The're Baaaack

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've heard, I do hope the lady win back the election

Well I guess it must be election time again...... why we haven't had one in at least several months now....

That or else the garbage trucks are getting nosier.

Is the former lady mayor running and if so can someone tell me which number she is ?????

Thanks guy & gals & whatever

Gonzo

Well I guess it must be election time again...... why we haven't had one in at least several months now....

Is the former lady mayor running and if so can someone tell me which number she is ?????

Gonzo

According to a poster that I saw in Thapae Rd she is #7.

/ Priceless

Nope.

No. 7 is Jae Bui

No. 4 poster is someone called Wanlop, promising cheap internet if he gets in.

No. 1 is Peng , or "Dr. Peng"

I think there's a few more doctors as a friend just told me there are in fact 2 "Nai Paeds" Drs. and not one.

I can only assume that this election, translates that those running do not have to adhere to the law.

Is there not a law that these miserable *%$#(% sound trucks are not to blast their BS before 9AM, or after 5PM.

I thought this was the law, but my hours may be off

Well at 6:14 AM this morning one came by my window blasting away. Makes you feel like you would like to have a large shotgun and blast the speakers right off the truck,,,,,, or maybe just grab the driver by the throat and stick his head right into the biggest, loudest speaker

I've got a big poster, of No. 7, right across the street and it doesn't look like the former mayor..... I remember her as being a pretty, attractive lady, but without a moustache

G

priceless is right

she is number 7

how many dry days this time ?

answers on a postcard to po box xxx keynsham bristol

dave2

Nope !! your foto of # 7 is a gal by the name of Wepawan (or something like that)

The former lady mayor Dr Duentemduan Na ChiengMai (spelling again) is # 1

And in so far as looks are concerned # 1 has already got my vote in the bag.

The only similarity between # 7 and # 1 is that they are both female.

And Gonzo your recollections of the former lady mayor are absolutely correct.

So apart from you and me, all the others really need to visit the optomitrist (like the guy who cannot find a gas station in CM)

Edited by john b good

To Date my winner of the stupid iz az stupid duz poster, is the clown, a couple years back that was standing chest deep in river water. With intelligence like that no doubt he will be Prime Minister one day

.... but what about these sound trucks..... anybody else find them annoying at 6 in the morning ?

Deuntemduang Na Chiang Mai she's number 1 on the signs. Her opponent is ex mayor Boonlert. He's number 4 I think. The guy with the specs. Yes he was the hero who waded out into the floods for a photo op. Very smart when he should have prevented the flood in the first place. There's a few other also runs including a chinese fellow called Saetieo who'se promising to give old age pensioners 500bht every month. My wife says she laughs every time one of his loud speaker trucks goes past as his name sounds very like the kum muang for "take your trousers off".

Citylife had a decent interview with the outgoing and I hope returning mayor.

Deuntemduang Na Chiang Mai she's number 1 on the signs. Her opponent is ex mayor Boonlert. He's number 4 I think. The guy with the specs. Yes he was the hero who waded out into the floods for a photo op. Very smart when he should have prevented the flood in the first place. There's a few other also runs including a chinese fellow called Saetieo who'se promising to give old age pensioners 500bht every month. My wife says she laughs every time one of his loud speaker trucks goes past as his name sounds very like the kum muang for "take your trousers off".

i could be mistaken, but I thought Boonlert wasnt running, but his cousin is as Boonlert has a 5 year ban or something

i could be mistaken, but I thought Boonlert wasnt running, but his cousin is as Boonlert has a 5 year ban or something

Yes you're correct, his cousin is acting as his stooge. The chap with the glasses I think is Nim See Seng. Anyone know ?

To Date my winner of the stupid iz az stupid duz poster, is the clown, a couple years back that was standing chest deep in river water. With intelligence like that no doubt he will be Prime Minister one day

.... but what about these sound trucks..... anybody else find them annoying at 6 in the morning ?

another reason im glad to be in the boondocks

:)

another reason im glad to be in the boondocks

:D

It don't make any difference to me whether it's at 06.00 or any other time of the day. They are a bunch of goons, just the same as the pickups that drive around 3 - 4 in tandem advertising Big C or Carrefour.

Thai's love noise :):D

I had the good fortune of meeting Dr Duentemduan Na ChiengMai, the former mayor and candidate No. 1. I can say she is No. 1 with me, as well. Caring, intelligent, articulate and committed to all the people of CM, us included. Her peccadillo regarding her formal residence would have been soundly ignored had she not had the temerity to win against a man often accused of numerous instances of corruption, and been a member of the Democratic Party, which is the "wrong" party to belong to here in ThaksinLand. Good Luck to her. If I knew her campaign HQ address, I would drop off a contribution.

Just as a suggestion. Maybe some kindred spirit of a TV Member could take and post the photos [ I think there are only Numbers 1 - 7 ] along with the English printed names. After we local expats do have some interest in the community even if we cannot vote.

Be nice to get them all in one post.

Pim, do you by any chance have file photos of the candidates ???

Gonzo

Great! Another know-nothing thread about Chiang Mai politics! But my thanks to a couple of posters who do seem to try to keep up with things.

One of the remarkable features of this thread is the extraordinarily casual mis-identification by a couple of TV posters of Dr Duentemduan Na ChiengMai, the former mayor and candidate No. 1! After that silliness, not even a "Whoops, I left my spectacles at home --- and, of course, please excuse me, but I have never actually met her let alone know what she can or has tried to do for Chiang Mai!) The original ignorant TV poster comment is out and out hilarious! How can anyone believe in the perception of such people!

I should finish saying that I am not a particular fan of Khun Peng, but one goes have to admire her carrying on after the very unfortunate very nasty political trick that was done on her.

Great! Another know-nothing thread about Chiang Mai politics! But my thanks to a couple of posters who do seem to try to keep up with things.

One of the remarkable features of this thread is the extraordinarily casual mis-identification by a couple of TV posters of Dr Duentemduan Na ChiengMai, the former mayor and candidate No. 1! After that silliness, not even a "Whoops, I left my spectacles at home --- and, of course, please excuse me, but I have never actually met her let alone know what she can or has tried to do for Chiang Mai!) The original ignorant TV poster comment is out and out hilarious! How can anyone believe in the perception of such people!

I should finish saying that I am not a particular fan of Khun Peng, but one goes have to admire her carrying on after the very unfortunate very nasty political trick that was done on her.

Madguy gets my vote as the most pompous poster on Thai Visa :)

The original ignorant TV poster comment is out and out hilarious! How can anyone believe in the perception of such people!

=============

Perhaps when you [if] get up in the morning, you will better interpret your above statement.

So I heard at the gym that the mayor might pull out of the race because she has a sex tape online or something. Is this true or just normal gym talk? I have no idea.

=================

Now thats real marketing..... the others are just using posters and sound trucks.....

Just joking

I do hope Kn Peng wins by a landslide....

Gonzo

/ Priceless

No priceless, she is candidate number 1

But I agree not so easy to recognise compared with photographs a month or so back. hence the confusion.

Older voters in Chiangmai have their doubts about her. they are more conservative

Gonzo

/ Priceless

No priceless, she is candidate number 1

But I agree not so easy to recognise compared with photographs a month or so back. hence the confusion.

Older voters in Chiangmai have their doubts about her. they are more conservative

My apologies :) I only saw the poster when driving by it. Now that I've seen her own posters, it is obvious that she is #1.

/ Priceless