Eva Air, Bkk To London

sunnymarky

I am thinking of flying with them next month, Has anyone flown this route with Eva air economy Bkk-Lon, and can give their experience of the service, food, comfort, TV screens/movies etc

I flew to and from amsterdam with them and i think its a very good airliner. Your own tv screen in the seat and lots of music and movies to watch. Great service and friendly staff. A lot better then air berlin, witch i flew with the last time. Eva has more space and more smiles from the crew. I say, take Eva! Have a nice flight.

I am thinking of flying with them next month, Has anyone flown this route with Eva air economy Bkk-Lon, and can give their experience of the service, food, comfort, TV screens/movies etc

I flew to and from amsterdam with them and i think its a very good airliner. Your own tv screen in the seat and lots of music and movies to watch. Great service and friendly staff. A lot better then air berlin, witch i flew with the last time. Eva has more space and more smiles from the crew. I say, take Eva! Have a nice flight.

Fully agree. Great flight but strict on excess baggage.

EVA can be great.

That said, several times I was there, a lot of Chinese were travelling on the same flight.

Very noisy, very rude, veritably stealing everything from the pantry.

So much, that halfway the flight there was a shortage of drinks and water

Very nice.

On the other hand, one day I had with me about 50 kilo of luggage, altogether.

The biggets part of it was promotional material from a TV-station in Holland for a school in Khon Kaen.

I showed the letter from the TV=station.

EVA supplied me with a box where all the stuff was put in, and there you go.

No extra charge.

Are they using better seats now then? I flew with them 4 years ago and vowed never again because the seats were made for small Chinese bums! Everything else was fine.

Will give them another go if a six footer tells me their seats are now at least as comfortable as the competition.

My airline of choice is Emirates, but would take a direct flight if it got within £150 of Emirates, which EVA occasionally does

for my 2 penneth, eva rate as about the best direct economy flight, fair food, good service plus seatback personal video which thai does not have on the jumbo (but does have and it is much much better on the airbus which currently is not listed on the timetable but they may change that again) ba is too cramped and quantas ...

only negs, need to ask for drinks rather than them coming round and they do not give you a bottle of water so maybe take some onboard.

the check in at heathrow can be chaos, swampy is fine

I've flown with Eva several times, always economy. The food BKK-LHR is ok, LHR-BKK it's dire, and they serve the smallest measures of wine I've ever seen in a glass, with little opportunity for a refill. But they're efficient, and frequently competitive on price for a direct flight.

I flew with EVA return London-BKK in April. Good aircraft, engines most powerful available, so can make up time if late like I was running, but arrived early. Crew good, beer frozen but no problem getting more if you want it. Back of the seat entertainment, films, music or information good. plenty of room in seats. Taiwan based group and I would be happy to fly with them again,its a direct flight, if the price was right

Wife went with EVA last Thursday night Lon - Bang and only thing she mentioned afterwards was that the meals were ..."not very much" which I take it to mean on the "scrimpy side" :)

No problem at check in and I was sure her case was over but MPrai....

Roll on next week...with...ice and lemon /lime ...yes please. :D

Eva premium economy is good value: more comfortable, more space, quiet, quick check-in, no queuing at the loo, but food and food service is like Economy. Chicken or fish, they slam it down Chinese-style and if you want another glass of wine you'll have to ask (but no problem to get it). I think we paid about an extra 20,000 baht in April.

• 3 weeks later...
Flew with them many times as most posters have, they always come tops for price direct flight.

I used to always upgrade before or prior to my flight I thnk it use dto be called evergreen it was in the middle of economy and business (more economy)

Just a question with regard to EVA air flights from BKK to LHR. They are all due to arrive at 19.15, anyone who's flown this route tell me if they are good with arrival times and how long it took to get out of T3 in LHR?

Edited by sunnymarky

Flew with them many times as most posters have, they always come tops for price direct flight.

I used to always upgrade before or prior to my flight I thnk it use dto be called evergreen it was in the middle of economy and business (more economy)

Just a question with regard to EVA air flights from BKK to LHR. They are all due to arrive at 19.15, anyone who's flown this route tell me if they are good with arrival times and how long it took to get out of T3 in LHR?

Normally 15-20 minutes early in my experience, anything from 40 mins to an hour to get out of T3.

Normally 15-20 minutes early in my experience, anything from 40 mins to an hour to get out of T3.

Thanks. I was wondering if I could get a train from paddington at 20.35 if I get the heathrow express at T3 but Immigration, customs and Luggage collection is gonna stuff that I think.

Edited by sunnymarky

Its definitely not service with a smile but its still good service and the food is passable. Decent selection of movies and the flight was actually about 10 minutes early but we were kept waiting on the tarmac until the actual arrival time.

Its definitely the best option from Bkk to London as its a direct flight but it would be nice to have a night flight for that part of the journey. I would definitely use them again.

Its definitely not service with a smile but its still good service and the food is passable. Decent selection of movies and the flight was actually about 10 minutes early but we were kept waiting on the tarmac until the actual arrival time.

Its definitely the best option from Bkk to London as its a direct flight but it would be nice to have a night flight for that part of the journey. I would definitely use them again.

I prefer the day flight myself to be honest as can never sleep anyway and getting in at 7pm means can stay up a few hours more and then get a good nights sleep and wake up fine in morning, helps to adjust back to u.k time.

Flown with them many times and never had a problem, best non stop service for the price

• 2 weeks later...

Spot on..... landed bang on time last night at 19-15.

Bit of a walk to Immigration where we went through the quick IRIS automatic entry system (register before you leave)...we were the only ones and there was quite big Q for normal passport check.

Unfortunately the Baggage collection can take time but last night not bad ...about 15 minutes.

Warning for Male passenger ...go to the TOILETS before Immigration coz the ones in Arrivals at Heathrow Terminal T 3 are shut for re furb.

The nearest was T3 Departures with Long Long Long Qs....next ones are beside the Virgin Airways check In ...about half a mile away... :D

SuWanna Departure on the other hand was GREAT..... :)

Incid EVA a bit tight on the Booze ...needed a crowbar to ........ :D

There aren't many direct flights to choose between, but Eva are fine when they offer the lowest fares :-)

Emirates were definitely a league above when I flew last time and can often be cheaper. An hour stop in an interesting airport is no hassle, amazing seat space, amazing entertainment system, good staff and good food.