Golf Teaching Pro In Chiang Mai

Fore Man

Any golfer looking to make improvements in his or her swing, or perhaps a beginner looking for a teacher will benefit from visiting the San Sai Driving Range. The range is located on the Mae Jo Road (Hwy 1001) on the left side as one heads north from the Superhighway. There are several small businesses operating at the range but in IMHO none better than Genius Golf Academy, headed by a Thai PGA pro named Jeerakit Teeraputtikulchai (Khun Gai). Khun Gai is the most patient teaching pro I have ever worked with and will work with you until you are both completely satisfied that you have made the changes or improvements sought...without trying to gouge you for more money than the initially agreed price. I have discovered that golf teachers around here--especially the farang ones--are a bit like some dentists back in the States...always looking to extract more of your hard-earned money for additional services whether or not they are really needed...or drawing out lessons and expecting another cash injection before moving on. Khun Gai and his academy are morally head and shoulders above their peers in this regard. He negotiates one reasonable price at the start with his students and after that there is no regard for how many actual lessons are needed to do the job. He is a completely patient instructor and works with you until you master his teachings no matter how long that may take. He works well with all ages, sexes and skill levels--from children, women, brand new golfers, seasoned duffers looking to move their game to a new level, and older players with their typical limitations...and then tailors the instruction to match. The academy also has several excellent golf training aids that most local pros lack and these have proven to be valuable in accentuating and reinforcing important swing thoughts that must be mastered. The man has rebuilt my ugly swing into something that I am now able to confidently take to the course with a strong expectation of playing well. I only wish that I had started with them a lot sooner than I did.

If any TV reader is interested in learning more about the academy, its pricing structure or other details, please send me an email and I will be glad to discuss such topics with you. I have no financial interest in this firm and am simply offering my recommendations to any TV readers who are seeking a good teacher in the CM area.

FYI information and reference, Genius Golf Academy has a bilingual website at: http://www.golfcm.com/en/index.html

Good luck with your game!