Faulty Goods Discovered

lazyblueskies

Hello to you all

I purchased a some new mobile phones from the Pantip Plaza in Bangkok from Mr Cellular about 10 days ago before returning to the UK.

One of them just does not work. We have tried different chargers and so n but nothing makes charge. It is a Mind Phone A808 (pink) with the Imei 353328018015980. Unfortunately we do not have the contact details of the people we bought it from. They are on the ground floor to the left of the stairs in one of the booths. They will remember us because we also bought the Ferrari phones.

It was a gift for a friend and we just do not know what to do.

Could someone please help us by getting an email address or maybe advising us what is best to do? They were lovely people and really helpful and Im sure they will swap it for us but we dont know how to contact them.

Thank you and we really loved our time in Thailand.

It is nearly impossible to get an exchange on faulty goods while still living in Thailand

Once you have departed so has your need for them to remember you

Your best chance is to find the manufacturer and put in a complaint

I wish you luck

You have my sympathy for your predicament but why didn't you TRY the phone before parting with money. You surely wouldn't go into the market at home and make such a costly purchase without making sure it did what its supposed to do?

That Thai smile doesn't mean the vendor is honest.

With the exception of the supermarket every item I have ever purchased in Thailand has been tested after I have selected it and before it leaves the shops, even light globes would you believe. I thought that all retailers did this or is it just Kanchanaburi?

Anyhow as the others have said I don't like your chances of getting it swapped, maybe you could search the Internet for the makers contact details and try and go direct. Any faulty item would be returned to the manufacturers anyhow, Do you still have the receipt? You will need this and the guarantee I think for any result.

Could someone please help us by getting an email address or maybe advising us what is best to do? They were lovely people and really helpful and Im sure they will swap it for us but we dont know how to contact them.

Please tell me you are not serious.

Hello to you all

I purchased a some new mobile phones from the Pantip Plaza in Bangkok from Mr Cellular about 10 days ago before returning to the UK.

One of them just does not work. We have tried different chargers and so n but nothing makes charge. It is a Mind Phone A808 (pink) with the Imei 353328018015980. Unfortunately we do not have the contact details of the people we bought it from. They are on the ground floor to the left of the stairs in one of the booths. They will remember us because we also bought the Ferrari phones.

It was a gift for a friend and we just do not know what to do.

Thank you and we really loved our time in Thailand.

Thai traders love folk like you, it aint like home you know.

It is nearly impossible to get an exchange on faulty goods while still living in Thailand

Once you have departed so has your need for them to remember you

Your best chance is to find the manufacturer and put in a complaint

I wish you luck

My wife (who is Thai) has the same opinion as you. I also my mother when she was here, often went back to a shop with faulty goods and we always got an exchange and always very friendly.

It might not happen at the tourist places but my experience is very good.

They will exchange faulty crap sometimes but its a battle a real battle of wits, bluffing and no backing down....

The miserable old tight Chinese owner of my local dvd exchanged a faulty dvd last week i purchased from her..

It did take over 30 minutes of examining the brand new disc so she could find the fault that i had caused between opening the case and placing it into my player :)

I didn't give up and stood there arms folded in the i'm not moving stance and after more tuts and shakes of her head...result

She relented in the end and now i check my discs in the shop before leaving...

Sorry OP me tinks you've lost your dough...but 10/10 for effort...

Try emailing a local Wat the monks are always in the plaza :D

Edited by sanook2me

You have my sympathy for your predicament but why didn't you TRY the phone before parting with money. You surely wouldn't go into the market at home and make such a costly purchase without making sure it did what its supposed to do?

That Thai smile doesn't mean the vendor is honest.

Markets at home have return policies as they are concerned with maintaining your ongoing use of their services and not just the cash that may fall into their hand at any nefarious expense.

<br />
<br /><br />Simply not true in my experience.<br />

If you return the goods within 7 days, still with the original packing and receipts then they will exchange faulty stuff.

After 7 days it's down to the manufacturers warranty to fix.