Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a little slap on the back gets you excited, wait till episode 4. A big fight erupted at the TP Van and I am in the thick of it, trying to stop everyone fighting!!!! It actually happened in April 2008 and was filmed for the pilot of the show.

Edited by hm1973

If a little slap on the back gets you excited, wait till episode 4. A big fight erupted at the TP Van and I am in the thick of it, trying to stop everyone fighting!!!! It actually happened in April 2008 and was filmed for the pilot of the show.

So there was a pilot Howard? why was it not screened?

I watched some of the last episode in slow motion and it was only a slap on the back you gave the lad, Not the back of the head as some have implied.

HM - is Patters in every episode? I thought episode 4 would be more about CM and Samui?

Why did they include Pat the Ladyboy interview in Episode3? (seems out of place with the whole theme of the show)

I thought I was gonna get a week off next week, but apparently there is one scene with me in it but who knows what will be in the final cut!!!

I watched some of the last episode in slow motion and it was only a slap on the back you gave the lad, Not the back of the head as some have implied.

There was a 15 minute pilot made in April 2008. A lot of the footage from that pilot is in the final program. When you see me wearing a badge on the edge of my shirt pocket and an earpiece for my radio, those shots come from 2008.

I really wanted to bash the hel_l out of him to be completly honest with you. This was the fourth case involving the guy in one night and he was really starting to piss me off even before the "key" incident. I am proud to say that I have never done what the Thai guy did and I hope I never will.

Just to let you know that the guy in red was arrested following the incident and the Tourist Police Officers on duty were repramanded. My action of slapping him on his back was deemed as acceptable considering the circumstances and the previous encounters we had with the guy on the night.

Edited by hm1973

Pilots of these kinds of shows can be used to sell the show to a network, then re-edited into other shows. As they are of multiple stories and not a continuous storyline it's easy to do. The content from the Pilot is probably all or mostly there.

Pilots of these kinds of shows can be used to sell the show to a network, then re-edited into other shows. As they are of multiple stories and not a continuous storyline it's easy to do. The content from the Pilot is probably all or mostly there.

In the case of BTITT, you are 100% spot on!

There was a 15 minute pilot made in April 2008. A lot of the footage from that pilot is in the final program. When you see me wearing a badge on the edge of my shirt pocket and an earpiece for my radio, those shots come from 2008.

I really wanted to bash the hel_l out of him to be completly honest with you. This was the fourth case involving the guy in one night and he was really starting to piss me off even before the "key" incident. I am proud to say that I have never done what the Thai guy did and I hope I never will.

Just to let you know that the guy in red was arrested following the incident and the Tourist Police Officers on duty were repramanded. My action of slapping him on his back was deemed as acceptable considering the circumstances and the previous encounters we had with the guy on the night.

The fact that you come on a public forum like this talking about how you would have liked to 'bash' someone makes a mockery of the volunteer force that you work for. Any officer whether volunteer or not in a real police force would be instantly suspended....

HM - is Patters in every episode? I thought episode 4 would be more about CM and Samui?

Why did they include Pat the Ladyboy interview in Episode3? (seems out of place with the whole theme of the show)

I thought I was gonna get a week off next week, but apparently there is one scene with me in it but who knows what will be in the final cut!!!

just wondering why they keep showing you Howard!!!!! has'nt the penny dropped yet. :)

The fact that you come on a public forum like this talking about how you would have liked to 'bash' someone makes a mockery of the volunteer force that you work for. Any officer whether volunteer or not in a real police force would be instantly suspended....

Agree 100% with you its very unprofessional and in other countries this would lead to an investigation and possible sacking..many instances in the UK from people posting on Facebook who are teachers / police and have been reprimanded or sacked.

However, something inside me makes me smile a little that the Thai guy gave him a few whacks of justice...don't think it hurts when someone is playing up......

Notice how cowardly some of the idiots have got when caught cus they know they are not in blighty and maybe about to receive a few whacks of justice...

The fact that Howard admitted to wanting to bash him has no relevance.

The fact is he did not.

Thinking and doing are two entirely different things.

One more point at least he was being honest.

How many police in your country (if they were really honest) would admit to wanting to do the same thing? Many i think.

I am really getting tired of seeing this sort of character bashing on tv.

What do these volunteers actually do for a living? What is their day jobs?

Most are retired expatriates!

Is Howard 50 years old or older? He is on a retirement visa?

Some of them are clearly not that old.

Also, on the latest episode, the narrator says that Howard is a former DJ. Does that mean that anyone can be a volunteer? I was not aware that DJing was good training for police work.

Also, on the latest episode, the narrator says that Howard is a former DJ. Does that mean that anyone can be a volunteer? I was not aware that DJing was good training for police work.

Up to Howard to reply to your questions......!

^I know that sort things go on in karaoke bars, pay for time with hostesses. First time I heard a bg trying that one on. Makes good tele though - had a good laff.

Yes, and the presenter/production team made another one of their glaring errors when they said that this was the standard way that business is done in Thailand, with referrence to BG"s.

I also laughed when the presenter (more than once) referred to the farang police volunteers as people who were, "drafted in from around the world". It make it sound like the Thai police actively sought out these people in their home countries and recruited them. Of course, many of jnow that's not the case at all. Typical TV productions that take liberties with the truth and sensationalize the not so sensational.

And why the h*ll didn't that bonehead presenter take a few minutes to learn how to pronounce the the locations they were focusing on? This production is not one of Bravo's shining moments.

Up to Howard to reply to your questions......!

And i am sure he will when he finishes his day job. He is chief executioner during the day didn't you know that? :D:):D Howard just couldn't resist it.

Brit you gone and spoilt it lol :D

Edited by cyb

How about backing off on the Howard bashing.

We're lucky to have someone to give us an insight, however small, about what went on during the filming of the series and some background.

Human nature kicks in when dealing with idiots like the Kosovo crim. :)

How about backing off on the Howard bashing.

We're lucky to have someone to give us an insight, however small, about what went on during the filming of the series and some background.

Human nature kicks in when dealing with idiots like the Kosovo crim. :)

Very true GD.

If it had being me instead of howard i would have being very heavy handed with him.

Rather like JJ thesev pseudo macho guys don't think like that. He wouldn't even get to interview stage in the UK

HM....job well done, think you guys are doing a good job on behalf of many.

I also think you should have a better command of the Thai language in such a job though.

Also you need to do something about your photogeniality.....you come across as a knob in still pics, but a reasonable and gentle guy in video.

Cheers.