General Isaan Expat's Age ?

bailly

Isaan expat age groups  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm 47 and my wife is 42, we live in a small village in Buri-Ram province. I work in Iraq but go home every 3 or 4 months... I've taken time off and stayed for 6 months at a time. We have a couple of small business's and a nice house. I personally love the peacefulness of the isaan. The family only comes around when we want them around and don't nose in or ever ask for anything. I've spent time in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket and wouldn't want to live anywhere near those places. Nothing wrong with them; just not my lifestyle or pace. I can only handle a day or two of them when I travel and that's only when we have business there.

In my recent and brief two day foray / expedition to the Udon Thani - Nongkai area, I only saw only *two* Foriegners that were younger than me ( I'm 40 ) .

I saw one guy around his late 20's walking though the Udon Day Night beer bar hall - and all the ladies there suddenly were creaming and swooning as if he was Nichkhun Horvejkul himself!

One other guy I met on the bus on the way to Nongkai, he was also in his late 20's - but he was from Chiang Mai! :)

Seems like the expat community in this part of Thailand are mostly retired old folks....

Edited by Narachon

One I saw one guy around his late 20's walking though the Udon Day Night beer bar - and all the ladies there suddenly were creaming and swooning as if he was Nichkhun Horvejkul!

I meant to say , " Screaming "...... Freudian Slip...... :)

I deleted a couple of posts from last night that were apparently songsam induced and perhaps said some impolite things. The perpetrators know who they are and I'm sure it won't happen again. :)

Looks like you've hit a couple yourself there cdnvic. :D

One I saw one guy around his late 20's walking though the Udon Day Night beer bar - and all the ladies there suddenly were creaming and swooning as if he was Nichkhun Horvejkul!

I meant to say , " Screaming "...... Freudian Slip...... :D

It works both ways, :D

The bad thing about this poll is it makes me wish I'd found this place sooner! :)

Dave

My boys are 4 and 6 so they are younger than you. :D And are fairly fluent in Thai, English and the local Issan Lao provided they want to talk to you.

I wish I found Issan manyyears ago too but then I would not have a younger wife than either! :) SWMBO is 11 years my junior.

If Surin/Issan is the armpit then you my friend really are not that well traveled. But then the armpit is not nearly as bad as the crotch or toe jam. :D

Eric

I didnt vote as im not from Isaan and its really of no consequence to me and none of my business..

Still, id be interested to know the average age of the thai wives of these over 50 farangs

:D

So is it more of your business to know how old the thai wifes are of these over 50 farangs ?

:):D:D

hehe, I do see the irony there, but ive noticed others here seem quite interested too

MY excuse is that im looking for something positive to look forward to when i hit 50.. :D

As the twilight years approach one has to assume the heart will start to faulter at some stage, and so it may be wise to stick to one fulltime female partner..

Makes me wonder though, how young can your partner possibly be without facing the risk of massive heart attack three times a day. :D

I moved to Korat at 24, 3 years ago. The misses is just over a year older than me and we have 2 kids.

Plenty of younger people in Korat, mainly teachers but there are a few of us who are here with wives and kids.

I moved to Korat at 24, 3 years ago. The misses is just over a year older than me and we have 2 kids.

Plenty of younger people in Korat, mainly teachers but there are a few of us who are here with wives and kids.

I,m not a teacher but I do consider myself to be ,,,well,,, on the far side of young at 44.

Wife and two kids alive and kicking in Korat,, thank you very much.

I just turned 27 last week..oh dear getting! old been living in Korat for two years in between deployments wife is same age, Love Issan great roads for jumping on my road bike and trying to break the speed of sound!! But miss the beach also! currently in Bkk going to a very nice Uni!