Pocket pc

percy2

Please help.

I want to buy a pocket PC.

What I would like to do is to be able to send and receive emails from pop 3 accounts. View excel and word files and hopefully be able to write and edit them.

Also Viewing Jpeg tiff and raw files would be handy.

I know that you can now get a 3 gig CF card but I would rather be able to link to a 30gig mp3 player (basically an external hard drive)

Thats what I want in the hardware stakes , what Pocket PC and MP3 would you recomend and would it do what I want?

Second part of the question what phone and or internet services would I need to sign up for? are they available here?

Will I be able to do the same whentravelling abroad/roaming.

Will I need to connect all to a Land line or better my handphone or even better neither of these.

And lastly can I do it for under B20 :o

Regards

compaq ipaq will do what you want (with the needed sleeve) with a bit of tinkering it can do more. for example, i wanted mine to act as a remote media player for when i was on long flights (a laptop on the tray table was not the best way). I ended up reflashing my ipaq with linux, setting up an 802.11 wireless link to my laptop, then streaming video and music to it. I;ve also (cos i was bored) set up my home machine as a media encoder to stream TV, and used the ipaq as a tv remote i could remotely log into to change channel. Priceless during last years world cup...

2) if you havea phone with a IR/bluetooth connection, dialing up is fine.

3) excell and word stuff does not entirely import as good - sometimes stuff is lost (macros etc)

./P

• 1 month later...