Has The 2009-2010 Flu Vaccine Arrived In Cm

hmficc

Wife and I are returning to Nepal for a month. It is not a place to be sick . I learned that last year. They are giving this year's flu shot in the USA. Are the offering 2009-2010 flu vaccine in CM yet? Got it at Ram last year but it was twice the US price. It was Sanofi vaccine so seemed OK. I also want to Get hep A & B as I never did get those done correctly. Who might offer a better price?

Any information or funny comments might help.

Thanks

There is already a waiting list and a priority list for the H1N1 strain. First, hospital/care staff, then pregnant women and then people who work with HIV clients. If there is any left (which I doubt), you can sign up. There are several hospitals and clinics in the city that are accepting names now.

There is already a waiting list and a priority list for the H1N1 strain. First, hospital/care staff, then pregnant women and then people who work with HIV clients. If there is any left (which I doubt), you can sign up. There are several hospitals and clinics in the city that are accepting names now.

Good to know. I had the flu while in high school. It made a fan of the shots.

We had the 2009 flu vaccine at McCormick Hospital at 645bt/shot

I might be wrong but I think it is normal flu vaccine not the 2009 a H1N1

It has no protection to the current outbreak of the new strain.

BTW, there are a lot of kids at international school by Saraphi side got infected at the moment.

:) Yes I am talking about the 2009 seasonal flu vaccine - which is the subject of this thread - and NOT the H1N1 variant known as mexican or swine flu

The seasonal flu is believed to offer some degree of protection to mexican flu although by no means total protection. The seasonal flu includes a cocktail of about 5 different flu varieties, one of which is another variant of the H1N1 virus

For further information you can refer to relevant threads in the Swine flu sub-forum of the Thaivisa Health Forum

:D Yes I am talking about the 2009 seasonal flu vaccine - which is the subject of this thread - and NOT the H1N1 variant known as mexican or swine flu

The seasonal flu is believed to offer some degree of protection to mexican flu although by no means total protection. The seasonal flu includes a cocktail of about 5 different flu varieties, one of which is another variant of the H1N1 virus

For further information you can refer to relevant threads in the Swine flu sub-forum of the Thaivisa Health Forum

:) The WHO talks about the 2009 vaccine mix for the southern hemisphere and the 2009-2010 mix for the nothern hemisphere as being the latest. Last year Ram gave me the 2008-2009 vaccine mix (or not).

So are they giving the newest stuff in CM and which mix is it?? anybody know? I do not want to get 2008-2009 again.

:) The WHO talks about the 2009 vaccine mix for the southern hemisphere and the 2009-2010 mix for the nothern hemisphere as being the latest. Last year Ram gave me the 2008-2009 vaccine mix (or not).

So are they giving the newest stuff in CM and which mix is it?? anybody know? I do not want to get 2008-2009 again.

I am pretty sure that ours was marked "2009 vaccine for the southern hemisphere" - that was back in May 09

This is what I found out today. The vaccine for the yearly Flu that is used here is Nothern Hemisphere 2009-2010.

Ram: out- has a wait list

Lanna: out- did not ask about wait list

Sriphat out- has wait list

Rajavej: out- no wait list

For those of us over 60 the seasonal flu would seem to be a greater risk than the swine flu as we seem to have some amount? of immunity.

Cheers :)

Thats one of my worries to get my family vaccinated or not , I read many

awful stories about the possible side affects , not sure if it does any good for you ,

especially with the swineflu , what are your thoughts on this ?

There seem to be special dangers with the swine flu for younger people and pneumonia caused by a hyperreaction to the virus. Read up on the web and use your best judgement. :)

Agreed, I would not risk myself and my family for the vaccine that have not had a safety test done properly.

Take chances on getting the flu A H1N1 and have immunity is better than getting the new vaccine and have its complication for the rest of my life.

Agreed, I would not risk myself and my family for the vaccine that have not had a safety test done properly.

Take chances on getting the flu A H1N1 and have immunity is better than getting the new vaccine and have its complication for the rest of my life.

No, what I was saying that as you are a Senior Expat you my well be immune but not your kids. A small number of the kids do die from the AN1H1. So think hard before passing on protecting them.