Krabi - Richie Collins

Whats tsunamis got to do with it?

Although Thais are mostly very friendly, my Thai wife is always warning me to be careful. I think you have to be fairly defensive about your safety in Thailand, a little like defensive driving... Minimise the risks and keep your wits about you and you should be ok.

Jealous Thai women can also be as unpredictable too.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here had their ganderparts hacked off by a deranged Thai bint after finding a molecule of red lipstick on your collar? (Apart from 'Tax Exile')

If you have, put it in a glass of milk to keep it vital, before you go to hospital, then it can be sewn back.

No, hang on..... thats what you do if you get a tooth knocked out.

IT SEEMS  THAT  THE BRITS DONT RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES WOMEN!

Typically septic!

When ever ive come across these Arsholes in a foriegn land the last thing they are doing is giving out respect!!!

But they are always the first to accuse the english/brits of disrespect!!

If there is a species that sticks its neck out to far to realise the full consquence,it is the septic...

According to the Widnes Chronicle, a rabid Yorkshire terrier bit off one (and only one) of Tax Exile's goolies in 1977, during a long innings by Geoffrey Boycott.

I'm surprised he hasn't written a very long topic-opener about his walnuts.

yes I received the same report that u did like any other one that is signed up to this forum. the user who posted it is Darknight. use thaivisa forum to find his email. hopefully you should be able to get some info from him.

According to the Widnes Chronicle, a rabid Yorkshire terrier bit off one (and only one) of Tax Exile's goolies in 1977, during a long innings by Geoffrey Boycott.

I'm surprised he hasn't written a very long topic-opener about his walnuts.

titter ye not.

I think we are digressing.

Richie did not deserve to be iced - but something along the de-cobbling lines on page 3 would have been poetic justice - possibly too elegant for a coarse Thai knife-man.

Yet for a roving eye, severing his testicles ('ex-ticles'?) would be far too severe. A punch on the hooter would suffice.

Was he caught rogering the cabbie's girl? In flagrante delicto.

Edited by The_Eye_Of_Sauron

I think we are digressing.

Richie did not deserve to be iced - but something along the de-cobbling lines on page 3 would have been poetic justice - possibly too elegant for a coarse Thai knife-man.

Yet for a roving eye, severing his testicles ('ex-ticles'?) would be far too severe. A punch on the hooter would suffice.

Was he caught rogering the cabbie's girl? In flagrante delicto.

Well we can`t summise that he was caught in the act of doing anything...poor guy was said to have been murdered through jealousy.....maybe it was just an excuse put forward by the Thai to cover up a real motive....no doubt time will tell..

quote from RAFAELROD: "IT SEEMS  THAT  THE BRITS DONT RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES WOMEN!"

And what nationality are you Rafaelrod? Italian, Spanish, you got the balls to tell me?

And what does the 'rod' refer to in your name, p***k?

Thais will stay outwardly calm right up to the point where they start going beserk

The 'Jai Yen' of Thais is a social convention in the absence of which they may become very angry indeed.

Jai Yen has been likened to the cool icy aloofness of British - but its inaccurate - because behind a Pommy's icy carapace they can warm up and be friendly. Behind the Thai's 'jai yen' there sometimes lurks real rage.

Thais are also very "hungh" (meaning 'jealous in matters of love") - they even have this special word for it. Not just 'it-cha" meaning normal jealous.

Hi Moog,

You have a good handle on Thai culture that is lacking in some of the other replies.

Krabi, a popular tourist spot along Thailand's southern coast, was among six provinces badly hit by the deadly Asian tsunami on Dec. 26.

I am very sorry what happen to Richie Collins and as a Thai I am much ashamed. My condolences to Richies family. Please don't take it wrong but I have to mention it again and again ... Krabi itself was absolutely not hard hit by the Tsunami, Phi Phi Island - yes. But Phi Phi Island is belong to Krabi province and the medias just take it wrong to put everything in one pot and saying whole Krabi is totally destroyed. This information is absolutely misleading. Famous Krabi destinations like Ao Nang or Klong Muang Beach where absolutely not affected.

Stelllaaaaaa!

As a farang, I know what it is like to be frowned at for pantomiming something thanks to lack of Thai vocabulary and appearing overly dramatic. Thais like to appear very laid back, and often explode either behind your back or in the way we see here. But if you think about it, at least in most urban areas of the US, people are always "over reacting" about the smallest things, and definitely about the "face" of having one's girlfriend "hit on" by another man. I don't know the details, but I'm not surprised, given human nature, to hear about something like this here.

Nevertheless, I'm sad to hear of someone becoming the vicitm of rage like this. It sounds like he was a really nice guy who didn't deserve this.

It doesn't help that farangs are often magnets for Thai women, attached or not.

I guess it's another reason why one needs to be careful in relations with Thai women.

My commiserations to his family and friends! Let us hope that the matter is dealt with in a transparent and fair manner.

seems like everyone is taking the taxi drivers story as gospel truth . maybe there was an argument over money or some other misunderstanding that we dont know about .

whatever way you look at it too many farangs are being carelessly butchered without anyone being too concerned and not serving a long jail term or execution.

its another victim for the murdered farangs long long database of those that went home in a coffin .

how many cases is that still outstanding waiting for a conclusion .

?

Unfortunately, that's what it sounds like in court too... as the murderer is a lot more vocal than the deceased.

Taxi drivers are often the peons of this society. Both locals and falangs are often guilty of this treatment. *some cabbies deserve it of course... but many are just regular fellows without an education, opportunities, work ethic, whatever.* If you step on someone enough, they are eventually going to go over the edge.

Had a little fender bender with a taxi right in front on Central Chidlom once (his fault). I got out, said "insurance is on the way", took a photo of the damage, his license plates, and the driver (since we can't have him driving away), and had a Starbucks to kill time (after the friendly Central parking people spray painted the tire markers). In hindsight, it wasn't a very nice thing to do (taking a photo of the cabbie). That could have been the last straw that might have caused him to blowup at some passenger, tourist, or innocent bystander that same evening.

:-|

Thais will stay outwardly calm right up to the point where they start going beserk

The 'Jai Yen' of Thais is a social convention in the absence of which they may become very angry indeed.

Jai Yen has been likened to the cool icy aloofness of British - but its inaccurate - because behind a Pommy's icy carapace they can warm up and be friendly. Behind the Thai's 'jai yen' there sometimes lurks real rage.

Thais are also very "hungh" (meaning 'jealous in matters of love") - they even have this special word for it. Not just 'it-cha" meaning normal jealous.

"it-cha" is not jealous it means envious......OK??

Once again the sweet smell of reason. Both in the original article, I feel sorry for his family and as for the responces, well get a life, you almost sound gleeful the guy was killed, re-inforces your beliefs does it?. To the Thai way of anger if the man was living here he should have had some clue. I have been hearing of things like this since my first visit in '73. Of course it is the farang's fault, after all the law and reason is for the other guy in this country made up of 60 million nations.

Edited by sonnyjc7

The OP can be updated with the following information in which there was apparently NO relationship with the murderer's ex-gf. He murdered the Brit for NO reason, other than anger at his OWN failed relationship.

Published on March 10, 2005

A British man was stabbed to death on Tuesday night, allegedly by a jealous taxi driver who believed his girlfriend was leaving him for the foreigner.

Major Jakra Saowakhon, of Krabi’s Muang district police station, said yesterday that Richard Mark Collins, 35, from Hereford, England, was attacked by Uthen Duangnoi, 29, a taxi driver.

Collins died later at the provincial hospital.

Jakra said the taxi driver’s former girlfriend, Sunisa Sirirod, 26, believed Uthen was convinced she was leaving him for Collins.

He said Uthen had confronted her while she was sitting with Collins and another woman in a Krabi restaurant. She had told the taxi driver that their relationship was over, and had insisted that Collins had nothing to do with that decision, nor was he her new boyfriend.

However, the taxi driver had insisted upon talking with Collins and had then attacked him with a knife, Jakra said.

I have just received an unconfirmed report that a friend of mine, Richie Collins, 190cm Brit, has been stabbed to death on the beach.

Can anyone confirm / deny?

He is / was one of the sweetest guys around - absolutely inoffensive.

Please can someone respond?

Yet again a taxi driver, and as sorry as I am for the victim's family, I believe the story of jealousy is bullocks, sorry but there is a lot more to this story, as there always is :o

From Panida - She and Richie were in Krabi, visiting several friends. Richie has been in and around Krabi for a long time, rock-climbing and diving. He has been earning his living in Bangkok, working on the new airport.

The 'taxi-driver's girl-friend' was in fact a friend (ex-girl-friend) of Richie's.

He was probably lightly flirting with her again - he flirted with all the pretty girls, but without any serious intent behind it.

The taxi-driver is not known to Panida. Must be a new boy-friend. Obviously didn't understand that there was nothing happening, produces a knife with an eight-inch blade and stabs Richie twice in the chest. KKnowing Richie, he would not expect an attack - he is / was 6'6" and fit, with hands like a baseball catcher's mitt. But very gentle. Always smiling, always happy. Somewhat irresponsible, but a great guy to be with.

Why is it always the best who go first? I'm a nasty bastard, nearly twice his age, but I don't think anyone would try it on with me.

All the Thai work-force who knew him are devastated. He was the most popular farang on the airport, I reckon.