The're Baaaack

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Broken Hearted......! ! !

Its not even dark and they just took down the No 1 poster from outside my window !

Nay Hark and Prithee....woe is me

Do you suppose I could get the Lady Mayor to give me one ...... autographed perhaps..... I would be willing to pay a hamburger or two...... maybe with fruit shake even, ...... if the poster is in good condition,,, that is...

Gonzo

ps nobody has even touched or thought of taking down the other eyesore posters.... thats Number 2 - 7 with sometimes 10

:):D

ask John B he might have a spare 1 or 10 :D

So sorry for not posting the updated information as promised, i got a bit carried away with other things and only got round to compiling and translating the candidates' information yesterday. Anyway, if you are at all interested, you can read up about all of them at http://www.chiangmainews.com/pdf/MAYORAL2....aba0535b2412a11 (or just go to www.chiangmaicitylife.com, there is a link from the main page).

I couldn't even get any information on candidates 8-10 as apaprently they have been put there as supporting numbers of other candidates without any agenda of their own. There was only one candidate whose office responded to our questions, the rest of the information we got from their flyers, leaflets and posters.

After reading all that, I like number 3 now (bit late now) - I was always pro 1, but after her CityLife Interview saying she does not have jurisdiction over roads etc, and then her campaign focuses on roads, it make it all a bit of a joke IMO.

So who won?

Just saw a news Item - seemed to be No.2 getting all the vots, number 1 getting some and not a lot else (don't know how old the news clip was) - the dozen or so red shirts in the audience cheered with each vote and shone torches at the camera! (bet most of them don't even know old-evil-eyes name, let along his policies - I guess if a donkey had stood wearing red it would be doing well too!)

That would be rather surprising, since urban Chiang Mai is mostly a pretty Yellow/Democrat kind of place. Once you clear town it's a different story, but this being a mayor election it's only the town area that's voting, obviously. Also, to vote you have to be registered as living in Chiang Mai on a house registration document, meaning that many (poorer) people whove lived in Chiang Mai (town) for years but don't own property don't get to vote.

So to be honest I was expecting a Number 1 landslide. May still happen, depending on which districts are in. Not much you can say about it now.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

That would be rather surprising, since urban Chiang Mai is a pretty Yellow/Democrat kind of place. Once you clear town it's a different story. Also, to vote you have to be registered, meaning that (mostly poorer) people whove lived in Chiang Mai for years but don't own property don't get to vote.

So to be honest I was expecting a Number 1 landslide. May still happen, depending on which districts are in. Not much you can say about it now.

Any idea when the counts in Winnie? (come on number 4!) :)

The university area is more Democrat, not so much the other areas.

Don't forget the whole of Kawila army camp also gets to vote (army incl. those doing service all have to move their residency to the camp while staying there). I would imagine last time there was big army backing for no 1 but not necessarily this time.

That would be rather surprising, since urban Chiang Mai is a pretty Yellow/Democrat kind of place. Once you clear town it's a different story. Also, to vote you have to be registered, meaning that (mostly poorer) people whove lived in Chiang Mai for years but don't own property don't get to vote.

Any idea when the counts in Winnie? (come on number 4!) :)

Election Night special

Edited by KevinHunt

Just saw a news Item - seemed to be No.2 getting all the vots, number 1 getting some and not a lot else (don't know how old the news clip was) - the dozen or so red shirts in the audience cheered with each vote and shone torches at the camera! (bet most of them don't even know old-evil-eyes name, let along his policies - I guess if a donkey had stood wearing red it would be doing well too!)

Any information on which candidate was paying a 1000 baht per vote.???

This thread had 99 replies....... just couldn't let it die without adding 1 more to make it 100

I still vote for number 1

:D

Sorry farang vote or thoughts do not count in Thai election. :)

Maybe to you they don't count.... but to me it matters

You mean it matters to you that you don't have a vote. ? The election is over anyway.

Edited by caf

This thread had 99 replies....... just couldn't let it die without adding 1 more to make it 100

:D

Sorry farang vote or thoughts do not count in Thai election. :D

You mean it matters to you that you don't have a vote. ? The election is over anyway.

You know Caf ........ reading your posts, makes me think that you must be the life of the party at a funeral wake.

:)

Gonzo said:

You know Caf ........ reading your posts, makes me think that you must be the life of the party at a funeral wake.

:)

Anything constructive to add.

You are not the clearest of posters. If you meant expats even with no vote have an interest in our fair city then I agree with you. But you didnt say that. You implied you did not like having a vote. But as I say you are not clear and that is a worry

Worried too about your wake comment. You are still in the land of the living are you? Still in touch with reality.? Are we still remembering what day of the week it is? The election is over, it is no more, it has ceased to be, :D

( with apologies to monty python)

Edited by caf