Altering Shirts

NewtoBKK

Hi,

Would greatly appreciate any advice on where I can get my shirts altered in bangkok? The shirts I have are slightly too large all round (ie. collar, sleeves, body, etc...). Is this even possible, and if so, any idea where and how much it will cost?

Thanks!

For a decent job you might pay close to 50% of the cost of a new shirt so it might be better to get new shirts made and use your old ones for casual wear, maybe cutting a few down to short sleeves?

There are lots of street-based menders with sewing machines but I'm not sure they could handle a job like this. An alternative would be to locate a small job-shop which specializes in shirt manufacture for the tailor shops and approach them directly. There are speicialized job shops ( jackets or pants or shirts ) scattered throughout the city, usually not too far from the tailor shops.

Thanks lomatopo, those were my exact same thoughts! However, I am reluctant to throw them away because a number of them are pretty new and I did pay quite a bit for them... so I figured I'll store them away until I can find a good tailor that can do such alterations at a reasonable price.

So do let me know if any of you have any specifc recommendations, thanks!

Thanks lomatopo, those were my exact same thoughts! However, I am reluctant to throw them away because a number of them are pretty new and I did pay quite a bit for them... so I figured I'll store them away until I can find a good tailor that can do such alterations at a reasonable price.

In the bottom of Emporium, parking lot level, is probably the best shop in town for alterations. Level 3 I think, at the back near the lifts, cant remember the name.

• 4 months later...

In the bottom of Emporium, parking lot level, is probably the best shop in town for alterations. Level 3 I think, at the back near the lifts, cant remember the name.

I'm also looking for shirt alterations. bkkjames, is this shop you described in Emporium an 'over the counter shop' i.e. where do they measure you up for the alteration etc ?

I need a couple of shirts 'slimmed' - taken in at the back to prevent them bunching up at the front when wearing a suit....