Ah1n1 - Swine Flu In Chiang Mai

Mapguy

I just looked at three pages of Chiang Mai posts. I did not find anything on "THE" flu. This bodes well, actually, considering the probable average age of veteran multiposting TV Chiang Mai regulars who should be (but are not necessarily) monitoring their cholesterol. Older types might be somewhat more vulnerable to complications from flu as are young children.

So, what do you hear in a blessed pause (It seems) without too much media hype? Please, those of you who heard something from the friend of a friend, do not post! Fair enough? Otherwise, those who have decent information: Schools closing for a cleaning? Various hospitals tests and admissions policies? And so on. What's up in your corner of the world?

I just looked at three pages of Chiang Mai posts. I did not find anything on "THE" flu. This bodes well, actually, considering the probable average age of veteran multiposting TV Chiang Mai regulars who should be (but are not necessarily) monitoring their cholesterol. Older types might be somewhat more vulnerable to complications from flu as are young children.

So, what do you hear in a blessed pause (It seems) without too much media hype? Please, those of you who heard something from the friend of a friend, do not post! Fair enough? Otherwise, those who have decent information: Schools closing for a cleaning? Various hospitals tests and admissions policies? And so on. What's up in your corner of the world?

6 kids confirmed at my sons' school and years 3 and 4 closed.

what school?

maybe it has just become "ordinary", routine and not news any more.

lets face it we dont hear a lot about illness or deaths from other causes.

what is the ratio of serious illness due to the type of polution chiang mai sees every year in the dry season and pig flu?

what school?

Don't know if it's the same school, but I was at the Doc's last Saturday and she mentioned 5 kids had tested positive at the clinic the day before, from the 'Christian German', or the 'German Christian' school, or some such name.

I heard a confirmed case this week , the mother of a girl who stays at Sacred Heart girls school ,

told my wife she had H1n1 , after the news I took my son out of school for 2 days and away from

a busy party what they were planning for .

I don't trust them ( at school ) so do what I feel is best and that is avoiding large groups of people at all times .