Medical Examination For Retirement Extension

I'm doing some forward planning.

Prices for a certificate for the Immigration people when applying for retirement extension seem to range from Bumrungrad's massive 380 B to a quoted 50 B.

Does anyone know a lower-priced small (BKK) clinic that would supply the requisite document, cheaply?

Actual examination not a must-have :)

You do in several places; but not in Bangkok. As poster seems to be upcountry not sure why he is asking about Bangkok (or why 50 baht seems expensive). If from Khon Khen he can not do extension in Bangkok.

Khon Kaen is the in-laws. At present am in Munich, till end of January, when Thai wife and I will be making the permanent move.

I had thought of doing a course in Thai language at a school in Bangkok, so would be expecting to have a Bangkok address at the time of application. This is flexible, though.

So I have to make the application for extension at the nearest Immigration office to where I am staying at the time of application, if I understand correctly.

Since I am arriving (hopefully) with a non-imm O of 90 day validity I should apply after 60 days, at which point I may be still on "vacation".

Seems best to get a room in Bangkok on arrival so as to establish a permanent address.

Thread should move to Thai visas I think.

If married you should be able to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa to take care of up to 15 months with only 90 day border runs required if you are not sure about the study method and just want some breathing time. Stuttgart would easily issue.

This is the TV member who wouldn't give you a nod in Tesco's, see some of his previous!, so do not cut him too much slack.

Yes 300+ Baht for a medical, sounds good to me :)

OK next time you get a deep wai; how do I recognise you?

OPs previous thread about his plans is posted here to keep the topic on track.

Thank you.

50+ and British nationality.

I want to make a first time extension after arrival with a 90 day visa.

I did get the impression that a med certif was required, from previous reading here.

Thank you.

I did get the impression that a med certif was required, from previous reading here.

A few immigration offices in Thailand require a medical certificate. Bangkok immigration does not require one. Nong Khai immigration (which covers Khon Kaen area) does not require one either. I am not sure where you plan to live when you arrive in Thailand, but you will have to apply for your extension of stay at the immigration office in the area that you are living in.

Edited by thaiphoon

OPs previous thread about his plans is posted here to keep the topic on track.

Thank you.

You also qualify for an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. Income is is 40K or 400K in the bank for 2 months.

Medical certificate is not required for extension or at immigration offices that you might use.

I'm doing some forward planning. Prices for a certificate for the Immigration people when applying for retirement extension seem to range from Bumrungrad's massive 380 B to a quoted 50 B.

Does anyone know a lower-priced small (BKK) clinic that would supply the requisite document, cheaply?

Actual examination not a must-have :D

what a rip off! :)

The only occasion I was required to show a health certificate was on applying a work permit.

Different rules might apply at some Immigarion offices but Bangkok does not require a health certificate!

BTW you can obtain that certificate (a yellow paper with green print) for 50-100 Baht at any clinic.

Don't mix up clinic with hospital. They charge more!

If you 're in any doubt, why not just nip along to any old clinic and get one for B50? It takes 1 minute and you don't even have to see a doctor!! Peace of mind for B50 and a trip to a local clinic (on every street corner).

Immigration always seem to ask for that piece of paper you thought they'd never ask for!! Remember your boy scouts motto......

BE PREPARED!!

You tell them that Immigration Order 305-2551 says it is not required

2.22 In the case of retirement: Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or

4. Funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.

Source: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a77473-...305-2551-d.html

So this makes 5 immigration offices that want the medical that I know of.

I'm doing some forward planning.

Prices for a certificate for the Immigration people when applying for retirement extension seem to range from Bumrungrad's massive 380 B to a quoted 50 B.

Actual examination not a must-have :)

Medical certificate is no longer required by Immigration for a retirement extension. Only for a Thai drivers lisence, and it is 50 Baht at any lcal Doctor. No examination required.

Barry

Koh Samui Immigration Office, did not require Medical Letter, when I renewed my Retirement Visa... :) She said "No Need"

I should have checked first, but at least I knew I was still alive after seeing the Doctor!

They were much more interested in the letter from the bank, & how long the money had been sitting there, doing not much! ! :D