August 20, 200917 yr A friend with a Retirement Visa is about to purchase a car. He has been told that he has to have a Work permit to register the car. I am sure that this is incorrect as I know many people on a Retirement Vehicle who have purchased a car. Advice appreciated. Bapak
August 20, 200917 yr A friend with a Retirement Visa is about to purchase a car. He has been told that he has to have a Work permit to register the car. I am sure that this is incorrect as I know many people on a Retirement Vehicle who have purchased a car.Advice appreciated. Bapak No you don't need a work permit. You will need a certificate of residence from your local immigration office, which they will give you on a tourist visa with proof of address - a rental contract is sufficient.
August 20, 200917 yr Author A friend with a Retirement Visa is about to purchase a car. He has been told that he has to have a Work permit to register the car. I am sure that this is incorrect as I know many people on a Retirement Vehicle who have purchased a car.Advice appreciated. Bapak Error: Retirement Vehicle should be Retirement Visa
August 20, 200917 yr Little knowledge is dangerous, whoever told him that should think before spouting rubbish, all you need is CASH and proof of address,( and about 3 hours to do the paperwork ) can even be a hotel and a car can be obtained on a 1 month tourist visa, i have personally done it,.more than once Edited August 20, 200917 yr by SMEEERE
August 20, 200917 yr A friend with a Retirement Visa is about to purchase a car. He has been told that he has to have a Work permit to register the car. I am sure that this is incorrect as I know many people on a Retirement Vehicle who have purchased a car.Advice appreciated. Bapak Error: Retirement Vehicle should be Retirement Visa retirement vehicle ? whats that ?, one you dont use, or is it one that wont go over 50 Edited August 20, 200917 yr by SMEEERE
August 20, 200917 yr Little knowledge is dangerous, whoever told him that should think before spouting rubbish, all you need is CASH and proof of address,( and about 3 hours to do the paperwork ) can even be a hotel and a car can be obtained on a 1 month tourist visa, i have personally done it,.more than once second that. I have reg in my name more than 20 vehicles in 6,5 years on entrystamp or touristvisa. but if you bring a gf to the showroom, they may make up a story about how impossible it is for farang to own a vehicle
August 20, 200917 yr When I bought my car the dealer accepted my proof of address as my now wife (at the time she was my landlady) just photocopying the tabian ban book, writing on it that I lived there and me and her signing it along with photocopies of my passport and visa page.
August 20, 200917 yr A friend with a Retirement Visa is about to purchase a car. He has been told that he has to have a Work permit to register the car. I am sure that this is incorrect as I know many people on a Retirement Vehicle who have purchased a car.Advice appreciated. Bapak No you don't need a work permit. You will need a certificate of residence from your local immigration office, which they will give you on a tourist visa with proof of address - a rental contract is sufficient. Didn't they stop issuing residence certificates at the immigration offices? Or was that urban legend? Anyone try it in the last 2 weeks?
August 21, 200917 yr A friend with a Retirement Visa is about to purchase a car. He has been told that he has to have a Work permit to register the car. I am sure that this is incorrect as I know many people on a Retirement Vehicle who have purchased a car.Advice appreciated. Bapak No you don't need a work permit. You will need a certificate of residence from your local immigration office, which they will give you on a tourist visa with proof of address - a rental contract is sufficient. Didn't they stop issuing residence certificates at the immigration offices? Or was that urban legend? Anyone try it in the last 2 weeks? A week ago Phuket Immigration stopped issuing the previous certificate of residence with photo, to be used only as original, one for each vehicle. 2 days ago they issued me a proof of adress attached to passport valid as long as my permit to stay, and each vehicle reg only needs a copy of this. simplified Dont know yet if this is Phuket only or every immigration
September 7, 200917 yr Same question, but in reverse,,wouuld a work permit suffice instead of the residency document? I've seen differing posts on this one.Thx in advance
September 7, 200917 yr Same question, but in reverse,,wouuld a work permit suffice instead of the residency document? I've seen differing posts on this one.Thx in advance Some Provinces DMV reqire residency document or yellow tabien baan, some are happy with just workpermit. Some require original passport to be brought to DMV to be compared with copies, some dont. Guess you just have to check with the dealer where you live. But since the residency document is free at immigration, why not just spend 15 minutes there and get it?
September 8, 200917 yr Same question, but in reverse,,wouuld a work permit suffice instead of the residency document? I've seen differing posts on this one.Thx in advance Pattaya accepts WP as proof of address, no immigration letter needed. Expect DMV centers in area's with many working expats (Eastern Seaboard, Bkk etc) to accept the WP.
Create an account or sign in to comment