Travel Agency In Thailand

Hi everyone,

I would like to get in contact with travel agents or travel agency owners in Thailand since i am intrested in starting up a travel agency or invest/buy a established travel agency in Bangkok and/or Phuket. Intrested please email me at " [email protected] " or coment something here. I am also intrested of any other suggestions of any kind as long as it has to do with travelling industry.

Kind regards

Thai-trader

• 2 weeks later...
You're not allowed to own a travel agency without a TAT license. An agency with such an license is not eager to sell their agency to a foreigner.

So that means you can only invest a sum of money. But who do you trust?

a friend of mine is in a possession of TAT license.she is looking for an investor.her revenues are in direct proportion to the investment.she is seeking 20000$.the agency specialized in organizing trips to koh chang. if interested please call to 070981027 tatiana

For a TAT License you need to deposit 100,000-200,000 baht at the ministry of Tourism that will stay there as long as you keep your license.

Of course you need a Thai company as well.

I was checking similar idea recently, for more info PM.

The 200,000b deposit will allow international flight bookings.

You also need a registered TOT guide. These guides are trained and registered for different regions. Average commission is 15%.

Then add in these extra costs if you want to sell Thai rail tickets.

A bank guarantee (deposit) of 500,000b + TOT lead line rental of 40,000b a year and another 250,000b to set the rail booking system up. Just to make a 3% commission. :o

NL

The 200,000b deposit will allow international flight bookings.

You also need a registered TOT guide. These guides are trained and registered for different regions. Average commission is 15%.

Then add in these extra costs if you want to sell Thai rail tickets.

A bank guarantee (deposit) of 500,000b + TOT lead line rental of 40,000b a year and another 250,000b to set the rail booking system up. Just to make a 3% commission. :o

NL

There are now, on average, about 1 Million tourists coming to Thailand every month. Most of them use flights and relatively expensive accomodation. Many go on tours.

1960 - 81,340 tourists

1970 - 628,671

1980 - 1,858,801

1990 - 5,298,860

2000 - 9,578,826

2002 - 10,872,976

And tourism is one field in which a foreigner might have an advantage in Thailand. But not neccessarily by setting up a travel agency on the street...

A friend of mine who work in a TAT agency , told me every time a tuktuk bring a customer, the driver get a commission ( purchases or not from the farang) ..

Same go in the jewels or tourist shops ..

He said have the same farangs doing the round with the same tuktuk every month and get some of the commission cut !

Not sure if it is the norm for all the TAT agencies ?

Anyway the two TAT business ( big sign in the window ) around my place are the worth services orientated travel agency I saw .

• 4 weeks later...

Why not be a travel consultant? You just charge an hourly fee for arranging people's trips for them, and provide extra services like helping them with shopping or picking them up at the airport or train station. You're not actually booking tours or tickets through an agency, you're just doing the legwork for those travelers who like to have an itinerary before they leave home -- the same thing I do when I book a plane ticket or a hotel room for a friend or family member on travelocity, but instead of doing it to be nice, you charge. Travel consultants in the States charge as much as $100/hour, so you could probably charge $50 pretty easily.