New Honda Accord 2.0

phupaman

140kph is putting your foot down...225 is plain reckless. Especially here where the roads are packed with scooters, poor drivers, pedestrians, chickens, etc. Crazy at how many accidents I see as I travel around here...way more than in any Western country...and unfortunately, drivers like that usually take out an innocent person along with themselves....

do you honestly think he did this at a road packed with scooters and chickens?

at worst one of the bigger highways, at best empty tollway where the only way to really kill yourself is driving off the road, wich the thais seems to love to do, a lambo passed us at lightning speed the other night on one of the tollways in the rain, only to be passed by us 2minutes later having crashed into the siderail.

Toyota is to Honda what Merc is to BMW. Honda and BMW are drivers cars, Toyota and Merc are passenger cars. Corolla is the same class as the Civic, Camry is the same class as the Accord. Easy.

I have a friend who has a car rental company in Pattaya. I once asked him why he doesn't have Honda cars. He replied that is because he can't get any discounts from Honda while he get generous discounts from Toyota.

My top speed was 250 km/h in a BMW 540i on the German 6 lane autobahn between Hannover and Hamburg, possible the best motorway in the world for driving fast. It was build to be able to double as a runway for B52 bombers during the cold war. The engine could have done more, probably around 270 km/h but was electronically limited by the factory in a deal with the German authorities to do this voluntarily rather than have imposed speed limits.

Edited by Phil Conners

140kph is putting your foot down...225 is plain reckless. Especially here where the roads are packed with scooters, poor drivers, pedestrians, chickens, etc. Crazy at how many accidents I see as I travel around here...way more than in any Western country...and unfortunately, drivers like that usually take out an innocent person along with themselves....

this was not on beach road in pattaya! it was for a small run up on an empty tollway early morning in good sunlight. the road was dead straight and I drove it everyday at that time and just couldnt help myself. great fun, its very Therapeutic!

My top speed was 220kph in an awesome Porche 911. Can't imagine a lesser car dealing with that speed very well. I was on a country road, in the middle of nowhere Nevada, and only did it for 60 seconds or so. Truly a thrill...but then again, I lost my license in 2 states in the USA with that car. :)

it was a much lesser car! a 2.0 liter Honda Civic believe it or not. it had about 20,000 kilos on the clock and felt right at the time. great fun.

Toyota is to Honda what Merc is to BMW. Honda and BMW are drivers cars, Toyota and Merc are passenger cars. Corolla is the same class as the Civic, Camry is the same class as the Accord. Easy.

you are dead right.

Toyota suspends sales after recall of 2.3 million vehicles

The company's sales suspension is part of a recall announced last week to correct a problem that could cause the accelerator pedal to stick.

The recall affects Toyota's 2009-2010 RAV4, Corolla, Matrix, 2005-2010 Avalon, certain 2007-2010 Camry, 2010 Highlander, 2007-2010 Tundra and the 2008-2010 Sequoia.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/26/news/compa...ndex.htm?hpt=T2

It's not only about speed. A four banger is much more uncofortable (rought) than a V6 or even a straight six. A 6 has more torque, so you get better away of a U turn, when the bus or the truck is coming. a V6 doesn't mean more fuelconsumtion, because you don't need to "floor" your gaspedal all the time. A 4 cylider is a car for driving. a 6 cylinder, or even a V8 is for cruising

Following on from the original post.

I looked at the Corolla Altis and Civic last week.

Corolla 1.8 E was 900,000 and the Civic 1.8 E AT 904,000.

Looked at both cars and it was an easy decision to go for the Civic.

The Altis had what I would call a cumbesome design (My opinion was it looked like a 2004 design) interior and exterior while the Civic was much sleeker with a very nice interior and exterior.

Toyota offered fee insurance for a year, full fuel tank, dark windows, and others while Honda offered dark windows, back reverse sensor, leather interior and other stuff but no insurance or a tank of juice.

Monthly payments are almost identical but I had to put down an extra 20,000 for the Civic.

All in all I am pleased I dissed the mrs and went to have a look at the Civic. When she saw the difference in design she too saw that the Civic was far superior.

^^

New Corolla feels cramped and claustrophobic inside to me. Civic the better of the two, but looking a bit long in the tooth. Surely must be due for either complete replacement or final face-lift before replacement. Anyone know?

P.S. Think we have drifted off topic btw

do you honestly think he did this at a road packed with scooters and chickens?

at worst one of the bigger highways, at best empty tollway where the only way to really kill yourself is driving off the road, wich the thais seems to love to do, a lambo passed us at lightning speed the other night on one of the tollways in the rain, only to be passed by us 2minutes later having crashed into the siderail.

This guy almost killed himself...tire blowout at high speed on his BMW...bummer for the car.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Road-Race-Le...om-t335109.html

Just purchased the 2.4 EL Accord....bought from the Honda dealer on Lad Prao (just up from the FoodLand). We were given free insurance, a cash discount of 24,500 plus some 18 free inclusions....(wife did the negotiating :) ). We did the motor expo a couple of months back and the Camry and Accord were next to each others stands...To be honest, I found the Camry interior and front panel to be dated and did not have that "spark" when being viewed. The Accord had a more modern look to it (just my two cents worth).

They are both on par with each other for the most part...comes down to personal taste and what you want from a car I guess.

Cheers....Aussie :D

I would say that the Altis is not in the same league as the accord! It's not even in the same ball game. The accord is a fantastic smooth ride, I have driven Bangkok to Phuket 3 times in it without more then a couple of coffee breaks and fuel stops and it's a very comfortable ride. It's got looks and style and is well worth every baht I spent on it.

I like the looks of the camry, this car is in the same league as the accord but in my opinion the accord is the best drivers car.

Thinking about it now, is the altis not used as taxis? 1.6 liter model not the 2.0 liter.

Edited by asiancup2007

I would say that the Altis is not in the same league as the accord! It's not even in the same ball game. The accord is a fantastic smooth ride, I have driven Bangkok to Phuket 3 times in it without more then a couple of coffee breaks and fuel stops and it's a very comfortable ride. It's got looks and style and is well worth every baht I spent on it.

I like the looks of the camry, this car is in the same league as the accord but in my opinion the accord is the best drivers car.

Thinking about it now, is the altis not used as taxis? 1.6 liter model not the 2.0 liter.

Yes the accord is very nice car indeed and not comparable to an Altis except to say they are both cars.

Your accord is a V6 right? So pricey in Thailand compared to other countries, but hey if you can afford it

why not. Excellent colour choice too. I doubt your car will ever be mistaken for a taxi.

Edited by asiancup2007

Yes the accord is very nice car indeed and not comparable to an Altis except to say they are both cars.

Your accord is a V6 right? So pricey in Thailand compared to other countries, but hey if you can afford it

why not. Excellent colour choice too. I doubt your car will ever be mistaken for a taxi.

I wish it is a V6, can't afford that one I'm afraid. Mine is the standard 2.0 litre. still a great car to drive and am very happy with it.