New Honda Accord 2.0

phupaman

Hi all.

Seriously thinking of buying a new Accord 2.0 for cash for my wife, 2 years ago we bought a new City for cash and did not get any discount although we did ask, I feel reluctant to go back to the same honda dealer with 1,265.000 baht and get no discount.

Any one bought a 2.0 Accord lately? did you get any discount? What kind of discount could I expect for buying cash? I will leave the purchase until early 2010.

phupaman

• 4 months later...

Hi HaiSoh.

Did not buy Accord the reason was that Honda in Khonkaen told my wife discount of 20,000 bahtand nothing else,So went to Toyota free ins and stacks of freebies ,film.boot liner ,car cover.reverse sensor,bought 2.0 Corolla AltisDual vvt-imany more options than Accord or Camry, she likes it a lot and is glad she chose it.

phupaman

Hi HaiSoh.

Did not buy Accord the reason was that Honda in Khonkaen told my wife discount of 20,000 bahtand nothing else,So went to Toyota free ins and stacks of freebies ,film.boot liner ,car cover.reverse sensor,bought 2.0 Corolla AltisDual vvt-imany more options than Accord or Camry, she likes it a lot and is glad she chose it.

phupaman

However the Accord is at least two classes above the Altis!

Not much discount to be expected, but the Accords are great cars. Comfortable but yet more fun to drive compared with a Camry.

Cheers

Hi HaiSoh.

phupaman

Not much discount to be expected, but the Accords are great cars. Comfortable but yet more fun to drive compared with a Camry.

Cheers

Yeah, i was also thinking about buying a Honda Accord. It is just a great looking and sportive car in this segment. Does anyone have a proper experience with the camry?

Thanks

I would say that the Altis is not in the same league as the accord! It's not even in the same ball game. The accord is a fantastic smooth ride, I have driven Bangkok to Phuket 3 times in it without more then a couple of coffee breaks and fuel stops and it's a very comfortable ride. It's got looks and style and is well worth every baht I spent on it.

I like the looks of the camry, this car is in the same league as the accord but in my opinion the accord is the best drivers car.

Thinking about it now, is the altis not used as taxis? 1.6 liter model not the 2.0 liter.

Edited by onnut

The Camry ticks all the right boxes. The Accord is ugly & the Camry is soooooo sexy. PLUS it's a Toyota. What's not to like?

the camry is a nice looking car but it has a Toyota badge on it which puts me off. I never liked toyota. But have admit that I think the camry is a nice car. It's not a drivers car like the accord though!

Hi All.The 2.0V Altis is nothing like the 1.6 or the 1.8 the vvt-i system fitted on the 2.0 is only fitted on the top spec Camry 3.5 and it really makes a difference to the car, and my wife likes the trim inside the car ,much nicer than the Accord.

phupaman.

Hi Onnut.

Variable valve timing -inteligent, Dual vvt-i which means varible valves on both intake and exhaust. the engine is very quite ,you cannot hear it ticking over, they claim better fuel economy and better performance, but I have only drove it a couple of times so cannot comment yet, but it does go well and is a nice ride. I think it will leave the 2.0 Camry

for dead.

phupaman

Hi Phupaman, thanks for the explaination. Engines are getting more and more complicated aren't they? I also think it will leave the 2 liter camry for dead along with the accord. I had the 2 liter civic before I bought the accord and the civic was much faster.

I prefer the accord though because of the comfort and size. Although it is still pretty fast if I put my foot down.

a V-6 makes no sense in Thailand.

what makes you say that? cost? or practicality

V6 makes perfect sense here, especially the hills and mountains up in chiang mai-chiang rai, highways etc

with 4 adults, a 2 ltr would struggle up some of those hills

I've been stopped doing 225 on the highway and only got a 200 baht fine. Some roads are very good for speeding.

Indeed. And all roads are good for killing yourself. Doing 225, it won't be long now. Try not to take anyone out when you do so, there's a good chap. :)

Hi HaiSoh.

phupaman

Cheers

Yeah, i was also thinking about buying a Honda Accord. It is just a great looking and sportive car in this segment. Does anyone have a proper experience with the camry?

Thanks

Took delivery on a 2007 Camry 2,4 DVD in november 2006. Pearl white. Best 1,5 mill baht saloon at the time. did 42k km in 14 months, replaced all brakes at 30k km. Softish to drive, does not handle well over 150kmh, heavy steering at low speed too light at high speed, too much wind noise from side windows. Great equipment kit.

Replaced it with Accord 2,4 no navi, february 2008. Handles and steer much better, brakes better, better front seats, better lights, too much road noise but little wind noise, larger rearseat. Issues, rearbrakes gone at 20k km, front discs blue at 30k km warrantycovered. Done 70+ km by now

Milage same, Accord faster and more powerfull.

edit, forgot, to the poster saying Altis 2,0 is on par with Accord/Camry, far out. and probably Accord 2,0 155hp/5 speed auto would beat Altis 2,0 145 hp/4 speed auto.

Altis is in best case on par with Civic and Focus, just slower than Civic.

Edited by katabeachbum

I've been stopped doing 225 on the highway and only got a 200 baht fine. Some roads are very good for speeding.

Indeed. And all roads are good for killing yourself. Doing 225, it won't be long now. Try not to take anyone out when you do so, there's a good chap. :)

we have all put our foot down at one time or another, there is no need to sound off like that!

140kph is putting your foot down...225 is plain reckless. Especially here where the roads are packed with scooters, poor drivers, pedestrians, chickens, etc. Crazy at how many accidents I see as I travel around here...way more than in any Western country...and unfortunately, drivers like that usually take out an innocent person along with themselves....

we have all put our foot down at one time or another, there is no need to sound off like that!

Sorry. Didn't mean to sound off. Just think like Craig that 225 is completely mad. 160 is what i do very occasionally if the road is straight, empty and it's daylight.

My top speed was 220kph in an awesome Porche 911. Can't imagine a lesser car dealing with that speed very well. I was on a country road, in the middle of nowhere Nevada, and only did it for 60 seconds or so. Truly a thrill...but then again, I lost my license in 2 states in the USA with that car. :)