March 13, 200521 yr I just got a "BAck-up" dvd version of Far cry..after it installs succesfully, and all the requirements are met....drivers updated etc...the following error message apears... FarCry.exe-unable to locate Component This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem... The menu of the game appears but the play title is not highlighted.....Anyone know what to do...or should I just frisbee it over the neighbors wall??
March 13, 200521 yr You can re-install it as much as you like and I don't think it will work. When it happens to me, same words appearing- it usually means that my Video Graphics card is not up to snuff for that particular game. Put it in a drawer and one day, after you have upgraded your computer -play it then.
March 13, 200521 yr One way to fix this problem would be to download the file MSVCP71.dll You can find a copy at: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71 It's only a small runtime file (131.8kb) and should be placed in the same folder as FarCry.exe Which will probably be in C:\Program Files\FarCry (or something similar) Just copy and Paste.
March 15, 200521 yr Author ...Well it help start the game...however after I copy/pasted the missing dll files....The game was full of glitches and wouldn't go past the options screen....I have had this problem with the Direct x 9.0 c download......It says it downloads on my system but..it doesn't...This has happened with several recent games...Anyone know where to actually get the proper Direct x 9.0 c download... I downloaded from Microsoft download site....but it doesn't install..???
March 15, 200521 yr Have you downloaded "DirectX 9.0c Redist" file? That way you get the whole directx file and can install it yourself.
Create an account or sign in to comment