German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

churchill

How should the attention of german newspapers help else then wreck the tourism even more? And that doesn't really help, does it?

I don't think it really matters about the tourist industry, this is a despicable act carreid out against a German expat. It should be fully reported here and overseas, and if it makes the BIB and the authorities think a little bit more about upholding the law and protecting people then so be it. You statement reeks of saffron tinted BS.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"....his wife, Khun Arayar aged 40 who explained that her Husband left their house in Bangkok at 9am on Thursday and failed to return. She had registered a missing persons report at Thonglor Police Station in Bangkok on Thursday Evening."

I remember myself "disappearing" for longer than 12-14 hours and can't recall my wife went to the police -the same day-, reporting me missing...but that doesn't mean anything I suppose. :)

Have you received death-threats and instructed your wife to be on the lookout in case anything happens out of the ordinary?

Uwe probably did since he had received it.

The same way I msg my wife to inform her when I get a cab with a driver that is falling asleep...so she knows where I am if something happens.

You are catching the Thai attitude to safety, i.e no attitude at all. Please may I suggest in future if your Taxi Driver is falling asleep, you do not text your message. You get him to stop, turn the aircon on full, get the driver in the passenger seat and you drive or any combination of the above or get out the taxi and get another one. It is like sending a text to your wife saying 'darling there is a pissed guy sat opposite me on the train waving a loaded gun at me but I am gonna sit in the same seat, just letting you know incase he shhots me'.

As regards the awful murder, I am astounded by the police issuing a statement saying that it is likely he refused to negoitaite or inform so they pressed the button! That sounds a very convenient statement in terms of pushing the case of foreign mafia.

On another note I am about to take legal action against a Thai HiSo property developer who took 580K deposit on a project 2 years ago then did nothing and wont pay the money back. Mmmmm maybe on second thoughts!!!

Contrary to other reports in the media, this German* blog in Thailand claims that the wife of murdered Engineer Uwe Keienburg (the name is miss spelled also to Keienburt) reported her husband Mr. Keienburg missing already on WEDNESDAY (August 19th) whilst the body was found on Friday -today- August 21st.

She also, according to the blog, reported that her husband had work-related conflicts with foreign investors and received a death threat.

In the article it's mentioned that the car was found about 100 meters away; not 500.

* http://www.falang-in-thailand.de/20090821/...be-getoetet.htm

note: there are some (also spelling) mistakes in the blog-article so if everything what's mentioned is true remains to be seen.

LaoPo

Ok i will write this slowly so you understand.

The Thai lawmakers need to start enforcing laws to protect Farang guests far better then they are currently doing, even in the case of minor violence it is free reign for Thais to beat Farang senseless without them neeeding to worry about any kind of justice .... this is whats leading to the amount of Farang dying before their time in LOS.

So if it is the press enough and it starts affecting tourism this is a good thing, in you OP you clearly were bothered that this will affect tourism please read back to see what youve written.

Maybe you where writing too slowly! "The Thai lawmakers need to start enforcing laws.."

How can lawmakers, enforce laws? I think you got something wrong there! Sure I'm disturbed by decreasing tourism as it is a mayor factor for thai economy. Anyway I do think this is a horrible murder, and I hope the people responsible will not escape justice. I do agree, that punishment for murder, conspiracy to murder and so on are too "soft" in thailand, the problem is, IMHO that the people responsible mostly escape punishment totally. So the laws, like you rightly said, are not helping much if the laws are not enforced. But it is hard to change this things, as even the PM of this country just found out....

I know people already started to feel offended from my first comment, anyway I wasn't thinking to offend anyone, and will to your collective joy, shut up now!

May you find peace in eternity, Uwe!

Edited by noithip

Surely it won't have a huge impact, I was actually just questioning if the german media could be able to help in any way. They can report it and surely in some potential tourists mind thailand will be tagged as "insecure", it is a rather spectacular way to kill somebody after all. Actually I just disagree with the idea that media will help or like later said will influence the "law makers" in thailand. You can bet that this news will be all over german media, since it is not something happening on a daily basis to German nationals at all. Sure the more people get the sense of insecurity in thailand they don't want to holiday in a potential dangerous place. This is happening anyway so it is not worth arguing about how to interpret a post. I am shocked myself that they would kill a person in this way. And I think the lawmakers are doing an "ok" job, I'm more concerned with the law-enforcement, that definitely needs a lot of change...(first of all why is it so easy to get weapons, explosives, hitmen,... and everybody in the country knows?)

Dear Noithip,

from your stance and your constant reference to the tourist industry, one cannot but get the impression that you are biased in certain direction.

Faced with this terrible and obscene incident, maybe you can spare these comments for a later point in time. I am sure (at least I hope for the sake of humanity) that not one person gives a sh1t about tourism in the light of this incident.

And if you cannot agree so far, then maybe think about the family and friends who may be reading this forum.

Everybody's right to display their opinion, also yours. But maybe we should save some opinions for the right time and the right place...

peace with you...

Why not set up shop just past Hua Hin? There's lots of nice beaches.

Yet there could be a nuclear power plant planned for there also. There aren't a whole lot of sites for nuclear, and Thailand's EGAT is hel_l-bent on getting four of the monsters built.

The deceased was a concrete expert. Hmmm. Since everything of this nature in Thailand revolves around money, here my guess at the overall scenario:

The German put his expertise to work, and found a concrete job was done badly. His report may have caused authorities to demand the job be redone. Or similarly, there was a structure failure, and thru course of his business, he traced the cause to poor construction. Either way, it would fit that someone or some entity is being forced to pay a large amount of money, and it's conceivable they blame the inspector (the deceased) for their troubles. Perhaps they were trying to force him to re-write his report in their favor.

Several years ago a farang acountant was murdered in Thailand, as he was about to reveal fraudulent accounting methods of a large company (a rice mill?) - therefore costing the company big money. It puts a new spin on "shooting the messenger."

Altogether very sad. Condolences to the family.

One question i have is how they know so quickly it was C4 usually takes a fair bit of investigation to find out explosive tye etc. Still pretty horific stuff though.

They don't (yet); they said it "appeared" to be C-4 explosives. And C-4 needs a detonator to explode.

LaoPo

One thing that get me, Is there is no talk about evidence that there was some other person at the scene. If there was then i have missed it somewhere.

Surely there must be footprints or tyre tracks other than the deceased?

Very sad

Condolences to his family.

Really sad case but looks like a real amateur job. I am no expert but they left the body, his car and all the personal stuff (notice the personal ID!) all around at an easy to spot location. And this bomb....stupid. Maybe the killer tried to force him to sign something and then BAM!

**offensive and potentially defamatory speculation removed--sbk***

Blowing him up with military grade explosives isn't exactly your average bump off the competition with a .38 revolver.

Sounds like someone is sending a very clear message going to such extremes.

Yes I agree, a very dramatic way to kill someone

Really sad case but looks like a real amateur job. I am no expert but they left the body, his car and all the personal stuff (notice the personal ID!) all around at an easy to spot location. And this bomb....stupid. Maybe the killer tried to force him to sign something and then BAM!

surely only an expert could determine amature job or not?

As you quite rightly say you are no expert,

So by default you are not qualified to come to that conclusion.

I think they were sending a strong message to someone, Maybe higher up than the deceased.

Edited by sbk

It wasn't that long ago that a young guy was shot in Pattaya beside his car,he had dealings in property too.

Been to Pattaya twice,god knows why people want to set up house there,there's lots of other places to go to in Thailand.

Why not set up shop just past Hua Hin? There's lots of nice beaches.

You are totally right! Pattaya is way to much infected with bad people. Can't see the charm of living at that area. During my 11 years here, I've been there 6-7 times at most. Every time I get back home to where I live (3 hours drive from Pattaya), I feel much better. Hua Hin is nice. Bangsean is also nice. Pattaya is the shit-hole on earth! I can see only one reason to go there for some; -The bar girls!

"In an attempt to speed up the case, Pol Maj-Gen Bandid Kunachak, regional police chief, said investigators were seeking clues from foreigners and foreign mafia gangs in the tourist seaside tourist town of Pattaya as the circumstances surrounding Mr Keienburt’s death bore the hallmark of a mafia-related attack. (TNA)"

So they admit that there are foreign mafia gangs in this country. Why don't they just kill those bugs?

Three things makes me really wonder who the perpretators were.

1. To get hands on C4, even in Thailand that's not a common explosive.

2. High tech remote trigger, uncommon as well.

3. Leave the BMW and not pick it apart? Not enough moneyes worth?

That's maybe why the real estate business is amongst the worst businesses in Thailand.

Criminals see the opportunity to make even more money from that than drugs and it's a legal business.

I am going to buy land and build my own house, I don't want to have anything to do with any criminals of any sort.

That doesn't safe guard me but minimizes the hazzard.

Of course not every real estate company houses criminals but who am I to know who's not?

\Mik

Uhhhh.....maybe you haven't read the laws yet since you are new but farangs can't buy/own land in Thailand.

German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

...... he sued to receive a death threat.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 21/08/09

Out of improper grammar comes a fact. Farangs launching lawsuits in Thailand probably have a higher injury and death rate than motorcycling and jelly fish poisonings!?

One thing that get me, Is there is no talk about evidence that there was some other person at the scene. If there was then i have missed it somewhere.

Surely there must be footprints or tyre tracks other than the deceased?

Very sad

Condolences to his family.

from reading what others are saying at crime scene, it's been so contaminated by on-lookers and the police teams themselves, i don't think is possible. which is very retarded IMO since they are able to play these careful police investigation scenes in the thai soaps why isn't it possible to actually do it in reality :D

More like somebody hired some poor Cambodian to do the job or his/her own nephew :)

well obviously they wanted it to be known who the person was! LOL gosh you sure aren't expert.

this is a very sad case indeed, but also reminds me of many bizzare cases i've seen on investigation documentries where they utilize another person's body, murder them and claim life insurance from their life insurance companies. but this is probably not the case.

and for the police team to speculate suicide is just a bit nutty... first off, why all that effort to blast yourself into a billion pieces with a bomb controled by remote, why go over to another province? if they conclude it as suicide, it's just slacking and writing off someone's life like it never mattered. the power of money and lack thereof. :D

my condolences to the family that must endure this gruesome discovery.

Several years ago a farang acountant was murdered in Thailand, as he was about to reveal fraudulent accounting methods of a large company (a rice mill?) - therefore costing the company big money. It puts a new spin on "shooting the messenger."

Indeed Michael Wamsley was murdered in March 1999 whilst acting as receiver for a large sugar mill. Millions of dollars had been syphoned off, and he was about to name names. Lovely guy who was a friend of my accountant in Melbourne. It was his first time in Thailand :)

Blowing him up with military grade explosives isn't exactly your average bump off the competition with a .38 revolver.

Sounds like someone is sending a very clear message going to such extremes.

SAVAGE.

This is not done without adult supervision. ( No adults in LOS )

Consider who has the backround for this type of action.

Off topic, insensitive and inflammatory posts have been removed.

Please try to keep insensitive jokes and speculation off the forum as further such posts will result in more formal moderator action than mere deletion.

Do try to have some consideration for the man's family who could very easily end up reading this thread.

Altogether very sad. Condolences to the family.

Yep, it was sugar company, though. About 10 -11 years ago. This case will take pressure from the German embassy / govt to get anywhere. And will probably end up with a cab driver or construction worker confessing.

THANKS @ sanmiguellight, I just want write the same, but read the whole thread before posting. I havent been cliearer with my poor english.

Indeed, I think that only INTERNATIONAL ATTENTION can change some things in Thailand, even thought that the tourism industrie is hurt. It doesnt matter to me personally, and I am thinking the TOURISTS have also a RIGHT to know whats going on in Thailand!

about two years ago there were a lot of muggings here in Phuket, some with deadly endings. After we forwarded it to the German Embassy and some other newspapers, finally the Police starts to work and the series of rubberies stoppt, they even installed lights on some very dark spots here. All that because the german and the english embassy put a warning for tourists on their homepage that Thailand is NOT SAVE....unfortunately most of the tourists still belive it is....till they become victims by themselfs, be it in KING POWER scams, nightly muggings or Jetski scams, or taxidrivers driving away without giving change.....a list without end........

Gulp. What a splatter cruel way to kill somebody.

Thailand is always, more, a violent country

Interesting that this is the second post blaming Thailand. Seems to me that neither the victim or the alleged killers are Thai.......there aren't many Thai developers where I live, just a bunch of scumbags trying to make a quick buck at everyone else's expense.

Interesting that this is the second post blaming Thailand. Seems to me that neither the victim or the alleged killers are Thai.......there aren't many Thai developers where I live, just a bunch of scumbags trying to make a quick buck at everyone else's expense.

Yes! Its all about foreign wrongdoers, taking advantage of the generous Thai visa laws.

Thailand doesn't have a FBI or CIA equivalent authority. It's a third world country. And all the expats here is complaining about, is how troublesome it is to get a long term visa in this country. Now you know why this is the case.

Edited by Ga-gai

I don't think anyone has actually got any proof as to who the actual killers were. The death threast may well have been from foreigners, but the killers could certainly have been Thai. Either way, these sort of things are less likely to happen back where I am from.

Let's be honest there are a number of Thai scumbags as well, that would be more than happy to make a buck at somones expense. Hopefully, for a change the BIB will actually get to the bottom of it, but I guess a lot will depend on if they wish to. It seems the crime scene has been pretty much contaminated already.