The New Avenue Night Market

cali4995

there are some things about "the avenue" that i've come to appreciate, this new night market thing at night

does add a little color? it's reasonably civilized? the major cinema is easy to access, mcdonalds has a breakfast

menu, well, theres a 24 hr diner inside the villa but the service is always love/hate depending on the day the

one thing i can't figure out is why you build a multi-billion dollar mall and then keep all the bathrooms closed?

what is the deal with that? at times there is maybe (1) open and it's filthy? does it save money keeping all the

others closed? do thai homeless people sleep in there? does this force you on a treasure hunt all over the mall

grounds looking for the (1) bathroom that might be open? i'm old, ihave a small bladder it's just cruel isn't it? :)

I quite like the avenue, don't see what everyones problem is... except most people round here have nothing else to do but complain.

have to admit though, it's not really wheelchair accessible...

I quite like Villa Market but I find rest of it is a bit of a turn off. I spend a lot of time in Central because it is air conditioned (and I even bought something once!!) but with the Avenue being exposed to the elements as it is makes it either too hot or too wet for me. As a parallel, I went to the outlet malls at the top of Theprasit yesterday, mall No 2 is all outside and very hot, I popped in a couple of shops but soon got fed up with cooking every time I went outside so bought nothing. Went round the corner to mall No 1, all under one roof and air-conned spent a good hour walking around inside and bought a few shirts. Air-con rules!! :)

They would have better build that in Jomtien. There is no real Shopping Mall down there. Only halfway decent possibility to shop is the overprized 24 hour market outside VT1 (if you want Farang Stuff). However there are living a lot of Expats and we do have our fair share of Tourists in Jomtien.

there certainly are some advantages to smaller and user-friendly. went to see "inglorious basterds" yesterday and got the discount

80 baht price. did not realize quentin tarentino directed that? he certainly has an engaging style and it was, surprisingly a very interesting

picture and i can't remember the last time i even said that? maybe it's the historical era, at least the MAJOR does give some discounts.

theres a 24 hr diner inside the villa but the service is always love/hate depending

I had to laugh when I read your comment about this diner. I eat there often because it's convenient and open 24/7 but the service is abysmal. There's a couple of hardened lesbians working in there with the worst possible attitude and it must have seriously affected their business over the last 2 years.

i never could figure out what the problem was? i'd go over there in the morning for breakfast, 8-9am, pick-up

a paper on my way thinking, this will be nice a decent sit-down diner meal and you just don't know what to

expect? smiles and normal service or surly attitudes and kept waiting 15 minutes to order? but that's the deal

with every other business in town, if they don't have a MAMASAN type manager there keeping them from

slacking off they just do whatever they want including running customers off with sh_tty service? hey, this isn't

unique to thailand, when i was a kid i worked customer service jobs? everywhere in the world poeple are the

same some nice, some difficult , some impossible. just deciding that you're going to act like an a_s to farangs

that come in to eat is a sorry excuse for being lazy. and it's like that all over this town. businesses close every

month here for no other reason than poor staff. good location, good concept but poor staff and they close. :)