Has An Era Come To An End?

fw1

So after 10 years it seems as if someone other than Man.Utd or Arsenal is going to win the Premiership. Interestingly, both of the aforementioned have been knocked out of the Champions League in the same week yet we still have two representatives in it. So is this the end of an era?

Arsenal still seem too tightfisted to be able to exert dominance over the league, hence their inability to win back to back championships and Man.Utd seem to rely on too many average players these days. They still look like they miss Beckham and Schmeical. Keane, Giggs and Scholes can't go on for much longer. Can't help but wonder whether Arsenal and Man.Utd have now lost their monopoly on the Premiership.

Next season will be interesting. United going into their 3rd season without a title. Arsenal, as ever, trying to regain the title, Chelsea playing teams that want to beat them more than ever. Can anyone see anyone else challenging for the title over the next season or two? Or are United and Arsenal going to get their act together and blow everyone else out of the water?

Any predictions?

I know people have been saying it for the past decade near enough but i think Liverpool are almost there, ther spaniards they have brought in are performing well and with Cisse, Kewell and Baros fully fit and also Garcia and Morientes they have a good strike force. Gerrard is key though they need him to stay.

If they can hit 4th spot this year and maybe get to the semis of the champions league they will go into next season full of confidence.

I know people have been saying it for the past decade near enough but i think Liverpool are almost there, ther spaniards they have brought in are performing well and with Cisse, Kewell and Baros fully fit and also Garcia and Morientes they have a good strike force.  Gerrard is key though they need him to stay.

If they can hit 4th spot this year and maybe get to the semis of the champions league they will go into next season full of confidence.

I tkink as soon as Gerrard moves over to Chelsea,that's gonna kick your theory into touch,although I cannot think of a better team to share the mantle with Chelsea,except perhaps Newcastle or Boro. As well as that, in the coming seasons and the next world cup and of course the next Euro, the boys from the bridge are going to form the nucleus of Sven-Goran's plans. Imagine,five or six players from the same successful club and England could or rather will become great again. All we need is a decent Goalie. Our 3 most recent came from the bottom four clubs in the Premiership and two of those were relegated. :o

I can remember when i was a kid in the early 80´s and England had a pretty good team mainly beacuse they had the nucleus of the Liverpool team, If they are going to match that again they will need to get 5/6 English players at Chelsea.

Im a neutral with the Premier league (i support lowly Swansea) but i just hope Gerrard doesnt go, the top teams need to try and keep there assests.

A potential problem with Chelsea amassing the best of the English players, though, is if Eriksson continues to fail to deliver the goods. Mourinho would surely become the logical replacement for him. Can't see Eriksson staying on past 2006 if England don't do well at the World Cup this time around.

A potential problem with Chelsea amassing the best of the English players, though, is if Eriksson continues to fail to deliver the goods. Mourinho would surely become the logical replacement for him. Can't see Eriksson staying on past 2006 if England don't do well at the World Cup this time around.

Thinkmaybe Mourhino's put his football boot into it now though

Exeter City now has a Brazilian player - but as they are in the Vauxhall Conference now, its hard to see them making much of an impact.

I always have my fingers crossed for Torquay United, but it looks like they will not be a contender for serious honours until some rule is imposed about foreign players. (I remember when even Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa were a novelty).

So that leaves Yeovil Town as my pick.....

Exeter City now has a Brazilian player - but as they are in the Vauxhall Conference now, its hard to see them making much of an impact.

I always have my fingers crossed for Torquay United, but it looks like they will not be a contender for serious honours until some rule is imposed about foreign players. (I remember when even Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa were a novelty).

So that leaves Yeovil Town as my pick.....

So that was Saurons secret in Mordor......................He had Tin mines

People where saying that about the Welsh rugby team to, dont support Liverpool but would be nice to se them competing again they have a better chance of being there than any of the others, Newcastle are still a defence away from performing week in week out.

Just waiting for Doug Ellis to be carried out of Villa Park in a box. Once that happens and we get someone who is prepared to open his wallet a bit more we will dominate.

However I would be happy just to beat the blue scum once in a while :o

• 3 weeks later...
I think Sunderland should give Chelsea a good run for their money next season. Yep, it's Sunderland's turn to win the league again.  :o

No Sorry Sunderland you are wrong READING are going to win the Championship this season, the the Premier League next year and the seson after that the Champions League, with players like Petr Chek, David Beckham, Sol Campbell Rual and Les Ferdinand, it would only be a fool that would bet against us, Sir Alex is enjoying a new lease of life at the club, and is winning Cup After Cup.

Well thats what my Championship Manager Game says :D

Bartenter, although I admire you're bright outlook and will of iron determination- its no real surprise that you beat Man U (and I LOVE it)

But I think a place in the Champions League would be the best you could hope for

LOL,but I can dream.

Actually as strange as it seems,the way the last games fall for bottom clubs we are still in with a shout.

I can't believe ESPN had 67% to 33% possession in fav of man u,they were not in the game 2nd half despite have Rooney, Ronalda, nistleroy and smith up front. They really miss Keane

I think Sunderland should give Chelsea a good run for their money next season. Yep, it's Sunderland's turn to win the league again.  :o

No Sorry Sunderland you are wrong READING are going to win the Championship this season, the the Premier League next year and the seson after that the Champions League, with players like Petr Chek, David Beckham, Sol Campbell Rual and Les Ferdinand, it would only be a fool that would bet against us, Sir Alex is enjoying a new lease of life at the club, and is winning Cup After Cup.

Well thats what my Championship Manager Game says :D

READING the wrong script again

Great result for Norwich this weekend...doesnt look like Man U will be dominating like they did during the 90's. Can see anyone else dominating the premiership except Chelsea! With their unlimited budget they can just keep buying up new talent as it emerges..

...although i am sure the mighty THFC will be challenging soon enough!