Pizza In Bangkok

EndofDays

I know this has been posted out before but it is an emergency, for me at least. Will be in Bangkok next month and I am dire need of a deep-dish pizza, Chicago Style. I don't want some nitwit coming on here and talking about some euro joint that is superior to American pizza because the use of "finer ingredients". A. they either haven't had a real American Piza, except for the fast-food stuff or B. they are pretenstious euro-wannabees americanos. I have been to Italy and while their pizza is very nice it is NOT Chicago-style. Where I work, pizza is not an option so I am really hurting for some. I love Uno's and Giordanos....my god I could kill for them now!! So please, any real pizzaologists out there, please help me with my quest. I have already got Chok Choi restaraunt for my steak fix now I need my pizza. Rescue me...

This style (no I don't count Pizza Hut) doesn't exist in Thailand. Maybe its the cost of cheese as the amount of cheese in an authentic version would be a large multiple of one of those fashionable crispy minimalist Italian style pizzas. They would probably have to charge 1000 baht, how many would really pay for that?

Maybe its the cost of cheese as the amount of cheese in an authentic version would be a large multiple of one of those fashionable crispy minimalist Italian style pizzas. They would probably have to charge 1000 baht, how many would really pay for that?

You are right...it probably would run around 1000 THB. However, even in the States, a pizza of this magnitude runs between $20-30.

I don't know about anyone else...but I'd be willing to share this pizza with three other people and spend 250 THB for a quarter of the pie. We're talking massive size pizzas here:

post-58197-1251012011_thumb.jpg

This style (no I don't count Pizza Hut) doesn't exist in Thailand. Maybe its the cost of cheese as the amount of cheese in an authentic version would be a large multiple of one of those fashionable crispy minimalist Italian style pizzas. They would probably have to charge 1000 baht, how many would really pay for that?

Right now, I sure as heck would!!

Maybe its the cost of cheese as the amount of cheese in an authentic version would be a large multiple of one of those fashionable crispy minimalist Italian style pizzas. They would probably have to charge 1000 baht, how many would really pay for that?

You are right...it probably would run around 1000 THB. However, even in the States, a pizza of this magnitude runs between $20-30.

I don't know about anyone else...but I'd be willing to share this pizza with three other people and spend 250 THB for a quarter of the pie. We're talking massive size pizzas here:

That is a picture of a Giordanos pizza!! Am I to be forever tortured!!!! I can't stand the Pizza Company as I have gotten violoenlty ill twice there. Darn it all too heck. There has to be something similar in Bangkok, somewhere!

I I don't want some nitwit coming on here and talking about some euro joint that is superior to American pizza because the use of "finer ingredients". A. they either haven't had a real American Piza, except for the fast-food stuff or B. they are pretenstious euro-wannabees americanos.

Hear, hear! clap2.gif

I I don't want some nitwit coming on here and talking about some euro joint that is superior to American pizza because the use of "finer ingredients". A. they either haven't had a real American Piza, except for the fast-food stuff or B. they are pretenstious euro-wannabees americanos.

Hear, hear! clap2.gif

Yeah!! :)

Hello, I have been to many different pizza and Italian restuarants in many different cities in Thailand and I have not seen any of the Chicago deep dish style pizza any place. It is my favorite as well, and I do not know of any place to rent an oven to make your own as you might give the owner of a pizza place some money to use their oven. Cheers and good luck to you.

I'd totally be willing to pay 1000 for that right now! That's a lot of food and it looks delicious, I'd get several meals out of it.

Have no idea where to get something like that in Bangkok. I normally order Scoozi, which is better than Pizza Hut/Company, but it's no deep dish. :)