Sleeping On The Couch

desi

Any suggestions where to find a fairly inexpensive but comfortable mattress for a king size bed?

Pratnum market...

Thanks weasel. I'm actually going looking tomorrow, starting at the bc as I'm interested in what is on offer grocery wise [first time] so I'll swing by pratnum if I can find it.

desi

• 2 years later...
Can you find futon mattress in bangkok ?

Maybe in one of the Central stores...

Try Chidlom or Bang Na first... they seem to have a farily extensive range of all home goods.

For a futon mattress, try Bangkok Futon, their email address is www.bangkokfuton.com. It's locally made and looks to be very good quality.

AlexD

Bangkok

Insanely ixpensive! 30k for a wood frame and a futon? in Thailand?

Try MBK on the 5th (?) floor where all the furniture shops are. There are a couple of mattress stores there. My advice, splurge a little – you spend 1/3 of your life on a mattress, get good ones.

I bought a decent King Size one from a small furniture store in the Khlong Toei area for 4500 baht, i've seen loads of similar small stores all over the place that sell home furniture and would recommend one of those over a dept. store or MBK as they will negotiate and will also sort out the delivery there and then no hassles!

Pratnum market... would be a good place to start.

Edited by Paulbangkok

I had the same problem a few years ago when I was living in rented apartments that had cheap Thai mattresses that felt llike they were made from plywood. I was waking up sore and stiff every morning.

I bought a proper Sealy spring matress at Robinson's for less than 10,000 bt (queen size) and put it on top of the Thai mattress. Soooo comfortable, and wake up feeling fine every day.

I agree with Furbie- when you consider that you will spend a third of your lifetime sleeping, a decent mattress is a good investment!

Just realised this thread is from 2005 <deleted> ???

<deleted> is right.... I didn't catch it either.

Probably a case of the newbie AlexD dragging it up from obscurity because he has some interest in the 30,000 THB futons at the URL he posted.

Edited by bino