Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote " it comes down to the fact that we are not police officers, and are guided by the Thai police"

Episode 6 part 2 6 mins 59 secs:

"Trust me, trust me, trust me i'm thai tourist police, tourist police"

Tut tut Howard, a bit misleading dont you think???

Nice try. I actually said "I am WITH the Tourist Police, the Tourist Police, I want to help you"

Please stop misquoting me.

There is another part of the scene where I say "......I'm Tourist Police, Tourist Police Assistant, look ....."

As I said....stop misquoting me!

so which one is it?? im not the one misquoting. youve just given 2 answers to the same question!

Quote " it comes down to the fact that we are not police officers, and are guided by the Thai police"

Episode 6 part 2 6 mins 59 secs:

"Trust me, trust me, trust me i'm thai tourist police, tourist police"

Tut tut Howard, a bit misleading dont you think???

Nice try. I actually said "I am WITH the Tourist Police, the Tourist Police, I want to help you"

Please stop misquoting me.

There is another part of the scene where I say "......I'm Tourist Police, Tourist Police Assistant, look ....."

As I said....stop misquoting me!

so which one is it?? im not the one misquoting. youve just given 2 answers to the same question!

Enough of the wind-up, you are making yourself look stupid. Whatever way you look at it, you misquoted me. Apologize and we can forget this even happened.

well thats probably killed that conversation. Shame i was gonna ask you some other questions, about the effect the show has had. like do many people rent jet skiis now (i know scam was from phuket) but pattaya has jet skiis too. or when that TVP guy got done for drugs, what was the overall opinion of the locals toward the TVP and what was the reaction of the thai police? Have there been any clampdowns on opening times/amount of flesh on show due to the programme.

Oh well never mind.

You did keep your cool till the end though.

B&Q (UK) does a toilet seat for 8.98 GBP

Howard's price 1500 THB (30 GBP)

Unless seedy short time rooms have gold taps, marble floors and the toilet seat needed to match the overal superior decor of the place.

Great bargaining powers, I just can't wait to be helped by these guys..

She would have settled for 200 baht, she was scamming anyway..

Well, replacing a toilet seat involves more than just the cost of the raw materials. The labor cost for acquiring it and installing it should be considered too. As for the man, he destroyed private property. It's not like he bought the toilet seat, he destroyed it. I think he got off easy, personally.

not a liar. The full clip says 'trust me, trust me, trust me i'm tourist police, tourist police assistant, look, tourist police okay?'

maybe nitpicking but thats 2 im tourist police and 1 tourist police assistant, slightly misleading for a tourist especially a drunk one.

hats off to you though 2 jobs, alot of night shifts and a late poster too. im shagged after doing 1 job from 9 to 5. either your younger than me, or i havent aged well.

Unless seedy short time rooms have gold taps, marble floors and the toilet seat needed to match the overal superior decor of the place.

Well, replacing a toilet seat involves more than just the cost of the raw materials. The labor cost for acquiring it and installing it should be considered too. As for the man, he destroyed private property. It's not like he bought the toilet seat, he destroyed it. I think he got off easy, personally.

:) gotta be a pi55-take - labour cost for installing a toilet seat???

who in their right mind would call someone in to 'install' a toilet seat???

I did actually think the 1500THB price for a bog seat was a bit over the top when I was watching the episode in question. as mentioned, a seat in the UK is approx 10quid (approx 500THB) so f*cked if I would be shelling out 1500THB for that.

:) gotta be a pi55-take - labour cost for installing a toilet seat???

who in their right mind would call someone in to 'install' a toilet seat???

I did actually think the 1500THB price for a bog seat was a bit over the top when I was watching the episode in question. as mentioned, a seat in the UK is approx 10quid (approx 500THB) so f*cked if I would be shelling out 1500THB for that.

You're missing the point. This isn't normal wear and tear of the hotel's property, and it isn't the hooker's responsibility to fix the hotel's toilet seat. If she had been charged for its repair, you can bet the hotel would have overcharged her too (this is common practice, but it is not the issue here).

You are also looking at this as if no crime had been committed. The john committed vandalism and should be responsible for all costs, and punished appropriately. So, subtracting the cost of the seat (THB 500), he only had to pay THB 1000 for his crime and has nothing on his record. Is that they way it is in Old Blighty too? I'd say he got off easy.

Leave Howard alone.

He seems like a nice person, and he is doing a job which none of you would probably like to do. Because, he may get you one time!!! And perhaps, help you get out of a sticky situation.

The guy that went swimming is classic!!!

Can't wait for next weeks episode!!

I agree leave him alone.

I think it would be a lot worse in Pattaya without the foreign volunteers.

Even if some of the cases we see in looks unfair to us, at least Howard tries to help them within the Thai laws , not an easy task.

Edited by balo

<snip>

Today I heard from the Thai production company that assisted in making the program that the authorities have backed off and decided to view all 8 episodes before they decide to take action or not. I think they may be starting to realize that the show is not out to destroy Thailand and is only a harmless reality show on a small UK cable/sattelite tv channel.

Hi Howard....

Do you think that "The Authorities" are aware that the expats here are very critical of the script, editing and voice over BS?

ie: They should be looking closely at "Allo Vera" in London, and not the cameraman & his field team? :)

no think your missing the point. The series said it was her room. if indeed it was a hotel room, why was a bar girl doing the negotiating?? surely the hotel would have more clout AND would have called the thai police direct!!??

Nope, it's a hotel room. Admittedly it goes by kind of fast, but the announcer says "the tourist has gone all kamikaze, and broken the loo in the girl's hotel room."

(Starting at about 4:17 in episode 7 part 4)

I don't know why the girl didn't get backup from the hotel staff. Maybe she just didn't want trouble with them?

it was in her room as well. do bar girls take guys back to their room? (it was pointed out that apparently he broke the toilet not the seat) F@*k knows how?

Maybe he kicked the shit out of it!!!

'Breakin the toilet' doesn't necessarily mean breaking the bowl, could mean he blocked the plumbing somehow? That is what probably has happened. Rossie O'gradys carvery several bottles of chang lost his nerve made a beeline for the bog and instead of using the bumgun he went and blocked it all up with a copy of the Pattaya Blatt. To make matters worse he's tried flushin and all god knows what is swimming around the bathroom thus the rest of the evening ensues, the next thing he knows he's got a camera crew in his face.

Edited by enyaw

Enough of the wind-up, you are making yourself look stupid. Whatever way you look at it, you misquoted me. Apologize and we can forget this even happened.

Just looked at the clips in question howard and you have being misquoted.

Did anyone notice who was assisting the Brit Derek Moore over his property development predicament at the police station? None other than John Johansen!

He probably had something up his sleeve to help relax the poor man.

Who is John Johansen?

Cheers, Rick

Hi there

I watched the latest episode of Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand on Monday. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew the place hotel and location where the couple who had their passports witheld by the hotel owner and were then forced to pay over the top costs to get their passports back due to a dispute over the facilities i.e. WIFI and othere things I think. I just was curious where this actually occured, I may have missed it as I was severely distracted whilst watching so if anyone know please let me know? We really heard one side of the story so we don't know the facts 100%.

Many Thanks

Dom

Seems like Whistleblower has a Howard obsession.

It seems that the following video has been uploaded on to Thailand's biggest website with more than a 1,000 hits since this afternoon. Can't blame so many hits when it's ranked in the world's top 500 websites (source: Alexa)

JJ Video at Sanook.com

Sources tell me that other leading Thai websites such as Mthai and Manager also got hold of the vid too.

And other sources go on to say that the Big Trouble in Thailand 'Fake Rape' video maybe uploaded too...

Let's see how long it's gonna take Vera Productions to get these vids offline and off Google Search....

wonder if Vera know what "som nom na" means :)

Seems like Whistleblower has a Howard obsession.

:) yup, like its real telly we are watching

quote 'Who is Howard outside of the tourist police?'

Answer: Obviously a nobody who didnt get to dress up as a kid. Someone who has had his fill of pattaya hookers and now gets his kicks by strutting around walking street looking important? who knows.

Since you don't give us your full name and background, I have made up my own for you.

You are a low-income earner, living back in the UK, didn't go onto pursue any higher education, has a job that requires more hands on than thinking (or 'manual labor' as it is called), you live to drink a lot of beer and spend 2 weeks of vacation in Thailand getting really pissed and trying to fondle bargirls that doesn't appreciate it. You have a general dislike of people in uniforms and police and their volunteers in specific. You have been in trouble with the law before but never served time. And you whished you could live here full time with a lot of money, but realise that you will never be able to do atleast the latter.

How does it sound?

Answer: Obviously a nobody who didnt get to dress up as a kid. Someone who has had his fill of pattaya hookers and now gets his kicks by strutting around walking street looking important? who knows.

Since you don't give us your full name and background, I have made up my own for you.

You are a low-income earner, living back in the UK, didn't go onto pursue any higher education, has a job that requires more hands on than thinking (or 'manual labor' as it is called), you live to drink a lot of beer and spend 2 weeks of vacation in Thailand getting really pissed and trying to fondle bargirls that doesn't appreciate it. You have a general dislike of people in uniforms and police and their volunteers in specific. You have been in trouble with the law before but never served time. And you whished you could live here full time with a lot of money, but realise that you will never be able to do atleast the latter.

How does it sound?

That sounds pretty good. :)

How does it sound?

Spot on Tawp. Ten out of ten for observation.

Cheers, Rick

The rape video shows an attempt by Vera Productions to FABRICATE a rape at the Full Moon Party.

The girl in question - an Australian doctor as it happens, her face has been blurred - had fallen off a balcony. At no time did this girl complain of being raped.

The video says 'Evaluation Copy' because I'm waiting for the original software I bought to arrive! So, apologies for that.

But that is a 'final' cut of Ep. 5 that the Series Producer was asked to sign off on. He didn't - he wanted nothing to do with Vera Productions' attempts to invent content, especially when it concerns rape - and he hit the roof.

Vera productions were forced to back down, but evidence of their attempted deception is in the episode broadcast, and available on You Tube. The commentary (on the video it is the "guidetrack" laid by the Edit Producer - the narrator puts his voice on right at the end) states that the girl did NOT press charges. The girl TPV Louise Rawlings is talking about is another Australian girl and she DID press charges. She testified in court the week after the attack - her attacker, who was Thai, was caught. And eventually he was given a ten-year jail sentence, reduced to five because at the last minute he pleaded guilty. So, Vera got this wrong too. Inexcusable considering BTIT's Executive Producer, Dean Palmer, even met the father of the real rape victim who was back in Samui to see justice done for his daughter. And the REAL rape happened on Samui - not Phangan. Notice that Louise is NOT walking on the Full Moon Party beach as the commentary suggests, but at Bophut on Samui.

This was a deliberate attempt by Vera Productions to contrive a rape storyline from an actual rape victim's horrific experience. What beats me is how they thought they'd get away from it if the Series Producer had let them? Too many people in the know: the girls concerned, the father of the actual rape victim, the tourist policewomen volunteers, Vera's Assistant Producer who was there, the Bangkok hospital staff at the FMP who attended - would they all perjure themselves when this came to court? It beggars belief. Vera Productions' excuse for this was an "over creative edit" - that was Executive Producer Dean Palmer's explanation. David Clarke, the Managing Director of Virgin Media, has refused to comment. But Virgin Media Commissioning Editor Lucy Pilkington who commissioned 'Thai Cops' aka 'BTIT' left her job a few days ago.

Over creative edit ..... mmmmmm, with this is mind one can't help but wonder what exactly did go on behind the scenes vis-a-vis JJ and the Thai authorities allegations that all was not quite as it seemed regards the damaged jet-ski incident (??).