Stolen Camera.

Spalpeen

the problem with having 50 pawnshops all over town (and that's where this stuff ends up) is that it's somewhat time-consuming trying

to locate your stolen items. By the law the shop is supposed to make a copy of the persons ID card because this type of theft/pawn

occurs numerous times every day here. That being said, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to print off a brochure page with a photo

of the unit and make the rounds yourself. Your only option really, if you're annoyed enough and hope to see it returned/ justice done.

You did not say where you are , there is a shop on Cental pattaya road who sell second hand goods, Also there is a shop in Syborghoues, think thats how you spell it,,

If that is an attempt to spell Soi Buakhao, it is the most creative I have ever seen! :)

Not that my version is more correct but at least it's easier to guess. :D

You did not say where you are , there is a shop on Cental pattaya road who sell second hand goods, Also there is a shop in Syborghoues, think thats how you spell it,,

If that is an attempt to spell Soi Buakhao, it is the most creative I have ever seen! :D

Not that my version is more correct but at least it's easier to guess. :D

I have to admit that you are a creative mind. I was reading Syborghouse a few times and were absolutely clueless. Zybooghouze...could be dutch as well :)

CONSIDER IT A TAMBOON LESSON, IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAIS MEAN :)

You could be right, but there's no harm asking and so far 240 people have read my post. My missus is Thai and if she finds the villain who stole from her handbag in a crowd there'll be a different kind of Thai lesson.

the problem with having 50 pawnshops all over town (and that's where this stuff ends up) is that it's somewhat time-consuming trying

to locate your stolen items. By the law the shop is supposed to make a copy of the persons ID card because this type of theft/pawn

occurs numerous times every day here. That being said, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to print off a brochure page with a photo

of the unit and make the rounds yourself. Your only option really, if you're annoyed enough and hope to see it returned/ justice done.

Yes the camera could easily be in any of the many pawnshops (or camera/photo shops) all over town, but personally I would hold off showing a picture of the camera initially.

Picture this, <sorry>, an owner of a pawnshop/camera shop gets the camera, then within a few days a farang turns up asking for that exact camera, which isn't a more common brand Nikon, Canon, or Fuju, now do you think he'll say yes we have one just come in, or will he be thinking - oh bother... if the police are involved I'll loose the camera, and the money I gave to the person who took it here is probably now all been spent, I'll be the one who looses out. Even though you might come across some honest shop owners, chances are the latter.

If it were me, and I were keen enough to go search out many many shops, I'd probably take a print of several cameras like a shopping list as such (including the stolen one) or brochure, don't go writing serial number and stuff along side it, keep that information in another pocket, go into the shops ask for what cameras they have, then if your camera doesn't show up, consider showing the prints or brochure afterwards.

Best of luck if you choose to go search it out.

If anyone is offered a Sealife DC800 camera for sale, kindly let me know.

If sometihing is stolen, try to look around at the nearest pawnshops around the place of the verdict.

Once, my house was released of its tvs, washing machine, stereo, laptop, videocamera and still-camera.

Within half and hour I found everything back in 2 pawnshops nearby.

Usually the culprit goes for the first pawnshop to cash your property.

If anyone is offered a Sealife DC800 camera for sale, kindly let me know.

If sometihing is stolen, try to look around at the nearest pawnshops around the place of the verdict.

Once, my house was released of its tvs, washing machine, stereo, laptop, videocamera and still-camera.

Within half and hour I found everything back in 2 pawnshops nearby.

Usually the culprit goes for the first pawnshop to cash your property.

Very sound suggestion.