Evaluate My Photo

lifeincnx

Ahhhhhhhhhh Thank you 'NomadTad', :)

Looks like a photo that I would have taken and posted on here :D with the rich colours that you got in this photo.

Kin'ell sharp as well, shame me Oly E-3 Kan-not take photos as sharp as yours. Must be the cheap lens that I have. :D

Well done and once again 'Thank You' for your great photo

Taken on the way to Baan Wang Tan off Hang Dong Road in Chiang Mai

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Ahhhhhhhhhh Thank you 'NomadTad', :)

Looks like a photo that I would have taken and posted on here :D with the rich colours that you got in this photo.

Kin'ell sharp as well, shame me Oly E-3 Kan-not take photos as sharp as yours. Must be the cheap lens that I have. :D

Well done and once again 'Thank You' for your great photo

Taken on the way to Baan Wang Tan off Hang Dong Road in Chiang Mai

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Thanks Kan. Virtually every day I am awe-struck by this setting as I drive to and from home. The ever changing lighting, clouds, majestic Doi Suthep backdrop and crop growth paints a picture of serenity, yet it is just minutes from the chaos that is Chiang Mai. My lens (or is it my eye) just can't do it justice.

I love the Black and White. The contrast and the make it really stand out. The colors are just too artificial and are much too bright for the approaching storm when the lighting is failing. I am beginning to develop an appreciation for many photos to show a little more than a hint of color. For example may I show this suggestion....

.post-41235-1251333724_thumb.jpg

I seem to have messed up the great sharpness. Since these are two Photoshop layers with the opacity lowered on the top layer, it seems there is a quick command for aligning the two layers. Does any one know ?? I just can't remember..

Great picture.

I love the Black and White. The contrast and the make it really stand out. The colors are just too artificial and are much too bright for the approaching storm when the lighting is failing. I am beginning to develop an appreciation for many photos to show a little more than a hint of color. For example may I show this suggestion....

.post-41235-1251333724_thumb.jpg

I seem to have messed up the great sharpness. Since these are two Photoshop layers with the opacity lowered on the top layer, it seems there is a quick command for aligning the two layers. Does any one know ?? I just can't remember..

Great picture.

Interesting but it seems you have introduced additional noise into the image. I would have approached it using a curves adjustment layer and bland mode but there are so many ways to arrive at the same point. After years of using Photoshop (started with PS 6) I now tend to use it less for manipulation and more for retouching and enhancement. Not sure why a duplicate layer should be out of alignment, but if you have have CS3 or above there is an 'auto align layers' command under the 'edit' menu. If not, another somewhat more tedious way with just a couple of layers is to create a new document and drag each layer to it holding down the 'shift' key (PC version) which centers each layer horizontally and vertically within the canvas.

While playing with your picture and trying different ways to add a hint of color - i discovered that there is no way I can improve such a beautiful picture.I've enlarged it and examine it closely and you should be congratulated on such a fine photo.

Thanks for submitting it.

Tom aka jukapot

While playing with your picture and trying different ways to add a hint of color - i discovered that there is no way I can improve such a beautiful picture.I've enlarged it and examine it closely and you should be congratulated on such a fine photo.

Thanks for submitting it.

Tom aka jukapot

Thanks a lot Tom though much of the kudos should go to the optical glass in my Canon 24-105mm f/4 lens (a real heavy mother to lug around on these hot Chiang Mai days).

• 4 weeks later...

I liked it because it is a rather high-contrast situation that you managed to keep inbounds, so to speak. Not sure if you were just lucky or really talented...but I'll say talented. In terms of being dramatic, the B&W is more so...and I say that as a person who is not a big fan of B&W photography. In the color shot, I liked the contrast of the orange roofs, and you still got quite a variation in the sky.

Edited by phetaroi