Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

I used to enjoy reading this forum but it has turned into a boring slagging off Howard thread.

It seems like Howard's biggest critics have nothing else to do in life...

Agreed.

Edited by enyaw

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

howards gone awol. cant take the heat mate?? please dont tell me youve rushed home to put on the uniform before you post???

Do you do that Sly Stallone judge dread thing before you go out? you know look in the mirror and roar "I am the law"

You have some serious problems with you fixation on Howard. Maybe, you need to sit back for a while and take a holiday.

howards gone awol. cant take the heat mate?? please dont tell me youve rushed home to put on the uniform before you post???

Do you do that Sly Stallone judge dread thing before you go out? you know look in the mirror and roar "I am the law"

You have some serious problems with you fixation on Howard. Maybe, you need to sit back for a while and take a holiday.

Give us all a break! :)

Give us all a break! :)

Not a fixation on Howard. As I said before, he is the team leader so the questions are directed at him. His team have been thrust into the public eye due to the tv show. They have been portrayed as a group that tourists should feel safe with, and go to if in need of assistance. If there are questions about their integrity and even videos on you tube (one of my posts) Then shouldnt the team leader answer these questions in order to reassure the tourists.

For example my questions about the other guy, who seems to keep getting involved when he is in civilian clothing. (ladyboys and my posted vid)

Have the thai police given them a mandate to operate in civvies? is pepper spray now an approved accessory for them? Why did pc harrison tell that guy when he was in civvies he was 'tourist police'

Any public organisation that helps the general public has to have credibility to be operate or the public will lose trust in them. Mr Millers selective responses lend weight to the fact that they arent a well oiled machine and cant be taken seriously.

Give us all a break! :D

Not a fixation on Howard. As I said before, he is the team leader so the questions are directed at him. His team have been thrust into the public eye due to the tv show. They have been portrayed as a group that tourists should feel safe with, and go to if in need of assistance. If there are questions about their integrity and even videos on you tube (one of my posts) Then shouldnt the team leader answer these questions in order to reassure the tourists.

For example my questions about the other guy, who seems to keep getting involved when he is in civilian clothing. (ladyboys and my posted vid)

Have the thai police given them a mandate to operate in civvies? is pepper spray now an approved accessory for them? Why did pc harrison tell that guy when he was in civvies he was 'tourist police'

Any public organisation that helps the general public has to have credibility to be operate or the public will lose trust in them. Mr Millers selective responses lend weight to the fact that they arent a well oiled machine and cant be taken seriously.

:)

Whistleblower needs either to take a few chill pills or/and a long holiday of some kind. Just repeating himself over and over and over...

Edited by ThaiEye

only repeating cos i have been answered yet!

I agree. I've asked some valid questions too as have others. He is not going to answer because he can not come up with any effective rebuttal.

The rest of the tvp conducted themselves a lot more professionally and to be fair to Howard he can be complemented on some of his actions.

He has an unfortunate attitude problem which is visible as soon as he opens his mouth. He would not allowed anywhere near a police position in the West.

Some people seriously resent being videoed and WILL challenge you. Some would be quite happy to stick your camera where the sun doesn't shine. I did witness one such guy who snatched the camera from a wannabe voyeur and smashed it on the pavement. The sad cameraman picked up the pieces and walked away, not wanting to take the problem any further. I guess he figured a destroyed camera was better than the beating he would have no doubt received.

I'll give you credit, you are persistent., but certainly not consistent in some of the stuff that you have been writing. It's a shame that you have decided to turn this thread into bash Howard. I think he doesn't really need to answer to you any further, as you clearly have no intention of really listening to what he has to say.

Do everyone a favour, and take a holiday - your going to have a myocardial infarction at this rate.

<snip>

whilst I feel this thread has just descended into a lame slagging match, I must admit this video gave me a giggle. nice work. :D

whilst I feel this thread has just descended into a lame slagging match

What ya gonna do about it?

:) what am I gonna do about it? Em, nothing. It was merely an observation.

have a nice day. :D:D:D

Yes, Howard also tried the racist element with complaints to other board mods too..

How do you know that?

Do you have lots of friends who are moderators here? Are you one of the previous banned ones who has just come to life again?

I also found your video quite racist.

Edited by ThaiEye

I never complained about the video to anyone. I thought it was quiet amusing. A little bit pathetic that someone would go to such lengths to attempt to mock me and what I do, but whatever rocks his boat, I suppose.

So how is Korea today pattayaman71 :)

For the record, I did not find your video racist.

Edited by hm1973

Howard.

After all the stick you have taken over this series, Can i ask you would you do it all again?

Also are you worried about lowlifes following you around filming secretly, With the intention of for want of putting it a better way constructive editing?

Sorry everyone, but I have no interest in participating in this thread any longer unless it gets back on track.

Me neither. I was just trying to get answers to the transgressions made by some tvp's. But as the head of the Tvps refuses to answer them its a bit of a non thread.

Mr. Miller, when you have been given the office as a public servant, part of that duty is to allay the fears and or misconcepts they have about that organisation. As the leader of the tvps you should be the one to answer these questions. Burying your head in the sand and throwing your teddy in the corner is not the reaction i would expect from the leader of such an organisation.

Especially as you were so willing to thrust yourself (and organisation) into the spotlight in the first place.

Howard.

After all the stick you have taken over this series, Can i ask you would you do it all again?

Also are you worried about lowlifes following you around filming secretly, With the intention of for want of putting it a better way constructive editing?

I would definetly do it again, but I don't think a similar type of program would be possible as the Thai Authorities were not best pleased with BTIT.

I really don't do much on Walking Street apart from deal with problems and walk around and speak with people, so I would not be an interesting subject of a secret film.

On the street, the reaction to the program has been very positive and even those who think the program is a pile of crap or paints Thailand in a negative light still think that my contribution was interesting and answered a lot of questions about what we do, much of which I am not willing to speak about on chat forums anymore.

Howard.

I would definetly do it again, but I don't think a similar type of program would be possible as the Thai Authorities were not best pleased with BTIT.

I really don't do much on Walking Street apart from deal with problems and walk around and speak with people, so I would not be an interesting subject of a secret film.

On the street, the reaction to the program has been very positive and even those who think the program is a pile of crap or paints Thailand in a negative light still think that my contribution was interesting and answered a lot of questions about what we do, much of which I am not willing to speak about on chat forums anymore.

I don't blame you howard as regards the above. Some people just delight in trying to drag others down to their level.

Not worth arguing with them.

I saw something below someones post forget who it was, But it went like this.

Never argue with an idiot they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Whistleblower - thank you for you personal messages but i am no way related to the Tourist Pattaya cops in Thailand and that includes Howard. I never su** ar** to anyone. And i never been bought beer for any f***** tourist police volunteers.

As for "When you found h**ging from your Pattaya Balcony, is Howard gonna look after it?"

Thank you Whistleblower - go take a chill pill, man

Edited by ThaiEye

And to add: Filming people without their consent is a crime so you are allowed to stop the criminal from continuing their act by physical restraint or dis-armament.

Rubbish :D

RAZZ

Actually Razz Tawp is in essence correct, But there is so many grey areas within thai law that are open to different interpretation. (remember we are talking about filming inside a premise and not outside)

I have raised the issue with a family member ( thai lawyer) for clarification.

Hopefully she will reply soon.

Of course inside would not be legal but outside? HM should know, his "organisatilon" does it all the time :)

RAZZ

Sorry everyone, but I have no interest in participating in this thread any longer unless it gets back on track.

Me neither. I was just trying to get answers to the transgressions made by some tvp's. But as the head of the Tvps refuses to answer them its a bit of a non thread.

Mr. Miller, when you have been given the office as a public servant, part of that duty is to allay the fears and or misconcepts they have about that organisation. As the leader of the tvps you should be the one to answer these questions. Burying your head in the sand and throwing your teddy in the corner is not the reaction i would expect from the leader of such an organisation.

Especially as you were so willing to thrust yourself (and organisation) into the spotlight in the first place.

So true. Maybe he should be a politician? :)

RAZZ

I actually made a post in this thread when episode 1 of the series had first been aired on Bravo and have not posted for ages until now, I've read most of this thread and IMO MR H M you seem to have made a rod for your own back by choosing to answer certain questions and refusing to answer others (cherry picking).

I think the cherry picking is what's got certain peoples backs up on this thread because of your refusal to answer certain questions asked and I think the mistake you made (my opinion) HM is your joining in this debate in the first place as the leader of the Pattaya section, if you come on a public forum as such and post then surely you must have expected awkward questions to be asked.?.

I actually thought your contribution was interesting at times, good and bad IMO and overall the job you and others do is for the good of tourists but you need to be a little harder on the Thai's who steal from tourists instead of feeling sorry for them.