Getting Bike Re-taxed In Pattaya

JimsKnight

The main office around this area is situated in Ao Udom. They do car inspection and licenses too I think. But there is definitely one around the area in Pattaya that does this service with a slightly higher rate. I did mine at a private company in Sri Racha. No queues nothing. Fast and easy. Got a new sticker the next day.

The main office around this area is situated in Ao Udom. They do car inspection and licenses too I think. But there is definitely one around the area in Pattaya that does this service with a slightly higher rate. I did mine at a private company in Sri Racha. No queues nothing. Fast and easy. Got a new sticker the next day.

The main office is actually just outside Pattaya, on the 36 highway, behind the International School of the Regents.

Everything from driver licenses to tax to technical inspections...

You can do it at several licensed shops on Sukhumvit as well.

And, if your bike is under the age requiring the technical check uo you can do it any post office as well.

The main office is actually just outside Pattaya, on the 36 highway, behind the International School of the Regents.

Everything from driver licenses to tax to technical inspections...

You can do it at several licensed shops on Sukhumvit as well.

And, if your bike is under the age requiring the technical check uo you can do it any post office as well.

I only got my bike back in March, but nobody mentioned an age at which is has to have a check-up? Is that like an MoT in the UK? What is the age at which your bike has to have to have this, and can any streetside motorbike shop do it, or do you have to use licensed places, and if so where are they?

The age of the bike is written on your green book. In Thai of course. The first page. And the year in Thai year. This year's 2552, so you do the math.

And monty was right. It's the one behind Regents school. The other one at Ao Udom is another office too.

That doesn't help much. :) I asked at what age the bike has to be checked, and where to get it done. I know how to read the Bike's age in the green book, thank you.

5 years. Search on the forum a little and you'll get your answer.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Auto-motorbi...bike+evaluation

The age of the bike is written on your green book. In Thai of course. The first page. And the year in Thai year. This year's 2552, so you do the math.

And monty was right. It's the one behind Regents school. The other one at Ao Udom is another office too.

That doesn't help much. :) I asked at what age the bike has to be checked, and where to get it done. I know how to read the Bike's age in the green book, thank you.

To go to the Transportation Office, drive north on Sukumvit towards Laemchabang direction and make a U-turn to get to Highway 36 towards Rayong. Just past the The Regents school, make a u turn and turned left on the first road past the school. The Transportation office is easy to find, its a large complex.

5 years. Search on the forum a little and you'll get your answer.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Auto-motorbi...bike+evaluation