Tat Refuse Gay Travel Agent License

wowpow

Gay-specific promotions and advertising for businesses are also more important because of the "invisibility" problem that gays have- unless we come out and specifically announce we are gay (and therefore would appreciate non-homophobic treatment) we tend to get lumped with the straights, and when people start up with the f****t jokes it's left to us either to make waves by raising an objection or feel bad inside because we didn't.

Of course, I've never heard of a gay business that turned away straight money- feel free to support gay business, straights (you can hardly avoid doing so in Thailand, anyway)!

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...
When possible I will ALWAYS patronize gay friendly businesses.  Whether it is a travel agent, hotel, or doctor.  It has nothing to do with sex.  I prefer to do business with people that are like minded, sensitive to my needs, and not bigots.  What is wrong with that?

In my mind nothing. Anyone should have the right to patronise whatever business they want to. However, if someone stated that they would always patronise "straight friendly" or "white friendly" businesses based purely on them being exactly that, I'm sure a lot of people would have problems with those statements. There seems to be a lot of such reverse bigotry/racism around.

To me anyone have a right to think, say and do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's right to do the same. That includes racists and chauvinists. The fact that I disagree with them gives me no right to try to censure them, even given the fact that my opinion is of course the only correct one :o

Belonging to a discriminated against minority in my mind doesn't justify reverse discrimination, but I realise that it's easy for me to say that, seeing that in most ways I am part of the majority.

Not trying to offend anyone here, just stating my personal opinion, live and let live.

Sophon

I am sure you just aren't thinking this through with the "gay mindset"

As a farang you want to go to places tyhat are appropriate for farang ... (most anywhere in Thailand ... but certainly not everywhere)

As a gay man you want to go to hotels where you and your gay partner (whether for the night or for your life ...) will be treated with respect etc. (Again not a problem in Thailand if you check in as a couple ... usually)

But simply gays CAN be different. We want a travel agent that knows the cool places to hang out. We want to go on tours that don't have 17 screaming children on them etc etc etc etc....