Farang Are Made Up 50% In Hua Hin Or What

Anek18

we,ve just got back from huahin out there looking for property.packed with farrangs never seen so many there before to many for my liking.housing estates we looked at where just that like back home only painted white no room to swing a cat in any we looked at.found a place about a twenty minute drive further south 3bedroom small pool 200 talang rai(800 sq metres)3million baht.nice and quiet a deserted beach not to far away.high security wall.security on the estates is a joke and you have to pay for the service.the develpers on these estates must be laughing all the way to the bank.

The sudden popularity of Hua Hin has to be attributed to events further south making people change their holiday plans, cancel their Phuket trip, and come to Hua Hin instead. It is unusually busy here for this time of year.

As for more farangs than Thai's - you should try coming here on a long weekend when the entire Benz driving population of Bangkok descends on Hua Hin turning the town into utter chaos! :o

I heard that Khao Yai has gained popularity among the Thais - may be the "new Hua Hin" for long weekends.

I've built a house that borders Khao Yai and my brother-in-law says that most of the houses in the development belong to Bangkok folks who come up for weekends. My original position was that I wanted to live in/near Chaing Mai but after reading the threads on their air quality problems, it looks like we made a good choice. I just hope Khao Yai doesn't get TOO popular! :o

• 2 weeks later...
I was in Islington yesterday and the place was full of Thais!

Where oh where does one go to get a true English experience...........

Probably more and more for a few weeks too. March/April and early May are months when Thai families traditionally frequent Hau hin either on extended vacation of just for the weekend. Last time I went to HH on a long weekend, it took us 6 hours to get back to Bkk...