Warning, Moulin Rouge Russian Bar

DonTron

Yesterday at walking street someone stuck a "Buy 1 Get 1" ticket in my hand outside a new place called Moulin Rouge

It is a new bar with Russian girls located 200 meters down walking street on the right side.

I went up the stairs and into a very dark red room with around 8 Russian dancers, 5 Thai bartenders and me as the only costumer. I sat down to watch the dancers and ordered one Heineken.

2 minutes later the waiter came back with a bill of 260 Baht?!?! and insisted I paid it before I could get my beer. Ok, I never tried that one before. Anyway I paid the bill and got my beer, and found out that the "Buy 1 Get 1" ticket I received 4 minutes ago outside their door, was no longer valid.

After 5 minutes a pretty rough looking Russian dancer came over and started crawling on me. I found her pretty repulsive so I told her (nicely, with a big smile) "no thank you, I only want to sit and watch the show". She snarled at me and told me the rules said "you cannot refuse a dancer and you must pay her some tips" - so I pulled out 60 baht from my pocket and tried to tip her. Again she snarled and once again told me the rules were "you can only tip 100 baht, and its better when you tip more than one bill". I told her nicely that she should explain the rules before she climbs uninvited on me and starts dancing which totally ticked her off making her shout "YOU IDIOT! THESE ARE THE RULES OF MOSCOW! EVERYONE KNOW THEM!"

With those words I got up, got out, and left the nice Russian girl with my 260 Baht Heineken.

So now I know the rules, and one thing I learned from that experience is… I am NEVER going to Moscow :):D:D:D

Edited by DonTron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Could be worse, you could actually be russian, i did see somewhere a poll of the most unpleasant tourists and russians topped it.

How do these hideous creatures get work permits, if a western guy ( or more realistically an Aussie )was working behind the bar wouldn't they have the fuzz on there case ?

Yesterday at walking street someone stuck a "Buy 1 Get 1" ticket in my hand outside a new place called Moulin Rouge

It is a new bar with Russian girls located 200 meters down walking street on the right side.

I went up the stairs and into a very dark red room with around 8 Russian dancers, 5 Thai bartenders and me as the only costumer. I sat down to watch the dancers and ordered one Heineken.

2 minutes later the waiter came back with a bill of 260 Baht?!?! and insisted I paid it before I could get my beer. Ok, I never tried that one before. Anyway I paid the bill and got my beer, and found out that the "Buy 1 Get 1" ticket I received 4 minutes ago outside their door, was no longer valid.

After 5 minutes a pretty rough looking Russian dancer came over and started crawling on me. I found her pretty repulsive so I told her (nicely, with a big smile) "no thank you, I only want to sit and watch the show". She snarled at me and told me the rules said "you cannot refuse a dancer and you must pay her some tips" - so I pulled out 60 baht from my pocket and tried to tip her. Again she snarled and once again told me the rules were "you can only tip 100 baht, and its better when you tip more than one bill". I told her nicely that she should explain the rules before she climbs uninvited on me and starts dancing which totally ticked her off making her shout "YOU IDIOT! THESE ARE THE RULES OF MOSCOW! EVERYONE KNOW THEM!"

With those words I got up, got out, and left the nice Russian girl with my 260 Baht Heineken.

So now I know the rules, and one thing I learned from that experience is… I am NEVER going to Moscow :):D:D:D

I was once reprimanded by Thaivisa for jaded comments concerning a couple of Russians who stole a Thai's new motorbike helmet outside the Pattaya police station after receiving a ticket for no helmet and then there is the story of 3 Russian lads found naked in a car all having sex with each other near Sukhumvit Soi 3 and off course the gunning down of 2 Russian girls on the beach in Pattaya. I am am sure their are many more tales of Russian weirdness. So nothing surprises me concerning Russians. With the economy crashing in Russsia I am sure Thailand we see more "Russian Stories" concerning there "vacations" in LOS. A footnote. I am sure not one of those Russian girls have work permits for Thailand. I am sure there is a reason why the place in not raided by Thai immigration.

• Thanks 1

This is why a lot of people only walk in walking st and never go into any clubs or bars.

The pricing is getting a bit ridiculous for Thailand......and add a heavy dose of attitude

and you have good reason to avoid walking st.

No wonder soi bukeow is becoming a more popular area.

This is a real pity. Thanks for sharing.

Walking Street is going the way of the gullible tourist-traps of Soho, London, where you get shaken down for 50 quid for a warm beer and faceful of tit for ten minutes.

This is why a lot of people only walk in walking st and never go into any clubs or bars.

The pricing is getting a bit ridiculous for Thailand......and add a heavy dose of attitude

You both must be going in the wrong bars then! There are several bars & gogo's in WS that offer low/ reasonable prices without any shakedowns, everyone knows that the russian bars are a con.

:)

This is a real pity. Thanks for sharing.

Walking Street is going the way of the gullible tourist-traps of Soho, London, where you get shaken down for 50 quid for a warm beer and faceful of tit for ten minutes.

You both must be going in the wrong bars then! There are several bars & gogo's in WS that offer low/ reasonable prices without any shakedowns, everyone knows that the russian bars are a con.

Yes you are right about the Russian bars being a con and that there are still some good bars in Walking St.

Nonetheless the longer you stay in Pattaya you do get a bit jaded with the attitude in Walking St. and you tend to only go to Walking St occasionally. YMMV

I saw 2 nasty looking Russian girls outside Moulin Rouge handing out these 2 for 1 flyers. I just kept walking once i realised it was a Russian place with SCAM written all over it. I would never consider stepping foot in one these rip off joints similar to the upstairs bars found in Patpong.

I rarely go to WS cos it's such a tourist trap but when i do go, i have about 5-6 regular places i go where i get looked after without the fear of being scammed.

Had the same exact thing happen in galaxy a couple of years ago. Fat chick plops down on me and I told her no thanks, she wants tip and I told her no. She said the bouncer will beat me up if I dont give a tip, I said up no tip and she went to get him. Big guy comes back, looks at me, I smile back at him and he leaves. What a rip off joint. I had a thai girl with me at the time too, she was the one that wanted to see it.

Don that really sucks. I didn't mind paying the digit for a living dolls club when I was single - but they never burned me on what they were offering. Besides that who wants a Russian girl when a Thai girl is so much cheaper & accepts most tips graciously. Not a good start for this business. Tubular & not meaning the Tubes band. It will go down the crapper quickly with that attitude. :)

Don that really sucks. I didn't mind paying the digit for a living dolls club when I was single - but they never burned me on what they were offering. Besides that who wants a Russian girl when a Thai girl is so much cheaper & accepts most tips graciously. Not a good start for this business. Tubular & not meaning the Tubes band. It will go down the crapper quickly with that attitude. :)

Galaxy the other Russian clip joint beside Polo Go Go has been going for years so the new one could also last .Its a shame as they are just the same a thieves .

when i do go, i have about 5-6 regular places i go where i get looked after without the fear of being scammed.

Do you care to share the name(s) of these '5-6 regular places'?

Roxy, Casanovy, X-zone, Windmill, NLD1 are usually visited and i will occassionally go into Beach club, Shark club and Heavens above.

when i do go, i have about 5-6 regular places i go where i get looked after without the fear of being scammed.

Roxy, Casanovy, X-zone, Windmill, NLD1 are usually visited and i will occassionally go into Beach club, Shark club and Heavens above.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback.

some of the shark club girls are a little sensitive, I suggested one go with me for free the other night (as a joke of course) and she went ballistic

Good tip. Are these all in Walking Street?