Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

Just to add a bit more and this is only a guess. Bet the guy that kicked the driver in the face was the owner of the demolished wall.

and if it was my wall, he wouldn't have got off so lightly!

Don't think he would have got off lightly if someone had not stopped him.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest fantasy is being drunk on walking street and having some bald sweaty chubby guy, dressed in a tight black uniform jump on my back and shout, 'Do Not Resist Me'.

Each to their own waza mate! :)

My biggest fantasy is being drunk on walking street and having some bald sweaty chubby guy, dressed in a tight black uniform jump on my back and shout, 'Do Not Resist Me'.

Each to their own waza mate! :)

Crikes Waka, maybe your dream will come if you post on the the gay and lesbian or teachers forum instead. :D

Edited by jacobbells

If I was going to compare the two - I'd say Howard is like Dixon of Dock Green, and the SWAT team is someones own personal wet dream. I just don't understand why a SWAT team would be called out to deal with the incidents that are shown, and from what I understand they also conduct roadblocks? <deleted> -just seems rather over the top.

The farang in the swat team is a proper trained professional who is under proper inter-government authority to train the Thai's in anti-terrorist tactics.

He is not to be confused with the unqualified mis-fits that we have on show in the entertainment districts.

You may note that he did not feature in an interview as he is not trying to attarct attention to himslef like the TPV's or the FPV's

I cannot say anything about the farang as we never actually saw him do anything in motion really, but what I can say is that while you knock on TPV and FPV, they are on mission with a clearly defined goal and with equipment suited for it.

The 'SWAT' team is way to overdressed for their random stop&search, they ride in a slow-ass hummer in a car-chase(!) and decide to shot upon the vehicle from a fair distance to stop it since they lack any skill or equipment to perform a touch-stop with their own car and then shoot upon the vehicle after it has crashed to discurage the suspect from fleeing.

This isn't SWAT, this is the behavior of scared, over-dressed beginners.

The real 'SWAT' is used with clear mission and never any random patrolling like this. Know how tiresome it is to be fully geared up? Them pulling an 8h patrolling shift in that gear is like a sprinter trying to run a marathon while solving math - their results are going to sharply decline at the end of their shift and severe mistakes will happen.

I'm not discounting that there is a need for a proper SWAT-unit, only that it needs to really be used like one...

If I was going to compare the two - I'd say Howard is like Dixon of Dock Green, and the SWAT team is someones own personal wet dream. I just don't understand why a SWAT team would be called out to deal with the incidents that are shown, and from what I understand they also conduct roadblocks? <deleted> -just seems rather over the top.

Dixon was your friendly on the beat bobby, a model example of sensible common sense policing.

I understand what you are saying but comparing Howard and his unprofessionalism to the standards of policing we saw in the era of Dockgreen is not appropriate. Can you imagine George showing off to the cameras or shouting " You will not resist us"

As I have said before, Howard has some good points and his colleagues have been largely exemplary. But he by his own words just regards this a entertainment.

He has been asked some pertinent questions which he chooses not to answer.

Evening all.

Dixon was your friendly on the beat bobby, a model example of sensible common sense policing.

I understand what you are saying but comparing Howard and his unprofessionalism to the standards of policing we saw in the era of Dockgreen is not appropriate. Can you imagine George showing off to the cameras or shouting " You will not resist us"

As I have said before, Howard has some good points and his colleagues have been largely exemplary. But he by his own words just regards this a entertainment.

He has been asked some pertinent questions which he chooses not to answer.

Evening all.

It was comparative Caf. :D

What I do know, from what I have seen so far is that Howard might not be perfect, but he is certainly a lot better than this other mob. Yes, there are a few questions that may not have been answered, but I think that Howard is doing a decent enough job, and is certainly not putting dangerous. The silence is deafening though on details about SWAT. Obviously there are reasons why that is the case, of course people do not fear Howard's "arm locks" :) , but with a bunch of heavily armed guys cruising around I can understand why there isn't much comment.

After seeing them in action (shooting at a fleeing car which then demolishes a wall-what if a pedestrian had been passing at the time? Obviously the SUVs a bit too cumbersome to catch the pick up and do a PIT manouvre and maybe stop sticks aren't part of the local cops arsenal) it's more a case of SWAFAT-Special Weapons And <deleted> All Tactics.

London-based Vera Productions, makers of Big Trouble In Thailand, faked the sound on the JJ gun scene, giving credence to the allegations of the Thai authorities that the entire confrontation was set up - the audio of the Royal Marines' reaction to JJ producing the gun was false, as evidenced by the original footage just released at bigtroubleinthailand on youtube ... just compare the two clips.

London-based Vera Productions, makers of Big Trouble In Thailand, faked the sound on the JJ gun scene, giving credence to the allegations of the Thai authorities that the entire confrontation was set up - the audio of the Royal Marines' reaction to JJ producing the gun was false, as evidenced by the original footage just released at bigtroubleinthailand on youtube ... just compare the two clips.

Think your suffering from delusion, Watch the clips again.

Better put the hearing aid in as well :) Oh and don't forget the glasses

Edited by cyb

Well, depends on how selective your hearing is ... or how pro-JJ your hearing aid is.

But in the newly-released raw footage JJ produces the gun at 2:25 and the audio is very different to that which was broadcast.

In the broadcast version you can hear the Marines are nervous/frightened, they're calming JJ, apologising. It's different audio and replaced the original/genuine audio to make the scene more dramatic, which JJ in the circumstances could have done without, given his arrest etc and international shaming. Depends, I guess, how real you like your reality. But does lend credence to the Thai authorities claims the whole thing was faked and detracts from the credibility of the documentary. Doesn't matter what you think about JJ, but the fake audio actually came from earlier on in proceedings when JJ WASN'T armed.

Howard get booted out of Thailand ??

Your source is?

Well, for starters the only other raw/uncut video available for viewing at bigtroubleinthailand ... just take a look from 1:35 and tell me if that's not precisely the same audio as when JJ produces the gun? Except at that point the Marines were trying to prevent a fight between JJ and one of the Marines. I know because I was there. The source is the horse's mouth. I like my reality as real as it possibly can be - for any number of reasons but especially because it can result in the arrest of people, as we have seen, and because you the viewer - yep, even Bravo viewers - deserve better. And I think Thailand should be treated fairly too.

Your source is?

Well, for starters the only other raw/uncut video available for viewing at bigtroubleinthailand ... just take a look from 1:35 and tell me if that's not precisely the same audio as when JJ produces the gun? Except at that point the Marines were trying to prevent a fight between JJ and one of the Marines. I know because I was there. The source is the horse's mouth. I like my reality as real as it possibly can be - for any number of reasons but especially because it can result in the arrest of people, as we have seen, and because you the viewer - yep, even Bravo viewers - deserve better. And I think Thailand should be treated fairly too.

So you are the "maker" of this program?

Your source is?

I wasn't asking that, I was asking another poster where he gets the rumour that Howard was booted out of Thailand?

Your source is?

So you are the "maker" of this program?

Depends how you define "maker" but I'd say, on balance, no. Would have been a very different product if I was the maker. But had a hand in it, yes. I filmed it all, and much more besides. Perhaps BTITmaker is misleading as that would imply I was responsible for the cut, broadcast shows, which I have certainly not been.

Your source is?

I wasn't asking that, I was asking another poster where he gets the rumour that Howard was booted out of Thailand?

Sorry. Howard is away getting married. Hard to see on what grounds he'd be "booted out" of Thailand.

Hard to see on what grounds he'd be "booted out" of Thailand.

Rumour mill and all..............

care to elaborate?

well if bittmaker dude who was on the production team i would also assume is friends with howard says the rumour is false then the answer has been givin and there is no need for elaboration on my behalf, hel_l all these wanna be journo's/plastic police etc etc, they dont tell fibs now do they.

BTITmaker aka Gavin H? :)

and you're quite rightly pissed off at the editing, narration & audio?

The narration & script is woeful.

Welcome to Thai Visa, whoever you are. :D

Thank you. Yes, I think it's fair to say I am. I agree with all your observations. It's a shame, because up until the edit we were managing to please all of the people all of the time. The way the programmes have been edited/presented hasn't done justice to the content, nor the viewers nor - most importantly - Thailand and those who know the place. BTIT was never going to be everybody's cup of tea, but it takes real talent to underachieve to the extent BTIT has considering the access and resulting content. The rot set in with two bad decisions - to slap Thailand so ungratefully in the face with the title ... Virgin Media's decision and contractual right, it would appear, and then to compound this with the content of Episode One. It won't have escaped anyone who's seen the series that all the "good" stuff is in the first three episodes. I learned a new use of a phrase on this production - front-loading is the current buzz word by telly types in London's West End. And there I was possibly threatened with arrest and jail and where was Richard Branson when I needed him? :D