General Isaan Expat's Age ?

bailly

Isaan expat age groups  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, the vote looks a bit skewed toward the 56 and up group. See what you have to look forward to? :)

Ha I don't mind how old people are, I am just interested to know how many people are my age ! so far I am the youngest falang in Isaan ! :D

Basically, Isaan is one big retirement home for the farang. Kinda like Eastbourne, but without the sea.

I lived up in Surin from 26-31 years of age and never once met anyone (farang) younger than me. Generally people live there because they have little other choice. It's the armpit of Asia.

The worrying thing is that I can't wait to return. The Isaan people are sooooo much nicer than the rest of the Thais, as long as money is not involved with the friendship.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Well, the vote looks a bit skewed toward the 56 and up group. See what you have to look forward to? :D

Ha I don't mind how old people are, I am just interested to know how many people are my age ! so far I am the youngest falang in Isaan ! :D

I didnt vote as im not from Isaan and its really of no consequence to me and none of my business..

Still, id be interested to know the average age of the thai wives of these over 50 farangs

:)

I didnt vote as im not from Isaan and its really of no consequence to me and none of my business..

Still, id be interested to know the average age of the thai wives of these over 50 farangs

:)

Sort of off topic but i'm 23 and my girlfriend is 32, So for all the people that have wife's younger than them there is some of us with girlfriends and wifes older than us !

:D

So is it more of your business to know how old the thai wifes are of these over 50 farangs ?

:):D:D

She was a waitress but now she is translating for english lessons !

Nice one. Just remember you are a good catch mate. A 32 year old 'waitress' doesn't often catch a young 23 year old wipper snapper such as your self.

I don't know what 'translating for english lessons' means. But I guess you mean like a class room assisttant.

Good weekend mate,

GFL.,

Nice one. Just remember you are a good catch mate. A 32 year old 'waitress' doesn't often catch a young 23 year old wipper snapper such as your self.

I don't know what 'translating for english lessons' means. But I guess you mean like a class room assisttant.

Good weekend mate,

GFL.,

Yes "classroom assistant" would be the correct wording, thanks mate have a good weekend also !

"wipper snapper" think that is the first time I have been called that ha.

been a few sarcastic comments about us oldies in Isaan, my first wife was from a tiny village near Mukdaharn she was 19 Iwas 23, but that was in 1965 before the US invasion, we live in aus now but still spend at least 6 weeks ayear in the village, quite a few of the british soldiers who served in isaan from 63 to 68 married real village girls who had never left their villages until they got married, so remember some of the wrinklies you see in Muk and surrounding towns , with a bevy of beautiful girls could be me orone of the mates with the grandkids :)

Generally people live there because they have little other choice. It's the armpit of Asia.

So you have been to Manilla/Bihar in India/etc/etc. then?

Isaan= the arm pit of Asia,, come on its a great place........I,m 44 by the way.

Edited by soihok

Basically, Isaan is one big retirement home for the farang. Kinda like Eastbourne, but without the sea.

I lived up in Surin from 26-31 years of age and never once met anyone (farang) younger than me. Generally people live there because they have little other choice. It's the armpit of Asia.

The worrying thing is that I can't wait to return. The Isaan people are sooooo much nicer than the rest of the Thais, as long as money is not involved with the friendship.

What a dork!!!! :) You should open your eyes and visit some other parts of Issan. Some are very nice and certainly knock the stuffing ut of "Sin City" or "Bangers".

As for having "little other choice" - what planet do you come from? The majority of us are here because we CAN afford to BUY property and land (in oue partner's/company names) we CAN afford to own a car or two without finance, and we CHOOSE to live here to get away from from the "Muppets" wh are for ever complaining about anything they can.........

Hi

Since I left Eastbourne FOR Surin,Isaan, I think I can say with some conviction Greekfreaklover... "Thats B@llocks,mate, believe me Eastbourne is a lot worse!" :):D

I am fairly well travelled and love my life here in Surin. I had a choice and believe I made the right one.

Sure, most of the guys are a bit older than me but <deleted>, I enjoy meeting allsorts from allsorts of countries.

Must go for my afternoon nap now :D

Dave

So I guess that makes Bangkok (where you live) the ars*hole or crotch of Asia, does it not?

So I guess that makes Bangkok (where you live) the ars*hole or crotch of Asia, does it not?

Sorry guys, it's just one persons point of view. And I did go on to say that Isaan folk are very friendly.

I have travelled all over Asia - India, Nepal, Pakistan, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore. But I'll stick with my guns.

Thousands of Thai people are trying to get out of Isaan everyday whilst hundreds of farangs are being sucked into the place.

Bangkok is the arshole of Asia. The crotch is Pattaya.

I am just wondering about the different age groups of expats living in Isaan, I am 23 years old and have not met anybody under 33 !Not sure as to high I should go, so I will stop at 80 :)

Hi Bailly.

I'm just wondering if a Poll is possible to include the Farangs age vs his Thai wife/partner's age?

I was thinking of a graph with Height (Farang age) vs Range (age difference of Thai wife/partners).

Range values might be (<15 years, < 10 years, < 5 years, < 1 year, no gap, > 1 year, > 5 years, > 10 years, > 15 years, > 20 years, > 25 years, > 30 years, > 35 years, > 40 years, > 45 years, > 50 years.

A third variable could include the wealth/income of the Farang.

Maybe we could complicate things a little further by including the longevity of the marriage/partnership.

We could end up with a very interesting table.

Do we have any statisticians here?

Edited by rockyysdt

I am just wondering about the different age groups of expats living in Isaan, I am 23 years old and have not met anybody under 33 !Not sure as to high I should go, so I will stop at 80 :)

Hi Bailly.

I'm just wondering if a Poll is possible to include the Farangs age vs his Thai wife/partner's age?

I was thinking of a graph with Height (Farang age) vs Range (age difference of Thai wife/partners).

Range values might be (<15 years, < 10 years, < 5 years, < 1 year, no gap, > 1 year, > 5 years, > 10 years, > 15 years, > 20 years, > 25 years, > 30 years, > 35 years, > 40 years, > 45 years, > 50 years.

A third variable could include the wealth/income of the Farang.

Maybe we could complicate things a little further by including the longevity of the marriage/partnership.

We could end up with a very interesting table.

Do we have any statisticians here?

Somebody may want to correct me but I believe you can have 3 questions each with up to 20 answers, you could do the questions separately but I don't know how you would work out who said what in each question if you get my jist.

Somebody may want to correct me but I believe you can have 3 questions each with up to 20 answers, you could do the questions separately but I don't know how you would work out who said what in each question if you get my jist.

Four questions would be great.

I wonder what the resulting Table would look like?

Just curious GFL.

What pulled you in to Isaan?

I personally don't mind the LEO beer, but I prefer it refrigerated & served in cold glasses.

I find the ice dilutes it too much although it's good for maintaining hydration.

Edited by cdnvic
removed quote from deleted post

Good topic.

23 hey. Good on ya mate. I'm 34 and the wife is 23.

As for being sucked in. Not everyone. The wife and I have a car and a house paid for. Nothing to do with the family.

They are welcome to use my car and stay over at any time though (not for too long) :)

Edited by longstebe

Just curious GFL.

What pulled you in to Isaan?

I personally don't mind the LEO beer, but I prefer it refrigerated & served in cold glasses.

I find the ice dilutes it too much although it's good for maintaining hydration.

What pulls young hetro men to most places? Women or money. For me it was both. My ex was from Isaan and it was somewhere that I could work with small overheads.

Oh, I would love to keep typing but I have to go play football with my son.

Cheers everyone,

GFL.

I'm 64 and my wife is 41. I have been in Thailand many years and totally burned out on the bars and nightlife. I even got sick of walking on the beach. Fortunately my wife has a house in Loei province and it is a scenic area. I still have a condo in Jomtien but cannot imagine ever living in it again. The farang ghetto for me got VERY boring. I have plenty to do up here and boredom is no longer a problem.

ADDED - I have been up here more than 5 years and have no desire to live elsewhere.

Edited by Gary A