Differant Ways To Krabi From Cm Or?

middlepath

Thinking of taking a mini vacation to Karbi or?

Only wish to be gone 4/5 nights.

Could take my motorbike. Just took it to Mai Sai in the rain took forever.

How about a bus?

Any flights there I checked Asiaair but only fly to Bangkok.

Train then bus? or just bus?

How have any of you guys and gals arrived in Karbi from from Chiang Mai?

Also, 1000b or less places to stay that are nice? Never been there before and thought it might me a fun place to go before tourist season begains.

Or, I am open to any other fun Island besides Phuket. I've been to Phuket and enjoyed myself just want to discover some place differant.

Thanks so much.

How about a bus?

Also, 1000b or less places to stay that are nice? Never been there before and thought it might me a fun place to go before tourist season begains.

Or, I am open to any other fun Island besides Phuket. I've been to Phuket and enjoyed myself just want to discover some place differant.

Thanks so much.

i just took an airasia flight to bkk and from there a airasia flight to krabi if you book more than 2 weeks ahead the flights are cheap

rick

My trip years ago, took a train from CM to Trang province, familiarized with the local food (mainly Chinese community). Then took the local bus from Trang province to Ow Nang beach, Krabi, then to many islands. Flew back from Krabi to CM. Excellent trip it was.

How about a bus?

Thanks so much.

Edited by Maccheroncini

THAI AIRWAYS does CNX - HKT nonstop once a day, flight TG 129 (but on the return leg u would have to go through BKK).

if you book their "cooling summer promotion" for flights on mondays to thursdays, it will cost you as low as 2.425 THB incl. Taxes. it doesn't get cheaper than that.

of course u would still have to take a bus to get to Krabi, but still better than paying for two separate flights CNX - BKK , BKK - KBV

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks so much for the replies guys!

I just got back from a holiday in Krabi. I went on Air Asia. I was in BKK to start with so I flew from there to Krabi, and then Krabi -- BKK -- CNX on the return. With Air Asia you will always need to stop in BKK, get your bags and check them in again, but my flight down to Krabi was 700 baht, the flight back to BKK was 850 baht, and since I booked the BKK -- CNX last minute (I was planning to do overnight train, but broke my ankle rock climbing down there) was 1350 baht.

If you book in advance, Air Asia has great prices, but if low cost is your main priority, then bus or train to BKK, followed by bus or train to Surat Thani and connection to Krabi. It can be done for under 1000 baht each way. Also keep in mind that you can sometimes find good promos to Phuket, and Krabi is only 2 hours away from a Phuket (you can get a songthaew from the airport for a pretty cheap connection).

I was staying on East Railay. It's much cheaper but not as pretty as West Railay. I paid 500 baht/night for air con, cable tv, hot shower. If you really want cheap, you can find a room on Tonsai for 150 baht (very basic, fan and cold water). Tonsai only has electricity at night. West Railay is more in the 1000 baht range, but nicer beach. Phra Nang beach is nicest, but the only resort that faces it starts at 4000 per night. I wouldn't recommend staying in Ao Nang or Krabi town, personally.

Oh, and be wary of Krabi hospital. After I took my fall, the ER doc took one x-ray of the front (I told them I hit heel first) and said it was fine. Came back to Chiang Mai, and went to CM Ram where they did a series of five angles followed by an MRI. Turns out I shattered my heel into at least 3-4 pieces, detached the Achilles tendon, and now need surgery (hence my recent post for Orthopedic surgeons in CM!).

Have a great trip!

Edited by dsmandell