American Football

rmicheald

The UBC schedule has the upcoming American Football games on channel 40 (ASN). Does anyone know which bars, clubs, restaurants etc might be showing them on a regular basis? Can't make the day showing as I work, but the evening ones I would like to see.

Thanks,

Micheal

The UBC schedule has the upcoming American Football games on channel 40 (ASN). Does anyone know which bars, clubs, restaurants etc might be showing them on a regular basis? Can't make the day showing as I work, but the evening ones I would like to see.

Thanks,

Micheal

I know that 'Rich Man Poor Man' has ASN. It's a largely American bar/restaurant, with an American owner, Eddy. He's pretty cooperative about the TV. I think he'll gladly have NFL games on there for you. (And you can also get a wide choice of American style foods from the extensive menu.)

It's located on Soi 9, off Jomtien Beach road. (Family Mart on the corner.) Customer parking available in the back.

Edited by patsfangr

Thanks,

Micheal

I know that 'Rich Man Poor Man' has ASN. It's a largely American bar/restaurant, with an American owner, Eddy. He's pretty cooperative about the TV. I think he'll gladly have NFL games on there for you. (And you can also get a wide choice of American style foods from the extensive menu.)

It's located on Soi 9, off Jomtien Beach road. (Family Mart on the corner.) Customer parking available in the back.

Thanks... Do you know how late he stays open? The games seem to be scheduled for 17:00 - 20:00 and 23:00, so I would like to find somewhere that would stay open for the late games if it is one of particular interest to me.

Thanks,

Micheal

Thanks... Do you know how late he stays open? The games seem to be scheduled for 17:00 - 20:00 and 23:00, so I would like to find somewhere that would stay open for the late games if it is one of particular interest to me.

I'm not sure about the late game. He'll certainly be open for the 17:00 game. You could go for that, and check with Eddie about the 23:00 game. I THINK it will be OK; but I'm just guessing on that. I go there for lunch a couple of times a week from WAY over here on the Darkside. It's worth the trip for the American food!

Thanks,

Micheal

Interesting .. what kind of american style foods? Like burgers and hotdogs or what?

Thanks,

Micheal

Interesting .. what kind of american style foods? Like burgers and hotdogs or what?

Not the thread for a lot of description of the food. I'll just say that I highly recommend the place to anyone who enjoys food prepared as it is in restaurants in the American northeast. Eddie is from New York (not in the city); and was in the restaurant business there for many years. In general, you can get breakfasts, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, steak, and other things, all prepared, as I described. If that suits your taste, try the place. If you prefer European style, stay with your favorites.

go Bills! (go easy on us Patsfangr, it's national TV! :)

The Patriots are notoriously slow starters, especially defensively. Belichick's defensive schemes are the most complex in the game. When they have a lot of changes on the D, as they do this year, it takes a while for them to get it all working in sync. Add to that the return of Brady after a year off, and it adds up to a very big challenge for the first couple of games.

They do get a bread with Marshawn Lynch out on suspension. But, of course, the Bills have added a serious threat with Owens at WR.

I expect a very tough game for the Patriots, with no guarantee of a win.

not shown in many places because its rubbish

Is there some rule that requires at least one richard cranium like this to reply to any thread about anything American?

My question is what level of UBC must you have in order to get ASN. I have gold and it is currently scrambled.

Is there some rule that requires at least one richard cranium like this to reply to any thread about anything American?

My question is what level of UBC must you have in order to get ASN. I have gold and it is currently scrambled.

For reasons I fail to understand, TrueVisions provides ASN on the SILVER and the PLATINUM packages; but NOT on the GOLD package, which, of course, is more expensive than the SILVER package!

(As for the Brit troll, apply the always appropriate internet rule for such people - ignore him. Trolls thrive on annoying people.)

They do get a bread with Marshawn Lynch out on suspension. But, of course, the Bills have added a serious threat with Owens at WR.

i'm excited to give Freddie Jackson the start in lieu of Lynch. not so worried about the run game. our real threat will be Lee Evans. we're hoping the focus will be on TO and Evans can produce a Pro Bowl worthy season.

heck, i just want to get a playoff game. a wild card game will do...

i'm excited to give Freddie Jackson the start in lieu of Lynch. not so worried about the run game. our real threat will be Lee Evans. we're hoping the focus will be on TO and Evans can produce a Pro Bowl worthy season.

Yes, Fred Jackson is a solid player. He lacks Lynch's speed and moves; but he can definitely provide a steady running game. I agree about Owens presence giving Evans a lot more opportunity than was the case when he was the only deep threat on the team. As I said, the Bills will be tough.

Think about using torrents if you don't always want to go to a bar to see the games. It usually means seeing the games a day after they've been played, but I've been doing this with NHL games for years. I don't mind waiting a day.

For NFL, try a site called, tenyardtorrents.

Edited by Beacher

After many shots I finally got logged onto my UBC site and it looks to me like ASN consists of many sports channels (same as last year with 2 new ones) and comes with gold and platinum levels, but only TrueSport 2 comes with the silver level, but when dealing with UBC one never knows. If they still subscribe to that crap ESPN China affiliate we won't get Sunday or Monday night games. Can't believe the cheap Stabards won't pay for ESPN International. Wonder if a email campaign would work to get them to change it?

Gold Listing:

* ASN

* TrueSport 1

* TrueSport 2

* TrueSport 3

* TrueSport 4

* TrueSport 5

* ESPN

* Star Sports

* TrueSport Extra 1

* TrueSport Extra 2

After many shots I finally got logged onto my UBC site and it looks to me like ASN consists of many sports channels (same as last year with 2 new ones) and comes with gold and platinum levels, but only TrueSport 2 comes with the silver level, but when dealing with UBC one never knows. If they still subscribe to that crap ESPN China affiliate we won't get Sunday or Monday night games. Can't believe the cheap Stabards won't pay for ESPN International. Wonder if a email campaign would work to get them to change it?

Gold Listing:

* ASN

* TrueSport 1

* TrueSport 2

* TrueSport 3

* TrueSport 4

* TrueSport 5

* ESPN

* Star Sports

* TrueSport Extra 1

* TrueSport Extra 2

I'm curious ! I have UBC Gold and have had it for 2 years+. How do you get ASN ?

I don't.

:)

You have to have the platinum package. If you look at your tv guide on the tv and find ASN it shows "plat" in front of it.

You can forget your dream...........Dallas Cowboys will win the Super Bowl this year!

The problem is that in Thailand they would rather show ping pong on TV than American Football.

Think about using torrents if you don't always want to go to a bar to see the games. It usually means seeing the games a day after they've been played, but I've been doing this with NHL games for years. I don't mind waiting a day.

Thanks for the information.... I download a lot of movies so that will give me something else to do instead.

Gold Listing:

* ASN

* TrueSport 1

* TrueSport 2

* TrueSport 3

* TrueSport 4

* TrueSport 5

* ESPN

* Star Sports

* TrueSport Extra 1

* TrueSport Extra 2

I'm curious ! I have UBC Gold and have had it for 2 years+. How do you get ASN ?

I don't.

I figure what the listing is saying is that all of the channels listed below "ASN" (All Sports Network, I think) come with your package. I guess the ASN handle is just a new promotional tag. I have had the Gold pkg. for 2 years as well and have always gotten all of those listed except the 2 "extra" channels. The listing on the UBC web site does not explain what the "extra" ones are.

Thanks for the information.... I download a lot of movies so that will give me something else to do instead.

Unfortunately, the govt. has stepped in: Pirate Bay was just shut down.............the rest will no doubt soon follow.

Unfortunately, the govt. has stepped in: Pirate Bay was just shut down.............the rest will no doubt soon follow.

the pirate bay was back up by nightfall. thePB gets shut down often. i've never used Pirate Bay and it's completely unneeded even if it were to go down for an extended period of time. there are a plenty of torrent sites that exist.

Gold Listing:

* ASN

* TrueSport 1

* TrueSport 2

* TrueSport 3

* TrueSport 4

* TrueSport 5

* ESPN

* Star Sports

* TrueSport Extra 1

* TrueSport Extra 2

I don't.

I figure what the listing is saying is that all of the channels listed below "ASN" (All Sports Network, I think) come with your package. I guess the ASN handle is just a new promotional tag. I have had the Gold pkg. for 2 years as well and have always gotten all of those listed except the 2 "extra" channels. The listing on the UBC web site does not explain what the "extra" ones are.

Guys, ASN is a separate network, just as ESPN is. It is provided with the PLATINUM and the SILVER packages; but NOT with the GOLD package. I don't have any idea why they have it on the cheaper SILVER package, and not on the GOLD package; but that's how it is.

None of the programming from the other channels that 'track61' listed is on ASN, and vice-versa. ASN is strictly North American (mostly American) sports programming.

Gold Listing:

* ASN

* TrueSport 1

* TrueSport 2

* TrueSport 3

* TrueSport 4

* TrueSport 5

* ESPN

* Star Sports

* TrueSport Extra 1

* TrueSport Extra 2

I don't.

Guys, ASN is a separate network, just as ESPN is. It is provided with the PLATINUM and the SILVER packages; but NOT with the GOLD package. I don't have any idea why they have it on the cheaper SILVER package, and not on the GOLD package; but that's how it is.

None of the programming from the other channels that 'track61' listed is on ASN, and vice-versa. ASN is strictly North American (mostly American) sports programming.

Whatever network ASN is, the list of Truesport channels shown above under the notation "ASN" was cut and pasted from the UBC website in what is included in the Gold Package and Platinum Package. Go to what is included in the Silver Package the only channel highlited is TrueSport 2. What is in which seems pretty clear to me. As I said I have had gold for more than two years and have always had TS 1 thru Star. TrueSports Extra1 & 2 are now airing promo's for all kinds of sports. UBC had an update about two weeks ago and that is probably when these 2 channels were added as I had to reset my favorites the next day. The ASN network may include hundreds of channels but UBC is airing these 9 as "ASN" and they are in the gold and plat. pkgs with only 2 in the silver one. If this is not the case then the advert on their website is well screwed up, even for Thailand.

The real issue for me is that UBC still won't pay for ESPN Int'l which airs all the regular ESPN stuff(Mon. nite FB) and many events from other channels(like ABC Sun nite FB, NCAA's (last year while INTL's aired games starting with round 1, our ESPN showed replays of the Big 10 cheerleading championships), real MLB not just the Yankees). UBC CHOOSES to buy ESPN China which shows no NFL, college BB, only the Yankee network, (even no premier league football which ESPN does Intl does) and mostly crap. To me this is absolute BS when I am paying almost 1600 baht/mo for service. I would be interested in knowing what percentage of gold and plat. level subscribers are farang. Anyone have an idea how we can find this out? This number MAY effect how UBC reacted to receiving a bunch of email bitching about it.

Whatever network ASN is, the list of Truesport channels shown above under the notation "ASN" was cut and pasted from the UBC website in what is included in the Gold Package and Platinum Package. Go to what is included in the Silver Package the only channel highlited is TrueSport 2. What is in which seems pretty clear to me. As I said I have had gold for more than two years and have always had TS 1 thru Star. TrueSports Extra1 & 2 are now airing promo's for all kinds of sports. UBC had an update about two weeks ago and that is probably when these 2 channels were added as I had to reset my favorites the next day. The ASN network may include hundreds of channels but UBC is airing these 9 as "ASN" and they are in the gold and plat. pkgs with only 2 in the silver one. If this is not the case then the advert on their website is well screwed up, even for Thailand.

The real issue for me is that UBC still won't pay for ESPN Int'l which airs all the regular ESPN stuff(Mon. nite FB) and many events from other channels(like ABC Sun nite FB, NCAA's (last year while INTL's aired games starting with round 1, our ESPN showed replays of the Big 10 cheerleading championships), real MLB not just the Yankees). UBC CHOOSES to buy ESPN China which shows no NFL, college BB, only the Yankee network, (even no premier league football which ESPN does Intl does) and mostly crap. To me this is absolute BS when I am paying almost 1600 baht/mo for service. I would be interested in knowing what percentage of gold and plat. level subscribers are farang. Anyone have an idea how we can find this out? This number MAY effect how UBC reacted to receiving a bunch of email bitching about it.

Several people with Gold have said that they, in fact, can NOT get ASN. I have Platinum (I have no life, and watch a lot of TV!); so I can't directly comment on the comparison of Silver to Gold. However, the TrueVisions T V Guide lists ASN ONLY in the 'Premiere Extra' magazine that accompanies the standard magazine. It shows it as channel 40, for the Platinum and Silver packages. I watch ASN regularly, and can assure you that it is showing the programming that is listed CORRECTLY, today, on the ASN website schedule. Check this page: http://www.asn.tv/eng/scheduling090826.html

What is frustrating to all of us is that neither TrueVisions nor ASN can't seem to coordinate the information on all of their various sources. The schedule in the magazine is WRONG; as it is every month for at least a few channels. The schedule shown on the TrueVisions web schedule page (http://www.truevisionstv.com/trueworld.asp...pk=0&mode=3) is also WRONG, today, showing the same schedule as they have in the magazine. That is NOT always the case. There have been some days when the ASN website is WRONG, and the TrueVisions website has it RIGHT. I can't figure out what the he_l they're doing! Right now, 'NFL Total Access' is on, as shown on the ASN website.

I'm finding that the best bet is to tune in to ASN, see what's on, then check the online schedules at ASN and TrueV to see which one is right TODAY! :-)

The bottom line for me is that I still LOVE the new network (ASN). We have much more access to American sports now than ever before in Thailand. We'll have both NFL and NCAA football, as well as NFL Network's "news and information" shows. Then we'll get NHL games when that season starts. Despite the schedule confusion, that's GREAT news!

• 3 weeks later...