Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

What a daft suggestion that Howard has been kicked out of Thailand!!

Nonsense, the bloke has a life like the rest of us.. So he's gone for his honeymoon and I hope he has a great time.

I notice there is a message on pattayaone news stating that his news empire is taking a week off.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back and married. Roll on Episode 6. I just hope they "keep it real". Gavin's comments worry me a bit!

Welcome back Howard.

Hope everything went without a hitch, Best wishes for you both in your future life together.

Howard get booted out of Thailand ??

Your source is?

Well, for starters the only other raw/uncut video available for viewing at bigtroubleinthailand ... just take a look from 1:35 and tell me if that's not precisely the same audio as when JJ produces the gun? Except at that point the Marines were trying to prevent a fight between JJ and one of the Marines. I know because I was there. The source is the horse's mouth. I like my reality as real as it possibly can be - for any number of reasons but especially because it can result in the arrest of people, as we have seen, and because you the viewer - yep, even Bravo viewers - deserve better. And I think Thailand should be treated fairly too.

I wasn't asking that, I was asking another poster where he gets the rumour that Howard was booted out of Thailand?

confused by punctuation? the bold squiggles up top seem to me to be question marks, usually denoting a question rather than a statement.

confused by punctuation? the bold squiggles up top seem to me to be question marks, usually denoting a question rather than a statement.

The statement is actually a question.

He is asking whether Howard has been kicked out of Thailand, hence the ??

The anomalies of the English Language.

I'm still here, just took a few days away from the Internet to get married.

Congratulations Howard.

Keep up the good work mate.

I can't understand the hostility by certain people towards some entity that actually wants to do some good.

If there was not TPV, I wonder how many Farangs would complain that the Thai police cannot deal with Farangs and should have some translators and mediators.

Many people bitch and whine, but, if they had a problem and had limited Thai language skills, they would be very happy if the PTV could step in and help them.

I can't understand the hostility by certain people towards some entity that actually wants to do some good.

Thanks Maigo6 for the nice words.

You may not understand the hostility but I don't care about it, never have, never will. There are some really nice people on these chat forums, and I have made new friends thanks to this and other forums but have also encountered some pathetic individuals but that is the nature of chat forums and is why we all log on each day.

Congratulations Howard.

Keep up the good work mate.

If there was not TPV, I wonder how many Farangs would complain that the Thai police cannot deal with Farangs and should have some translators and mediators.

Many people bitch and whine, but, if they had a problem and had limited Thai language skills, they would be very happy if the PTV could step in and help them.

Why have you quoted a nest of three previous quotes that have no bearing on criticism of the Tourist Police and then go on to criticise the detractors of this thread and in so doing, cast a misleading shadow on the related quoted posters.

If you are going to paraphrase me, get the context right.

Edited by Mossfinn

The thing is this.................................

all you people bitching about the work Howard and his team do, he actually invites you to join him on Walking Street.

Would you be prepared to give up your free time to help other people ?

If you had a problem on walking street, would you rather see a friendly face that can help you out, or would you rather battle it out with the local Thais ?

Believe me chaps, the local Police don't want anything to do with Farang problems on walking street, it's too much paperwork, if you get really drunk and land up at the tourist police van in walking street, those lads will look after you to the best of their ability.

Or

You can take your chances on your own, with no help at all.

I know what I would rather do.

Why have you quoted a nest of three previous quotes that have no bearing on criticism of the Tourist Police and then go on to criticise the detractors of this thread and in so doing, cast a misleading shadow on the related quoted posters.

If you are going to paraphrase me, get the context right.

Moss, is that aimed at me ?

Sorry mate, I only wanted to respond to Howards post.

My impression as well, single shot hanging out of a window of a driving car, aimed at the tire of another driving car and bingo...

Heck, even in the movies they need several shots to get the tire out!

The Hummer vehicle was a pick-up model was it not? Then you can stand in the back which makes for easier shooting.. Though you'd have to hold on tight during a chase of any kind..

The 'shot' is never seen (just a sound-effect from either of the two cuts around the time-frame it 'happens') and I doubt the tires are actually shot out.

Can anyone re-view a HD version of the broadcast and see it any tires seem to be deflated?

Watched episode 5 in its entirety......

Couple filming in a gogo - looking for a mate's wife? That's got to be one of the most full of sh*te stories I've ever heard. Just happen to be independent film journalists BTW. :D Then they are whinging because they cant have their tape back!! (everyone knows you dont film in those places) Lucky their camera wasnt smashed as well as a good kicking.

Full Moon muppets... who in their right minds plays with fire like this especially when you are legless? :D Also why on earth would you bring all your valuables to one of these parties... stupid bird loses her passport, id, creditcards, dosh, mobile phone ect. :D

Indian lads - didnt like the show so they wanted a discount? :D

Drunken pissheads - not wanting to pay their bar bins? :D

SWAT Team - fk me again this is the most silliest group in Patters. What SWAT team in the world goes out on stolen car chases or actively patrols the streets? :duh: I swear I'd have to think I was watching a hollywood movie than smth real - this group is a complete embarrassment. :):D

Howard - I applaud you on your patience and how really well you deal with all this rubbish. I'd prob want to find a wall and bang my head against it on a regular basis.

Edited by britmaveric

As a 34 year old English guy who's lived here for over 5 years, my overriding sentiment at watching this show is one of embarrassment at witnessing so many drunken British people behaving so poorly in Thailand.

IMO, it should have been the UK government, not the Thai government, who should've tried to stop this show going out on air - a national embarrassment at our binge drinking culture.

Cheers

Edited by Jim's_a_Thai_Fox