Mitsubishi Pajero Jr

Yesterday, I saw a small SUV which I thought at first was a Suzuki Vitara but it turned out to be a Pajero Jr a small SUV (Japanese built) probably imported into Thailand at least 10 years ago.

My wife is completely taken by it and now I am making initial enquiries into availability in Thailand of used models.

They must be quite rare since I can't recall ever seiing one before on Thai roads.

Any pointers?

Cute car, I know almost nothing about them, but there are a few for sale on "one2car.com"

Search for pajero and you will find some JR, seem to cost around 500.000 for what they call 2008 models, but that may be the year of registry in Thailand, they look older.

Tommy

1998 was the last year. They looked good, but didn't sell well. Mits Oz never brought them here and no one is bringing them in as a grey import. Body parts will be a problem me thinks....unless the Thai breakers have plenty in their yards. Do you research before you part with the moola!

Think they are called PININ

Yes the link is not far from me, in the last 6 months or so there has been 3 different ones that I have seen around this area..

These are very cute and 1.1 lt engine, about 2 months ago there was a green 1.8 PINN, same shape but bigger, it was a 2004 and priced at 625,000 baht.

There was also one closer to me the other side of Bang Yai, White over dark Blue, said on the sides 1800 Sports 675,000 baht, it sold fast 2 weeks ago

Hi Ignis, they changed the name of them to Pajero iO, yes? Like, in the custom car or 4x4 mags Jr seems to be out of favour in the last several years?

Sorry no idea, the one I looked at up close and the one I was driving behind both said 'Pajero Jr' on the back