It's Not Raining, But It Was Earlier

KevinHunt

The fact that Peaceblondie has hit a 'milestone' of 15,000 posts set me thinking about what they might have all been about and then that reminded me about some of the classic posts on Thaivisa Chiang Mai. It's clear that this forum was originally set up to inform and help people staying in Thailand but many posts raised amusing, interesting or just plain trivial topics. I've only been on this forum for a relatively short time but one of my favourites was the 'It's raining' thread. The fact that someone decided to share with us that little nugget of insight and observation astounded me. The fact that it actually got replies and readers was even more astounding.

What I'm interested to know is what threads have entertained, amused or even irritated you most during your time here? 

Kevin, it helps to play the role of 'straight man' in setting up jokes. GrahamF outdid me here, with less than 100 posts:

(PeaceBlondie @ 2009-08-17 22:38:13) *

I'm a man with an ex-wife, two dead mothers, three sisters, three daughters, seven granddaughters, and at least one Thai boyfriend.....

Now the tune for the 12 Days of Christmas is running through my mind!

Well, not sure how interesting it really was but the thread on "free water" certainly got people going.

I heard somewhere that there was often a queue from the front of the Red Lion round onto Changklan Road and half way to the D2 Hotel hotel just wanting to see what the curiosity of the said establishment was all about.

Maybe the were queuing just to get a glimpse of the proprietor of the said establishment and what he looked like in the flesh. (clothed of course)

They could have gone to the Gymkhana Club where there is a parking lot and watched him playing tennis. :)

Well, not sure how interesting it really was but the thread on "free water" certainly got people going.

I heard somewhere that there was often a queue from the front of the Red Lion round onto Changklan Road and half way to the D2 Hotel hotel just wanting to see what the curiosity of the said establishment was all about.

Maybe the were queuing just to get a glimpse of the proprietor of the said establishment and what he looked like in the flesh. (clothed of course)

They could have gone to the Gymkhana Club where there is a parking lot and watched him playing tennis. :)

So it's you that's been stalking me.  Are  you a Dick? (Private, of course).

All of the posters that I enjoy most get banned. Kevin Hunt is the lastest! :D

I'm still here, for the time being. I still get a bit nervous when I see some of the Super Mods online, though. :)

I use the term 'Super Mods' lightly. I bet they've never even heard of Steve Marriot, King of the Mods.

We Texans didn't talk much about Mods. There were rockers and shit-kickers (country & western). Not even many Slim Whitman fans.

The only people who aren't fans of Slim Whitman are people who haven't heard him sing, surely.

..... I Remember You-hoo ....you're the one that made my dreams come true...

A Classic. Pass the tissues!!

BTW - While you're there..... Could you change the title of this thread to 'It's Raining, but I don't think it will last'. Just to make it more current.

Edited by KevinHunt

We Texans didn't talk much about Mods. There were rockers and shit-kickers (country & western). Not even many Slim Whitman fans.

The only people who aren't fans of Slim Whitman are people who haven't heard him sing, surely.

wrong! :)

Andy Kaufman (watching) was in absolute awe of Slim Whitman (as he should be) . One of his biggest fans, apparently. What a voice!! Brilliant.

Anyway, to get back on topic - it's stopped ,but personally, I think it'll probably be on and off all day - not a good day for putting the washing out, I'm afraid to say (I love that expression).

Edited by KevinHunt

wrong! :D

Thank you, Donnyboy. That three-minute innoculation was a small price to pay to assure that I never make the bigger mistake of committing more time to him than that. :)

I think there is a striking resembelance between you and Slim Kevin.

Well maybe 10 years ago it would have been more noticeable before your hair got blown away :D

hehe,well he is definately showing his age and i must say (like his avatar) his taste in music is a bit "faulty" to say the least!!

good on him though, he was probably in the audience when the youtube clip was filmed. :)

Well maybe 10 years ago it would have been more noticeable before your hair got blown away :D

I've got more than you. Please, no more comments about my locks, I'm very sensitive about it. :)

hehe,well he is definately showing his age and i must say (like his avatar) his taste in music is a bit "faulty" to say the least!!

good on him though, he was probably in the audience when the youtube clip was filmed. :)

Don't start me talking about music, you won't hear the last of it. I happen to appreciate all good music. How could anyone not like Slim, as well as Faron Young, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, T-Bone Walker, Lester Young, Ben Webster, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Paul Robeson, Small Faces, The Kinks, Jackie Wilson, Bowie, Roxy Music, Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight ........ I could go on but I'll content myself with the fact that Guitarman is having a bit of Jazz tonight. Something different - a bit of Be-bop, I hope.

Back on topic - it's spittin'.

Edited by KevinHunt

I've got more than you. Please, no more comments about my locks, I'm very sensitive about it. :D

Thats true Kev....mainly because I don't go for the Bobby Charlton combeover look that you seem to favour :)

Oh Mr Khunt, I don't know what to say. How can I thank you?

Following recent events at Lords in the UK I found myself slipping into the very dark world of severe depression.

After a sleepless night crouching, naked in a dark corner, I dragged myself to my computer to have a final look at Thai Visa. I was seriously considering taking myself to the place where there is no pain and depression.

Upon opening this thread I discovered that I was not the only lover of Slim Whitman, I saw him live on stage in Melbourne many years ago. This thread prompted me to find out when and where Slim died and with a little research I discovered that he is, indeed, still alive and enjoying reasonable health.

Praise the Lord. The sun is shining and I am feeling that my life is, once again, worth living.

Now if only the Aussies can only come back to snatch the Ashes from the jaws of death.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My goodness, Mr Bill! Reading your post, one almost has the impression you were rendered by the CIA, not a British sports team! I'm glad that your Slim pickings are a comfort to you in this troubling time, and I wish you all the best!

Oh Mr Khunt, I don't know what to say. How can I thank you?

Following recent events at Lords in the UK I found myself slipping into the very dark world of severe depression.

I don't know what you have been watching at Lords, I've been watching England spank Australia at the Oval.

Haha only 466 to go :):D:D

jees the whole families heeds have been exploding, beats frank ifields version hands down.

One of the most interesting posts of late, potentially, was the one about Fabrique. Pity it disappeared so soon as it had great posibilities. That could have become a classic.

I was disappointed as well. I didn't get my 300 baht's worth out of that one.

One of the most interesting posts of late, potentially, was the one about Fabrique. Pity it disappeared so soon as it had great posibilities. That could have become a classic.

But you sure proved the one thing that many of us had long suspected about you. Loaded.

But you sure proved the one thing that many of us had long suspected about you. Loaded.

That I prefer Most Haunted to Thaivisa?

That I prefer Most Haunted to Thaivisa?

Nooooooo.