August 20, 200917 yr I took my Thai driving tests a couple of years back for both car and motorbike, upon which I received a one year car license and a one year motorbike license. They both expired in September 2008. I've since lost my car license, but I have the report from my local police station. I still have my expired motorbike license. So my question is; can I just re-apply for these licenses without taking another test? and if so, which documents do I need? I assume I will just get another one year license rather than the five year extension? I'm travelling to the UK soon, can I also get an International drivers permit at the Department of Land Transport? Thanks for anyone's time who replies to this
August 20, 200917 yr Author I took my Thai driving tests a couple of years back for both car and motorbike, upon which I received a one year car license and a one year motorbike license. They both expired in September 2008. I've since lost my car license, but I have the report from my local police station. I still have my expired motorbike license.So my question is; can I just re-apply for these licenses without taking another test? and if so, which documents do I need? I assume I will just get another one year license rather than the five year extension? I'm travelling to the UK soon, can I also get an International drivers permit at the Department of Land Transport? Thanks for anyone's time who replies to this I probably should have read the stickied thread first; What you need is:A recent report (April 2009) says that documents required for first application are: Original passport + 2 copies of visa page and main page; Medical report (any doctor can supply) Address confirmation from immigration + 1 copy; Current International Driving Permit First registration, after that reaction test, colour test, another colour test, after that payment and making pictures. For renewal 1. Expired drivers licenses. 2) A colour test & reaction test on computer is now required for renewal. It is best if you already have an International Driving Permit, otherwise you will have to take a written test and a driving test, in you own vehicle. So basically I will need passport + 2x photocopies, medical report, and address confirmation +1 (does this mean I need to two of these?). I'll also have to retake the colour and reaction tests? I take it I'll just receive a one year again as I didn't renew my previous one before it expired? Also, as asked above, can I obtain an international drivers permit there?
August 22, 200917 yr I took my Thai driving tests a couple of years back for both car and motorbike, upon which I received a one year car license and a one year motorbike license. They both expired in September 2008. I've since lost my car license, but I have the report from my local police station. I still have my expired motorbike license.So my question is; can I just re-apply for these licenses without taking another test? and if so, which documents do I need? I assume I will just get another one year license rather than the five year extension? I'm travelling to the UK soon, can I also get an International drivers permit at the Department of Land Transport? Thanks for anyone's time who replies to this I probably should have read the stickied thread first; What you need is:A recent report (April 2009) says that documents required for first application are: Original passport + 2 copies of visa page and main page; Medical report (any doctor can supply) Address confirmation from immigration + 1 copy; Current International Driving Permit First registration, after that reaction test, colour test, another colour test, after that payment and making pictures. For renewal 1. Expired drivers licenses. 2) A colour test & reaction test on computer is now required for renewal. It is best if you already have an International Driving Permit, otherwise you will have to take a written test and a driving test, in you own vehicle. So basically I will need passport + 2x photocopies, medical report, and address confirmation +1 (does this mean I need to two of these?). I'll also have to retake the colour and reaction tests? I take it I'll just receive a one year again as I didn't renew my previous one before it expired? Also, as asked above, can I obtain an international drivers permit there? Start again.....you will need to do the whole shooting match again if you dont have a foreign DL/IDP.....you will be given a 1 year Thai DL again..... and you cant apply for the the Thai IDP until you have a 5 year DL You are not renewing anything....
August 23, 200917 yr You will have to do all the test's again including driving. As you already had a license it doesn't matter how long it's been expired you will receive a 5 year license. Mine had expired 10 years and they still had details on there computor amazing.
August 31, 200917 yr Author That's crazy, lol. But tit so I shouldn't be too surprised. Thanks for your replies. Edited August 31, 200917 yr by konangrit
Create an account or sign in to comment