Wireless Mobile Broadband?

tc4mez

Any telco company offering this? Internet on the go? A wireless modem plug in via usb & one can access to the internet via the laptop anywhere in thailand? Or something similar? I'm not sure if anyone can understand this but in Singapore we have a usb adaptor with a sim card in it & we can access to the internet when we plug that small unit into our laptop

Edited by tc4mez

I have a FOX EDGE Wireless modem that I bought here in Thailand at a book shop Model Fox Edge 700 It takes a sim card and works rather well anywhere in Thailand I use an AIS sim card as I remember I paid around 1500 baht

thanks for the recommendation, will go get one thx...

regards,

chzin

CAT has a CDMA EVDO option -- plugs in to the USB port. I use mine only in CM, and believe it will NOT work everywhere in Thailand, due to some proprietary issues.

CAT is a brand? Thai sim card are CDMA? I'm using a true top up card right now have yet to subscribe to their gprs function yet...

I also have a CAT cdma aircard that plugs into my USB. I bought it in Phuket and it works fine here in Chiang Mai also

cdma & gsm is different right? we can't use a gsm sim card on the type of cdma aircard that you are using right? hmm so I have to get a cdma sim card?

Yes I dont use a simcard with my CAT CMDA. To be honest I don't even know what one with a simcard is :s, I'm fairly clueless.

The one I have (as far as I know) is a cat cdma usb device that works everywhere in Thailand except Bangkok. it costs 8k baht to buy (6months ago) and has a monthly charge of 800 baht.

Yes I dont use a simcard with my CAT CMDA. To be honest I don't even know what one with a simcard is :s, I'm fairly clueless.

The one I have (as far as I know) is a cat cdma usb device that works everywhere in Thailand except Bangkok. it costs 8k baht to buy (6months ago) and has a monthly charge of 800 baht.

What are the download/upload limits for your 800 Baht per month--also, what sort of speeds are you getting--how reliable is it?? Also, when you say you can use it in Chiang Mai--does that mean everywhere, or just around the town centre??

Sorry for the deluge of questions but it sounds quite interesting--at least compared to TT&T Maxnet.

What are the download/upload limits for your 800 Baht per month--also, what sort of speeds are you getting--how reliable is it?? Also, when you say you can use it in Chiang Mai--does that mean everywhere, or just around the town centre??

Sorry for the deluge of questions but it sounds quite interesting--at least compared to TT&T Maxnet.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/EN/ Ais Super 3G - This is being advertised a lot at the moment. They recently increased the service coverage and now it reaches most of the population in and around Chiang Mai city, up to Doi saket, Hang dong etc etc. Sadly it doesn't reach me. I'd be quite interested to hear if anyone is already using it and what its like. Supposedly the fastest thing going at present. If you are out of coverage then it switches to edge. Could be worth considering?

It seems like it's been pretty sluggish over the last couple of days, but that could just be my laptop. Here's what I got just now

554499330.png

I've had very few disconnections though which has surprised me, a lot more stable than I thought it would be.

Ive stayed close to Chang Puak Road and and now Chang Klan Road. It's worked great in both those areas. I've no idea how reliable it would be as you head out of the city though.

Hope that helps

Edited by ha55ha

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/EN/ Ais Super 3G - This is being advertised a lot at the moment. They recently increased the service coverage and now it reaches most of the population in and around Chiang Mai city, up to Doi saket, Hang dong etc etc. Sadly it doesn't reach me. I'd be quite interested to hear if anyone is already using it and what its like. Supposedly the fastest thing going at present. If you are out of coverage then it switches to edge. Could be worth considering?

I have it as a back-up to ADSL. I have only had to use it once (thankfully) out in Hang Dong. It worked fine for email and general browsing. Not sure whether I got 3G or Edge... Under 4k to buy and then from as little as 100 Bht per month (first six months on 100 Baht package included.

I think most people would use a airgun I bought one in chiangmai it is a ZTE model can also use 3g my question is if you brought your sim card from your own country ie like vodaphone and used it here would the speed be faster as satelites are what revolve around the earth and some telephone companies use better 3g capibilities than here in thailand

I have it as a back-up to ADSL. I have only had to use it once (thankfully) out in Hang Dong. It worked fine for email and general browsing. Not sure whether I got 3G or Edge... Under 4k to buy and then from as little as 100 Bht per month (first six months on 100 Baht package included.