Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

If I wanted to do something for the community I hope I'd make a better job of it. I just question their motives.

RAZZ

But you don't know their motives razz Even if you did i am sure you would question them.

Blinkered and set in your ways comes to mind.

Not at all. The camera doesn't lie. I seem some of them for what they are.. on an ego-trip to make-up for their inadequacies in the "real-world".

I commend and wholeheartedly support the thousands of foreigners in Thailand who get involved in drug rehab, christian missionaries, orphanages, women's refuges, Aids charities etc etc. They don't get this grief or brag that "hundreds of people" are asking for their autographs... I wonder why? :)

I've already stated that I don't know HM's motives. But when he states that he is "not accountable to anyone except his superiors" it tell's me all I need to know about his attitude...that and the continued avoidance of some simple question's...

RAZZ

seconded.

neither he nor his pr guru answer the very valid points made here. stop the spin, answer the questions howard

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us have work to do, Bye bye

English teacher or TPV?

Missing you already.

RAZZ

That would imply that i was farang like you, Did i ever say that?.

There you go again blinkered.

Bye

Not all English Teachers in Thailand are Farang, just as not all of the TPV's are Farang either.

There you go again, blinkered assumptions. :)

Bye

Some of us have work to do, Bye bye

English teacher or TPV?

Missing you already.

RAZZ

That would imply that i was farang like you, Did i ever say that?.

There you go again blinkered.

Bye

Not all English Teachers in Thailand are Farang, just as not all of the TPV's are Farang either.

There you go again, blinkered assumptions. :)

Bye

Come on - this is the "have a go at HM and TPV's" thread not have a go at me! :D:D

Obviously it's never safe to "assume" anything...But I would have thought that the majority of "English teachers" would be from a "farang" country... :D

RAZZ

Come on - this is the "have a go at HM and TPV's" thread not have a go at me! :D:D

Obviously it's never safe to "assume" anything...But I would have thought that the majority of "English teachers" would be from a "farang" country... :)

RAZZ

RAZZ wasn't having a go at you, I was mimicking Cyb.

I really don't understand the posters' on here who have ill feelings towards the Tourist Police. As a previous poster mentioned, if (God forbid), you got in to a serious problem here in Pattaya, who would you prefer to help you a) a Thai man who probably can't speak English, doesn't care and has a complacent attitude, or Howard & team who can speak English and provide a unique service to help you? Regardless of their motives for being there (which is their business!) they can assist you if you ever get into difficulty. Look at this logically; I know which party I'd prefer.

Edited by jeanclaude

Obviously it's never safe to "assume" anything...But I would have thought that the majority of "English teachers" would be from a "farang" country... :)

RAZZ

RAZZ wasn't having a go at you, I was mimicking Cyb.

Bit too early in the morning :D :D

RAZZ

Surely you can't be serious that trying to throttle a deaf mute shouting "do not resist us! do not resist us" is really excellent work.

People are getting carried away now. There was nothing out of the ordinary about that incident, as far as the part you are referring to. It wasn't like Howard was using the secret "Two-finger Chinese Touch of Death" technique on the fellow. Instead of just smacking some drunk upside the head because he was miffed at some little <deleted>, he actually was using force with restraint to calm someone. No biggie there. It's a complete non-issue.

Non-issue? The guy IS NOT A POLICEMAN! :)

Carrying on like he is one will only end up in tears...for him :D

RAZZ

You are confused. That is really the only thing that explains your posts.

FYI, a fight was about to break out in the club I was in last night and I got up on my toes and was ready to dive in to restrain either party if needed, as done before. No, I am not a cop here but I have done service back home that dealt with overgrown muscle-people beating each-other up and us having t break them up, so it is a reflex thing. :D

I digress, but the point is that anyone CAN do that, as breaking up a fight, with modest restraint if needed, doesn't require special permission. Only balls.

Edited by TAWP

And for your information for a short time I was involved in charity work in the former Yugoslavia in 1999 when the UN decided to bomb it. I didn't see Bravo making a documentary then that's for sure! :D

So you where not part of any peacekeeping group but most likely some leftwing pseudo-NGO, which would explain why you dislike anyone in uniforms... :)

Agree the documentary is entertaining - especially for those of us with an interest in Thailand. While it's entertaining I wouldn't want any association with most of the swamp life characters whatsoever.

It reminds me of Night Cops on a similar channel showing British police out on the town on Fridays and Saturday nights which is again quite funny. This Thailand series is more colourful with more of a Thai slant more jails ladyboys, wannabe police, scams, corruption, and basically a wider range of idiots, where you wonder are these for real, and then just remind yourself of course they are this is Thailand.

In Night Cops the British police are generally seen do be doing a good professional job and you confident you could go to them for help in the event of a problem in the UK. The entertainment comes through the idiots they deal with.

The Thai programme presenter obviously hit on the idea of extending the theme, where in Thailand you can laugh at the police as well as the punters combined with a much more exotic range of swamp misfits and weirdos.

By the way is it true that the thai government are thinking of setting up a "tourist volunteer medical unit"?

I quite fancy the idea of myself in a pure white uniform, turning up with needles and syringes and trying out my surgery techniques with a scalpel.

I've no medical experience whatsoever but my intentions would be honourable and I've also fancied "having a stab" at this type of thing for a while. :)

I'm sure I'd pick it up after a few days training and trial and error as I'm a quick learner. I do get the Thai words for liver (dtap) and kidney (dtay) mixed up - but I'm sure noone would mind as long as I did my best.

Could also be a movie in it too if anyone is interested... :D

And for your information for a short time I was involved in charity work in the former Yugoslavia in 1999 when the UN decided to bomb it. I didn't see Bravo making a documentary then that's for sure! :D

So you where not part of any peacekeeping group but most likely some leftwing pseudo-NGO, which would explain why you dislike anyone in uniforms... :)

:D:D

No...I was just trying to help some people who'd been displaced in a horrifically brutal race/religious war.

I don't dislike people in uniforms...I only dislike people who are rude, arrogant, dreamers and bullies :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Surely you can't be serious that trying to throttle a deaf mute shouting "do not resist us! do not resist us" is really excellent work.

People are getting carried away now. There was nothing out of the ordinary about that incident, as far as the part you are referring to. It wasn't like Howard was using the secret "Two-finger Chinese Touch of Death" technique on the fellow. Instead of just smacking some drunk upside the head because he was miffed at some little <deleted>, he actually was using force with restraint to calm someone. No biggie there. It's a complete non-issue.

Non-issue? The guy IS NOT A POLICEMAN! :)

Carrying on like he is one will only end up in tears...for him :D

RAZZ

You are confused. That is really the only thing that explains your posts.

FYI, a fight was about to break out in the club I was in last night and I got up on my toes and was ready to dive in to restrain either party if needed, as done before. No, I am not a cop here but I have done service back home that dealt with overgrown muscle-people beating each-other up and us having t break them up, so it is a reflex thing. :D

I digress, but the point is that anyone CAN do that, as breaking up a fight, with modest restraint if needed, doesn't require special permission. Only balls.

Another cyber warrior :D

RAZZ

By the way is it true that the thai government are thinking of setting up a "tourist volunteer medical unit"?

I quite fancy the idea of myself in a pure white uniform, turning up with needles and syringes and trying out my surgery techniques with a scalpel.

I've no medical experience whatsoever but my intentions would be honourable and I've also fancied "having a stab" at this type of thing for a while. :)

I'm sure I'd pick it up after a few days training and trial and error as I'm a quick learner. I do get the Thai words for liver (dtap) and kidney (dtay) mixed up - but I'm sure noone would mind as long as I did my best.

You are being factious.

There are medical voluntaries already involved in different organizations and most [all?] has a medical background and bring their expertise to the table. One example is very own oft-banned member ColPyat.

The TPV has a clear purpose and for that they are approved on a per-person basis to make sure they are bringing something needed to the organization.

With the kind of behaviour that is being shown here, I wouldn't expect anyone to take questions posed very seriously. RAZ and TAWP you are both getting close to the edge. Please discuss the issues and stop taking shots at each other. This is the last time I'm asking.

I've no medical experience whatsoever but my intentions would be honourable and I've also fancied "having a stab" at this type of thing for a while. :D

Hope they put a large red letter"L" on your white shirt so we will know you are a learner. :):D:D

Having said in an earlier post that I didnt think the show put Thailand in a bad light on the whole, and just watched another episode, I think there might just be one serious exception to this!

During the opening sequence of every show the narrator states "Thailand is a dangerous place with 288 British tourists killed last year".

I can understand why the TAT might be slightly uncomfortable with that statement.

There are a number of things that the TVP need to maybe improve on, and I really don't think they are perfect in the way that they portray themselves at times. However, I do think they have a place and I think that credit should be given to those that do get off their ass and do what can only be described as a difficult job. I've poked a bit of fun at Howard here, but I do think that he has a sense of humour and is doing a reasonable job. His arm locks are <deleted> though. :)

-Hilarious thanks-could also get some of the bar workers to dress up in Nurses uniforms....

(I mean lets face it the pretend cops already get their kicks it seems from being in uniforms)

With the kind of behaviour that is being shown here, I wouldn't expect anyone to take questions posed very seriously. RAZ and TAWP you are both getting close to the edge. Please discuss the issues and stop taking shots at each other. This is the last time I'm asking.

Apologies :)

RAZZ

There are a number of things that the TVP need to maybe improve on, and I really don't think they are perfect in the way that they portray themselves at times. However, I do think they have a place and I think that credit should be given to those that do get off their ass and do what can only be described as a difficult job. I've poked a bit of fun at Howard here, but I do think that he has a sense of humour and is doing a reasonable job. His arm locks are <deleted> though. :D

I agree. The concept and idea behind the "Assistant" role is admirably, even if some of their behaviour is not so altruistic.

I'd love to have a sensible discussion in person with any of their members (including Howard) but I get the impression that he doesn't want to hear any other opinion than his own.

Oh well :)

RAZZ

The TPV has a clear purpose and for that they are approved on a per-person basis to make sure they are bringing something needed to the organization.

A can of pepper spray to use on the occasional Katoey?