Koh Samui To Penang By Ferry And Train

perkie173

Hey guys.

Me and the boyf have got to go on a visa run before the 6th September. We have been looking into going to Penang and are thinking about spending a week there. I have been looking online for train and ferry times from Samui to Penang but I am getting seriously confused. Can anyone please help me out? All I seem to be able to find online is blogs from people who have made this journey. If the information is not online does anyone know if there is anywhere in Samui where we can book this (no doubt at inflated costs). We have left the planning really late so I am forever in your debt if you can help.

Kind Regards

Laura

Penang and Samui are islands with no trains to them. Search Butterworth and Surat Thani.

Also be aware Penang is not providing tourist visas to those who have extend tourist visa stay in Thailand currently. For sure tourist visa issue KL is a better option.

http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp

Edited by lopburi3

We have a one year non immigrant O visa and this is our first visa run that we are doing. Would Penang be likely to not renew this then? If that is the case we might be better going to Kuala Lumpar as you suggest.

We are currently on Koh Samui doing scuba diving courses and so are trying to make the visa run as cheap as possible as until we have completed our training we are living off our savings. I had a look at going to Langkawi too but there are so many stops on the way my boyfriend is uncertain about doing this.

Has anyone on here done a visa run from Samui? What would you suggest would be the cheapest way?

If you have a multi entry non immigrant O visa that provides 90 day stays you do not need to do anything but cross the border and return. If you want to vacation in Penang that would be a good train trip and doable. You would not have to visit consulate as you already have visa and on return (as long as multi entry and valid) you will get a new 90 day entry stamp.