go by exactly the same rules. KL is the only place nearby that regularly does multiple entry visas of any type.

He could try and get the work permit extended.

But since you both need visas I suggest you try the consulate in Perth Australia. He could get his and you could get a multiple entry non o visa there also so that you don't have to keep getting tourist visas. There is a report at the link I gave you before for Perth giving visas to visit family and friends.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

we just come back from KL (we chose it only becuse near to us - one direct flight), and we have good experience :)

• they gave 1 year multiple-entry non-immigrant B - 550 RM
  • double entry tourist visa - free

details:

my boyfriend applied for 3 months non-imm B, but officer asked why not 1 year? she said is possible...

(his work permit valid until April 2010 only)

i asked if double entry visa is available

firstly she did not answer, but asked for my air tickets (nothing else)

from Thailand I had only confirmed booking, not paid - and it was enough

finally she said OK and next day I got my double entry tourist visa

apply for visa: 9:30-11:30, we arrived 9:33 and get 50th number and waited more than one hour (on Tuesday)

collect the visa: next working day 14:30-16:30, no number, only queue but very quick

Ubonjoe! Thanks again for your answers.

Thank your for your report, 2007nomad. This is the first report I have seen of getting a double-entry tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur.

--

Maestro

Dear TV Forum Members,

Here is a report on my non-immigrant, multi-entry ‘b’ visa run to KL.

I left on 14/9/09 and returned on 16/9/09. This is the third year in row that I have been there for this specific purpose. I’d rather go to Penang, but my company only has 2 million Baht in registered capital. Penang requires 8 million, but the relevant documentation needed is the same. I already have a work permit, but not 4 employees.

Here are the docs needed:

• Passport w/ validity not less than 6 months.

• Completed application form.

• Recent passport-sized photograph (1)

• Company letter to facilitate the need of this type of visa

• Employment contract

• Copies of all pages of my work permit

• Business registration and business license

• List of shareholders

• Company profile & details of business operation: articles of association

• Map of the company’s location

• Balance sheet, statement of income tax and business tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year

• VAT registration (Por Por 20)

You have to sign each page of all docs submitted.

Apply for your visa and turn in the docs from 9:30-11:30 and pick it up the next day from 14:30-16:30. The cost for the visa is 5,500 Baht. Even though I came early, there was already a que.

I flew Air Asia (AA) (roundtrip, of course & booked it on-line) for approximately 5,200 Baht, leaving at 7 am, to avoid Bangkok traffic. Good move. AA are what they are: no frills. If I weren’t on a budget, I’d fly another carrier, as they land in the LCCT (low cost carrier terminal) at KLIA (kuala lumpur international airport), which is separate from the other terminals and they are almost always late.

You then have to get from KLIA to KL Sentral (transport hub) which takes you into the city center. You can jump on a bus as you exit KLIA for about 80-90 Baht. The touts are there to direct you and take your money. It takes about an hour. Or you can upgrade to the KL Ekpres train, which is cleaner, cooler (style- & comfort-wise) and more civilized for about 340 Baht. It takes about 30 minutes. In any case, you will then be dropped off near the KL Monorail system, which is about a 5-10 minute walk. There used to be a relatively straight shot to the monorail, but there is some construction work going on and you are now diverted to the left and around it, but it’s no big hassle.

I stayed at Tune Hotel (for the third time), which is related to Air Asia in some way, shape or form. I booked a room (on-line again) with a queen-sized bed for about 1,300 Baht, 650 per night. Again, they are no frills. They pride themselves on a great bed and a great shower. They deliver on this.

In the lobby, there is a convenience store that sells all the basics, including beer, an unlce john’s kopitiam (coffee shop), a subway sandwich shop and an Internet café (hotel guests only, 30 minutes’ time, as a courtesy to others). Whether you book on-line or not, there are add-ons such as A/C and wireless Internet service (both for 12-24 hour increments). The rooms are very small (10-15 sq. m.), but clean. There is a floor towel, a safe, toilet paper and hangers in the room, but you have to provide everything else. You can buy a kit at the counter which includes soap, shampoo, shower gel and a towel (minimal cost & deposit for the key card and towel is also minimal). The types of guest you will encounter are small groups of young backpackers, other single budget travelers and locals visiting the capital. The staff are efficient, helpful/knowledgeable and speak English. Directly outside the hotel’s door to the right is a large city map too. You can catch a taxi to the Thai embassy (located on Jalan Ampang) near the hotel’s intersection. The typical taxi is an old beater box Proton model and the meter starts at 30 Baht. The trip to the embassy costs about 60-80 Baht, depending on traffic. Or you opt for the executive taxis, which are double the rate, but more modern and cleaner. As is always the case, you get what you pay for.

I converted everything into Baht by multiplying by 10, so if it’s 10 RM, then it’s approximately 100 Baht.

Hope this helps.

Regards/JF (American)

Thank your for your report, 2007nomad. This is the first report I have seen of getting a double-entry tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur.

--

Maestro

Dear TV Forum Members,

Here is a report on my non-immigrant, multi-entry 'b' visa run to KL.

I left on 14/9/09 and returned on 16/9/09. This is the third year in row that I have been there for this specific purpose. I'd rather go to Penang, but my company only has 2 million Baht in registered capital. Penang requires 8 million, but the relevant documentation needed is the same. I already have a work permit, but not 4 employees.

Here are the docs needed:

• Passport w/ validity not less than 6 months.

• Completed application form.

• Recent passport-sized photograph (1)

• Company letter to facilitate the need of this type of visa

• Employment contract

• Copies of all pages of my work permit

• Business registration and business license

• List of shareholders

• Company profile & details of business operation: articles of association

• Map of the company's location

• Balance sheet, statement of income tax and business tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year

• VAT registration (Por Por 20)

You have to sign each page of all docs submitted.

Apply for your visa and turn in the docs from 9:30-11:30 and pick it up the next day from 14:30-16:30. The cost for the visa is 5,500 Baht. Even though I came early, there was already a que.

I flew Air Asia (AA) (roundtrip, of course & booked it on-line) for approximately 5,200 Baht, leaving at 7 am, to avoid Bangkok traffic. Good move. AA are what they are: no frills. If I weren't on a budget, I'd fly another carrier, as they land in the LCCT (low cost carrier terminal) at KLIA (kuala lumpur international airport), which is separate from the other terminals and they are almost always late.

You then have to get from KLIA to KL Sentral (transport hub) which takes you into the city center. You can jump on a bus as you exit KLIA for about 80-90 Baht. The touts are there to direct you and take your money. It takes about an hour. Or you can upgrade to the KL Ekpres train, which is cleaner, cooler (style- & comfort-wise) and more civilized for about 340 Baht. It takes about 30 minutes. In any case, you will then be dropped off near the KL Monorail system, which is about a 5-10 minute walk. There used to be a relatively straight shot to the monorail, but there is some construction work going on and you are now diverted to the left and around it, but it's no big hassle.

I stayed at Tune Hotel (for the third time), which is related to Air Asia in some way, shape or form. I booked a room (on-line again) with a queen-sized bed for about 1,300 Baht, 650 per night. Again, they are no frills. They pride themselves on a great bed and a great shower. They deliver on this.

In the lobby, there is a convenience store that sells all the basics, including beer, an unlce john's kopitiam (coffee shop), a subway sandwich shop and an Internet café (hotel guests only, 30 minutes' time, as a courtesy to others). Whether you book on-line or not, there are add-ons such as A/C and wireless Internet service (both for 12-24 hour increments). The rooms are very small (10-15 sq. m.), but clean. There is a floor towel, a safe, toilet paper and hangers in the room, but you have to provide everything else. You can buy a kit at the counter which includes soap, shampoo, shower gel and a towel (minimal cost & deposit for the key card and towel is also minimal). The types of guest you will encounter are small groups of young backpackers, other single budget travelers and locals visiting the capital. The staff are efficient, helpful/knowledgeable and speak English. Directly outside the hotel's door to the right is a large city map too. You can catch a taxi to the Thai embassy (located on Jalan Ampang) near the hotel's intersection. The typical taxi is an old beater box Proton model and the meter starts at 30 Baht. The trip to the embassy costs about 60-80 Baht, depending on traffic. Or you opt for the executive taxis, which are double the rate, but more modern and cleaner. As is always the case, you get what you pay for.

I converted everything into Baht by multiplying by 10, so if it's 10 RM, then it's approximately 100 Baht.

Hope this helps.

Regards/JF (American)

Hi all,

very helpful post by the way especially about the hotel and requirements for the visa...

Just a few questions I hope someone can clarify for me.

I'm about to leave for KL tonight to apply for a 1 year Non B multiple entry visa. I have the company papers and letters etc in order but as I havent actually started working for the company yet and dont have WP do you think they will they issue a 1 year visa or not??

I think the company has over 5 million baht registered capital...

If not will they tell me at the embassy or just take my 550 RM and after tell me I can only get a 3 month visa...

Cheers

Hi all,

very helpful post by the way especially about the hotel and requirements for the visa...

I'm about to leave for KL tonight to apply for a 1 year Non B multiple entry visa. I have the company papers and letters etc in order but as I havent actually started working for the company yet and dont have WP do you think they will they issue a 1 year visa or not??

If not will they tell me at the embassy or just take my 550 RM and after tell me I can only get a 3 month visa...

Cheers

No, you will not get 1-year without WP.

With a WP3 (receipt that you have applied for WP) you will get 3-months single entry

Hi all,

Cheers

Without a work permit you will not get a multiple entry Non-B visa. Without Form WP3 (receipt for application for work permit) from the Labour department you will not even get a single entry Non-B visa in the region. Therefore in terms of process:

1) Your employer needs to present the appropriate application papers to the Labour Department for your work permit to obtain Form WP3

2) Once you have obtained Form WP3 you can apply for your Non-B visa at a neighbouring embassy/consulate (you will need full company paperwork from your employer). KL is a good choice.

3) Once you have your Non-B visa you have to show this to the Labour Department before they will handover your work permit.

I'm in KL at the moment.

Is it still straightforward to get a double entry tourist visa? Is it still free? (Although I don't mind if it's not).

I haven't bought an air ticket yet. Do I need to present them with a return/outbound-from-Thailand ticket? Or is it ok just to book one leg of the journey for now?

I've had another tourist visa earlier this year. I've just been back to the UK, so I will have been away from Thailand for a couple of months - and my previous stays in Thailand have always been punctuated by travels to other places. But could I get caught up by the crackdown on back-to-back tourist visas?

• 4 weeks later...
Any more news on the KL double entry?

I am going there tomorrow and hope to get a double entry visa. I have no ticket from Thailand to somewhere else, just a flight into Thailand.

I will post tomorrow, or day after tomorrow what happened...

Single entry only at KL. Vientianne is the place to go for double entry tourist visa in the region (and currently free).

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Cheers

Without a work permit you will not get a multiple entry Non-B visa. Without Form WP3 (receipt for application for work permit) from the Labour department you will not even get a single entry Non-B visa in the region. Therefore in terms of process:

1) Your employer needs to present the appropriate application papers to the Labour Department for your work permit to obtain Form WP3

2) Once you have obtained Form WP3 you can apply for your Non-B visa at a neighbouring embassy/consulate (you will need full company paperwork from your employer). KL is a good choice.

3) Once you have your Non-B visa you have to show this to the Labour Department before they will handover your work permit.

I hope somebody can help me understand what I can do...I have a 1 yr Multi B..ends on Jan 17th. I have a WP that ends on March 31, but I can't get an extension on my visa, because I don't have a TL from the MOE. I have heard there is a waiver (temp TL from MOE) and not sure my Gov school is capable of understanding how to get it. Can I go out of the country to a Thai embassy and with my WP and all the docs given to me for the extension (minus TL), get another 1 yr Multi B visa

I hope somebody can help me understand what I can do...I have a 1 yr Multi B..ends on Jan 17th. I have a WP that ends on March 31, but I can't get an extension on my visa, because I don't have a TL from the MOE. I have heard there is a waiver (temp TL from MOE) and not sure my Gov school is capable of understanding how to get it. Can I go out of the country to a Thai embassy and with my WP and all the docs given to me for the extension (minus TL), get another 1 yr Multi B visa

The school basicly just has to write a leter to the teachers council and in about 2 to 3 weeks they will get a waiver for you, for 2 years. More information in the teaching section. it is a very simple proces, if the school doesn't know they can ask the regional education commission for help or just call the teachers council. Getting a new non-B will be a lot more work.

Note that not all immigration offices require the TL for an extension.

With the correct papers you will get a new non-B and it is my understanding that labour doesn't need to see a TL. But if you go this road, try to extend your WP first.

"KL only issues single entry tourist visas."

Apparently there are exceptions. See post number 5.

-----

Re: temporary TL.

"The school basicly just has to write a leter to the teachers council and in about 2 to 3 weeks they will get a waiver for you, for 2 years."

My schools office staff went in person and got the temp TL's the same day.

• 2 months later...

I would like confirm 2 and 3 entries tourist visas are available in KL. Usually you have to prove you need double or triple entries.

Our friends got their visas at end of December, they showed their tickets (leave Thailand 2/3 times). - None of them tried yet but if you haven’t tickets hotel booking is good too. -

• 3 months later...

Im heading to KL next week, i have a work permit although expired 8 weeks ago as my lawyer never renewed it, i am wondering if i will still be able to obtain a 1 year non IMM "B" or only a 3 month? i have all cmopany papers, VAT registration, shareholders, i have all documents needed even ahve my work permit although the permits validity expired in febuary i think....i hope someone can help me with some info on this so i dont make a wasted trip.

thanks in advance

Within the region the consulate will need to see either WP or Form WP3 receipt as part of the visa application papers. Will be single entry Non-B visa first time around without WP, but can obtain multiple entry visa later when work permit is available (or alternatively obtain extension of stay based on employment from Thai immigration if you meet the requirements).

I have my work permit i just havent renewed it, i can take my actual work permit with me to show the consulate is this enough? i had the work permit issued for a period of 3 months at the beginning of year and it expired and i havent had it renewed yet, but i still have a physical work permit, just needs updating...and my lawyer said he will update it when i ahve obtained my new visa....

Your WP is out of date and is invalid. You cannot extend an out of date WP; you will need to start the process of applying for a new WP again. And then take Form WP3 receipt and company documents to the consulate when applying for new Non-B visa. The documents required by the consulate for Non-B visa within the region are listed here. Once you have your Non-B visa from the consulate you will need to go back to the labour office showing them your visa for your WP to be issued.

Within the region at the moment for you the answer is yes. With single entry Non-B you can obtain multiple entry next time round at KL with at least 8 months remaining on WP, or Penang will issue next time too but additionally require company registered share capital to be at least 8 million baht. Or apply for extension of stay at Thai immigration on the basis of employment, if meet the requirements.

Outside the region the nearest consulate that will issue multiple entry Non-B visa with no WP is Perth, against sight of company documents, work contract and letter from company requesting issue of multiple entry visa.

http://thaiconsulatewa.org.au/visa_detail....visa_list_id=41

With a WP3 (receipt that you have applied for WP) you will get 3-months single entry

I only had a WP3 Receipt as i am not in thailand, and Hull gave me a 1 year non B Visa ?

I only had a WP3 Receipt as i am not in thailand, and Hull gave me a 1 year non B Visa ?

Those comments were made by PoorSucker in specific relation to the consulate at KL, and he is correct.

The requirements for visa issue outside the region are more relaxed than within. Hull will issue multiple entry Non-B visa against simple letter of intent. Within the region KL will issue multiple entry Non-B visa against company documents and WP with at least 8 months remaining. Penang will issue too, but additionally require the company to have registered share capital of at least 8 million baht.

sorry if this sounds stupid but i dont quite understand the whole thing, when i said my work permit was expired i just mean the page that has the details of my employer says

name of employer -

type of activity -

address of company -

Period at date = 21 july 2009

valid until = 20 jan 2010

with a stamp and signature

The actual work permit booklet itself was first issued on 21st july 2009....the above details are the first and only entry into the booklet...

does this mean the whole booklet is expired even though ive only had it for a short period of time?

obtaining a WP3 receipt would mean applying for a new work permit booklet even though i have a near new one here?

sorry for all the questions this stuff goes over my head.