Far Cry..problems!

pluto_manibo

I just got a "BAck-up" dvd version of Far cry..after it installs succesfully, and all the requirements are met....drivers updated etc...the following error message apears... FarCry.exe-unable to locate Component

This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem...

The menu of the game appears but the play title is not highlighted.....Anyone know what to do...or should I just frisbee it over the neighbors wall?? :o

One way to fix this problem would be to download the file MSVCP71.dll

You can find a copy at:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71

It's only a small runtime file (131.8kb) and should be placed in the same folder as FarCry.exe Which will probably be in C:\Program Files\FarCry (or something similar) Just copy and Paste.

...Well it help start the game...however after I copy/pasted the missing dll files....The game was full of glitches and wouldn't go past the options screen....I have had this problem with the Direct x 9.0 c download......It says it downloads on my system but..it doesn't...This has happened with several recent games...Anyone know where to actually get the proper Direct x 9.0 c download... I downloaded from Microsoft download site....but it doesn't install..??? :o:D